RC LENS Thread........

Discussion in 'France: Clubs' started by HADJI, Jan 21, 2007.

1. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    donetkz 1-1 nancy... rather good!

good on the ch'ti for crushing pana!

2. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  3. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Anywhere to watch the Lens v. Monaco game tommorow from the United States? I see that Setanta is not carrying the game and actually repeating the St. Etienne v Rennes game from saturday for some strange reason.

4. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Lens and Monaco end in a draw 0-0. Great game for Itandje.

5. Douai

Douai New Member

Jun 16, 2006
    États-Unis
    "Le RC Lens a un vrai esprit"
    "Les "Sang et Or" lensois occupent les premiers postes du Championnat de Ligue 1, sont toujours en course en Coupe de France et en Coupe de l'UEFA. Raymond Domenech évoque avec enthousiasme ce club, ses fervents supporters et Gervais Martel, son président."
    Source: http://www.fff.fr/bleus/videos/360856.shtml

6. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    LENS ADVANCES!!!!!!! 0-0 against Panathinaikos. Lens advances on aggregate 3-1 from first match.

7. Lensois

Lensois Member

May 19, 2004
    Solid, professional display yesterday. Lens never looked bothered and could have scored a goal or two themselves, particularly at the end of the first half. Leverkusen is a tough draw but the group has a good mentality and are maturing. Anyone thinking Lens still has a ways to go is way off.

8. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Lens draws 2-2 with Nancy today at the Bollaert. Very disapointing for me. Lens had the game won 2-1 and in the 90th minute Youssef Hadji headed home an equalizer. Let's hope this doesn't bring the team down.

9. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  10. Lensois

Lensois Member

May 19, 2004
    Hadji, have you signed up for RCL TV? The video quality is quite good, though I don't believe all matches will be live. There is an on demand match replays which is nice since you can watch the match at your own convenience.

Do you know any other Lensois in the US? I live about 45 minutes from a friend who is from Lens and has a sister in the marketing department of the club and a brother-in-law in security. We've always joked that the RCL USA Supporter's Club consistented of just the two of us but apparently we were wrong! I wonder how many others there are out there.

11. parkben1

parkben1 Member

Feb 18, 2006
    brooklyn
    I'm a Benfica fan, but I love watching Lens. They are my favorite French club and I would love to see them play the next time I go to France.

12. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    You're lucky Lens has got a very strong team those 2 or 3 last years ;) Demont, Hilton, Bisevac, Itandje, Keita, Kovacevic, Carrière, Aruna, Jemaâ, Monterrubio !

13. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Lensois,

Thank you as always for the great info. I had seen the RCL TV on the Lens website but it always says under phase of test. I will see if I can now subscribe. I really don't know of any other Lens supporters in the US personally, but I have gotten some comments on my blog so I think at least some people are starting to discover the blood and gold here.

14. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Lens is out of the French Cup. We lost today 1-0 to amateur side Montceau. I don't know if this is good or bad? On the one hand it let's the club rest a little more and concentrate on Le Championnat, on the other hand it may hurt the confidence of the team. We shall see.

15. Douai

Douai New Member

Jun 16, 2006
    États-Unis
    Is it true that Lens seemed uninterested during that match?

16. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Lens played one of its worst matches this season. By far.

17. parkben1

parkben1 Member

Feb 18, 2006
    brooklyn
    The best thing for Lens is to concentrate on finishing 2nd and getting an automatic birth to the Champions League. It's nice to win the Cup, but they are also invole in the UEFA Cup. Benfica lost to 2nd division Varzim, but I got over it real quick.

18. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    not that big a loss, but then again the cinderalla story element made me sympathize with Montceau. In any case, Lens in 2nd and in champions league will be a great advertisement for french football - supporters, style, etc.

19. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  20. Lensois

Lensois Member

May 19, 2004
    Re: Lens Blasts Sepp Blatter.........

Oh dear. Does Blatter every say anything intelligent or based in fact?

21. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Unfortunately no.

22. Lensois

Lensois Member

May 19, 2004

Wonder what the Man U fans will say? "Sepp Blatter said it so it must be true!"

23. parkben1

parkben1 Member

Feb 18, 2006
    brooklyn

Blatter is destroying football and especially the World Cup. The man is trying so hard to sell the game to other countires that he will only allow the World Cup to be played in Europe every 20 years...As far with the Lille and ManU issue I don't blame Lens or it's stadium for any of the problems. If Feynoord are punish for the incidents in Nancy then Manchester United should be held liable for the forged tickets...

24. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN

I think the majority view was that at long last Blatter finally gets something right.

25. Lensois

Lensois Member

May 19, 2004

I've said it before and I'll keep repeating it; the view makes absolutely no sense based on events that have been held in the stadium before and the fact that there have been no similar incidents before. "It's all the grounds fault" is a simplistic view of the situation in light of those facts but, hey, whatever makes you feel better. Lille fans can take their consolation from the fact that Giggs' goal in their view should not have been allowed, you can take your solace from our alleged shit stadium. As someone from your board told me, you're not going to get much sympathy here.