RE-LIVE HISTORY - Listen to John Shrader's Key Goal Calls at sjearthquakes.com

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by San Jose Earthquakes, Nov 17, 2003.

1. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know how to remove the sound track from a video and take an audio tape recording and dub it onto that sound track. That's what we ought to do with John Schraders radio announcements. Place them over the top of those Galaxy people.

2. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those are two great goal calls.

I literally got chills listening to the game winner. :)

3. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone
    I haven't heard these yet...but knowing John as I do, these should be sponsored by Hall's Fruit Breezers...

4. Toffees_rule

Toffees_rule New Member

Feb 11, 2000
    SFSU
    i laughed so hard it was great, i could swear doyle was tearing up after mullan's goal let alone donovan's...does he still sport the mullet? :D

5. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Landon's goal is absolutely freakin' hilarious! I'm laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes. They were just outright screaming at each other. They sounded like us!!! "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!"

6. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How do you save those? They should be kept for posterity.

7. Bajoro

Bajoro Member+

Sep 10, 2000
    The Inland Empire
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for posting these! I just played them for my business partner and she really got a kick out of it.

8. quakesfan10

quakesfan10 New Member

Sep 24, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    SWEET! :)

I saved them in my mp3's. Something I will want to relive over and over again.

Albany: when you click the link, there should be an options box and one of the options should be "save"

9. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the tip. I wound up saving them as Quicktime files as well as mp3 files. Don't be half safe!!

10. Fah Que

Fah Que Member

Sep 29, 2000
    LA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    It's hilarious. :D

11. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought Doyle was going to burst. Especially on Mullan's goal, too.

Great calls by Shrader... and overall, he had a fantastic broadcast last weekend, I listened to every moment of the webcast. Not only did I get the chills and goosebumps and tears on those goal calls, but that was the case throughout the match for me, as well.

12. Spiro_In_San_Jose

Spiro_In_San_Jose New Member

Apr 18, 2003
    San Jose
    These moments are so classic. It was awesome in the game winner because on any other play that could have been a goal they would scream their lungs off. It sounded the same when LD scored so it was suspenseful to hear the call. Overall a good broadcasting effort this week.

13. dred

dred Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    Land of Champions
    Awesome stuff. I have searched the KNEW site and socceraudio.com, is there anyway to get a copy of the webcasts of the game (both games actually)?

14. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there any way to get a copy of the complete John-John duo's audio? I didn't see any archives on the KNEW web site. Or am I asking the same question dred is?

15. quakesfan2003

quakesfan2003 New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Brentwood, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.socceraudio.com/

Scroll down just a bit...it is right there at the top. A 32MB file to have forever. 2 1/2 hours of one of the greatest games ever!

16. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yesssssss! Muchas gracias. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

17. quakesfan2003

quakesfan2003 New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Brentwood, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No problem! I am gonna burn the game to CD(s) and my friend and I are gonna listen to it down to LA on Thursday!

I emailed Mr. Shrader last night, to give him props on the excellent game him and Doyle called, and he sent me a reply yesterday morning, thanking me for the kind words. The main motivation for the email was to ask him where I could tune in at the HDC to listen to his and Doyle's call of the game.

Was I the only one who brought a radio to the game on Saturday?

18. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will download that as soon as I get home.

I would now, but I am at work at the Ballarat Courier at the moment.

Classic match call, yes-- but I'm not sure if any of my co-workers at the sub-editors desk would appreciate hearing John Shrader going nuts again. :(

19. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, I should do the same. I bet he'd be delighted to hear from me. :)

As should the rest of us, too... in that exact symbiotic nature.

What's John's e-mail addy? Does anyone have that handy?

20. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Shrader rocks!"

21. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

West Bromwich Albion/RBNY/PSG/Gamba Osaka/Sac Republic
    United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If any of you downloaded both the goals off the Quakes site and the Schrader audio off socceraudio.com, you might notice that the broadcast gets garbled at times on the Socceraudio, er, audio.

Quite noticeable during the Donovan game winner. Thank God the Quakes' audio is clear.

22. QuidditchFan

QuidditchFan Member

Apr 3, 2002
    The video from mlsnet was not half-bad either!

Wow.

When the 49ers beat the Bengals in the 1989 Super Bowl, I was not able to watch the game and so recorded the radio broadcast. I would replay the touchdown call of Montana to John Taylor over and over, and the effect never lessened. Rather, the goose bumps and euphoria grew.

I just watched the replay of the Landon Donovan goal from mlsnet (this was the first time I was able to see the goal again...saw it live, but haven't seen a replay of it until now). This is the type of game and goal that sucks you into both the team and the league. Personally, the parallel between that goal and the Montana-to-Taylor touchdown pass is poignant.

Prior to this year, these types of emotional moments in the MLS were infrequent, and I have been a Quakes' fan since the inception of the league. I actually am trying to figure out why I am more excited about the last two playoff games than I was over the DeRosario overtime goal against the Galaxy in the MLS Cup Finals.

Maybe the missing ingredient at that point was the time invested in the product...