Re: AC Milan official transfer, rumor, and speculation thread 8

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Cassano, Jul 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    About time for a new transfer thread.

[​IMG]

2. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    So I read that Drogba is deciding this week what will his future hold and apparently we are still interested in him. Is that true? Although his character is far from what I like, he would be a great addition to the squad IMO for the right price.

3. Chubby

Chubby New Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Let Drog go back Marseille, take fun's money and complain about it in a year or two... lol
    Do you really see him with Dinho, Zeedorf and Kaka' on the same team? Dunno. Who is gonna take free kicks??? Or we will have a celebrity deathmatch?

Better take Sheva. 2 year long lesson in humility (and humiliation) was more then enough... At least he will behave.

4. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I would actually take Sheva as a super sub. I am not sure Chelsea would let him go though.

5. Borriello

Borriello New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Jamaica
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Finally our moderator is back, this place has become a zoo in the past few months.

Everyone welcome back Cassano, while he was on a 120 foot yacht sailing around the Mediterranean for the summer sipping on Don Perignon, we were withering away in our chairs in a dark, unlit room: Starting arguments on bigsoccer, and writing long illiterate posts (Special honor: gcstorm)..

6. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    welcome back cassano...why all the hate boriello? im actually on ur side in playin boriello as a starter before pato...

7. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And why exactly would that be? Pato and Pippo have both proved, in a Milan shirt, to be Milan quality. Why should Borriello start over players we already know can score goals for us. Until he scores goals consistently for Milan he will be third choice behind Pato and Pippo.

8. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    the irony is, if this place is a zoo its because posters like Borriello are worthless.

9. Chubby

Chubby New Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Dude, what it has to do with moderation?

10. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    more sheva rumors today, and they will most likely continue until they figure out whats up with borriello... this is a huge loss for him, i think, because he was actually going to get a good and extended run in the team right about now and now he has suffered this setback

11. Campioni_2006

Campioni_2006 New Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Are you referring to this thread? ;)

12. Borriello

Borriello New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Jamaica
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    As opposed to worthless moderators like yourself who don't add anything and just come on to insult me for no reason..?

13. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  14. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    So will we Pato be the lone striker for majority of the season or will Borriello start as well?

15. shalom82

shalom82 New Member

Apr 27, 2008
    Buddy, not trying to teach you how to do your thing, but do you think this kind of post is appropriate for a moderator?
    As a fellow mod, and a reasonable human being, I'd say you might want to keep that kind of tone for elsewhere and not on this board, where you're meant to be a guarantor for fairness, impartiality, peaceful debate and rule-abiding behaviour, for fight-picking and name-calling.

16. Borriello

Borriello New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Jamaica
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Jawz is a joke, he only comes on to pick online "fights" with other members. I'm not even sure how he got to being a moderator since he's the complete opposite of everything a moderator should be doing: providing news links, writing interesting soccer articles, and basically everything you talked about shalom82.

17. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    i personally love inzaghi/pato...but boriello seems to be a outright striker n inzaghi wont be playin so many games due to injury/fatigue..i want inzaghi/boriello to share the role at centre fwd n pato be the super sub...wouldnt be unhappy wit either guy out their tho...so do u think gattuso/oddo should stay on or flamini n zambrotta will start..id have zambrotta ova oddo but gattuso ova flamini

18. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bad analogy. But I think Gattuso will be given the right to lose his job to Flamini. If Flamini plays better than Gattuso he will eventually be the starter. Zambrotta is clearly better than Oddo so there is no arguement who will start there. As for Borriello versus Pippo/Pato it's not just that they have been doing the business for Milan it's also that they are better players than Borriello. Why would an inferior player start over two better players? I don't think you are giving Pato enough credit. What he did in three months for Milan was more impressive, imo, than what Borriello did for Genoa last year. He is simply in another class than Borriello. Beyond that, Pato will work much better with Ronaldinho and Kaká than Borriello ever could.

19. Borriello

Borriello New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Jamaica
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm not sure why you're so outright anti-Borriello when you've never even seen a Genoa game from last year. Comparing Pato to Borriello is just stupid considering they are completely different players, it's like comparing Giovinco with Trezeguet.

Now I'm not sure what you mean by Inzaghi being a better player than Borriello.. Technically and physically, Borriello is in another world. Inzaghi is a completely different striker, he's opportunistic, and has an unbelievable sense of positioning. Borriello is a completele attacker. If you actually saw him playing at Genoa last year, you wouldn't be saying any of those things.

