Re-broadcast of SJ-LA?

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by zcgf02, Nov 13, 2003.

1. zcgf02

zcgf02 New Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Houston
    Anyone know if MLS ShootOut will be showing the FSW re-broadcast of the SJ-LA game? They're showing the Fire-Revs game later that night, but I don't know about the SJ-LA game.

2. Andy_B

Andy_B Member+

Feb 2, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, FSW is showing the game before the Revs - Fire game according to an article on mlsnet.com

Andy

3. Warren Van Orden

Feb 29, 2000
    Richmond CA
    Although KMPC, Los Angeles, only the match from the middle of the second half, you can hear the last hour of the broadcast via http://www.socceraudio.com
    We obtained a copy of what was streamed, you can listen live or download the file.

4. Davids26

Davids26 Member

May 31, 2000
    Wouldn't be surprised since FSW is rebroadcasting if they went back and had the Galaxy announcers or someone over at FSW do the whole match on tape.

5. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My money is on FSW having Bretos or someone doing commentary as if they didn't know the result. You'll hafta tell me if my guess is right as I'll be avoiding that channel until 5:30.

6. da_cfo

da_cfo New Member

Apr 19, 2003
    San Francisco CA
    That would be my bet too.

Max Bretos is a trained actor as well as a stand-up comedian.

7. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[Johnny Carson]
    I did not know that
    [/Johnny Carson]

8. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's Max showing his acting chops:

[​IMG]

Max is a renaissance man in its purest form.

9. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    It's being replayed in my brain right now.

10. sanariot

sanariot Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate Bretos, but big up to FSW for showing this!

11. sanariot

sanariot Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You sir are a clairvoyant!

I just watched the rebroadcast. Gives me new respect for MadMax as a broadcaster. I don't know how many of the marquee - (and truth be told, Max is one step below them) broadcasters - (John Madden, Marv Albert, Al Michaels, Bill Walton, Andres Cantor and the late greats Chick Hearn, Ernie Harwell, Curt Gowdy, Howard Cossell, Harry Caray and Johnny Most) of sports could make a "plausibly live" broadcast seem more "plausibly live". Max (as annoying as I find him) gets full marks from me on this one.

12. SYoshonis

SYoshonis Member+

Jun 8, 2000
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ernie Harwell is still alive. He's retired, but does a game here or there on a special-guest basis.

13. Warren Van Orden

Feb 29, 2000
    Richmond CA
    Did he really list Bill Walton and not Vin Scully?

Andres Cantor routinely narrates matches on several day delay on Telemundo, most commonly these days World Cup 2006 Qualifiers from South America. He does pretty well. His predecessor, Jorge Ramos, would occassionally call a match live on Radio Unica and then talk "to tape" a couple days later for Telemundo, and do superbly.

14. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    When I was in college, a couple friends of mine took an art history class, and they noticed that, in the nude sculptures from the Renaissance, the men were basically hung like gerbils. For a few months after that, they thought the phrase "Renaissance man" was a reference to, erm, equipment, until another professor pointed out the more conventional meaning. Still, I can't help but read "Max is a renaissance man in its purest form" and chuckle at the other association.