And how do you know if Borriello won't work as good with Ronaldinho and Kaka?? If anything, he should score 20+ since he'll have three unbelievable playmakers that they lacked a Genoa....

Spare us with your ignorance.

20. Luca03

Luca03 Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Talk about being an ass.

Regarding Borriello, I was actually looking forward to seeing him. Sucks his injury had to mess things up. With the creativity of the team, I can see him doing well. Let's hope for the best with the whole team

21. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is about the 10th time I've heard you say this regarding Borriello. I saw Borriello play alot last year for Genoa. End of.

And if you can't compare two strikers then you shouldn't be in this debate. Pato is a striker and Borriello is a stiker. What's not fair about comparing them?
    Inzaghi scores more goals than Borriello. That's all that matters.
    Because Pato is technically better in every aspect. His style fits better with technically gifted players. With Kaká and Ronaldinho Milan won't be playing long balls, won't be crossing much from the flanks. Milan will be footballing their way through goal. Pato does that better than Borriello. Therefore he fits better.
    If this were true Gila would have scored 40 goals a year for Milan. Because if Gila could score 24 goals a year in front of that poor Parma midfield...
    I surely will. God knows there is enough of it floating around these forums already.

22. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    not to get in the middle of this...but were you pleased last year with seriea.tv? I never pulled the trigger cause I could always see the big clubs live for the most part, but with this season being one of the more competitive ones in serie a in a while (the seven sisters are looking good again, plus samp, udine, and an impressive young genoa squad). Plus, I will be working more on weekends this year, so I am thinking about pulling the trigger...
    are they even doing it still this season, even? I hope they are at least.
    TIA

23. Borriello

Borriello New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Jamaica
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Oh god Spartak.

Then I guess you don't understand anything about soccer. If you did in fact see Borriello playing last year, then you'd be raving about him just like I am. And for the record, he scored more goals than anyone in Milan last year. (Since you want to get into statistics).

I love Pato as much as anyone, but how exactly is he a better striker for our system? (where a target man like Borriello would flourish) I'm still convinced that Pato could develop into an amazing winger, or maybe a David Villa with more technique.

What I don't understand is why you are so against a player that has just signed for Milan? Is it because you hold some strange personal grudge against me, and being that my name is Borriello, you've grown a distaste for the player as well? If anything you should be wishing him luck on the forum, just like with any other player. But there's no need to get into the comparing game because Pato and Borriello excel at different things on the pitch, and could end up complementing eachother nicely one day.. Imagine a stronger version of the Robbie Keane-Berbatov partnership..

Either way, I'm not sure what you are out to prove with your posts... But this is at least the fifth time that you've went on a ranting spree against Borriello. Maybe he had sex with your wife? No idea.

24. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SerieA.tv bought the rights for the 2007/08 and 2008/09 seasons. So their coverge should be the same as last year. I haven't heard anything regarding Napoli home matches so we still might not be able to see them.

As for the coverage, I was happy with it. There were a few glitches here and there but none that made me regret signing up for the season pass. The best feature I feel is on demand matches. After an hour or two after the match concludes you can watch any match you want on delay. Which is great for me since I rarely get up at 9:00am anymore to watch the matches live. I usually would watch big matches not covered by FSC on SerieA.tv and the rest I'd watch in the condensed match format. I'd recommend anyone interested to sign up.

25. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't be saying one word about Borriello if it wasn't for certain people overhyping him in this forum. I think Borriello is a good player to have in our msquad rotation. But I don't feel he is good enough to be our starting center forward for the next 5-6 years.

As for statistics, both Pato and Inzaghi have better goal per minute ratio than Borriello did last year. And neither took any penalties.

We don't a target man. Gila was a target man he never fit in with Milan's style of play. And Pato will not be a winger. He is a striker. Just because a player can beat players one on one it doesn't mean he should be a winger. By your logic Ronaldo(the real one) would have been turned into a winger when he was 18 years old. Pato is a striker. You will see him play as a lone striker just in front of Ronaldinho at the Olympics. And that's where he will play for Milan.

I'm not against Borriello. I'm just against posters like you who think he is better than he actually is. I would love to be wrong and see Borriello turn into a world class striker. But I'm not gonna like my hopes cloud my real opinions.
    You would know wouldn't you? Aren't you his cousin? brother?