RBNY...numbers don't lie

Discussion in 'F.C. New York' started by msilverstein47, May 16, 2009.

1. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    That's nice, Michael lewis things new yorkers are a bunch of fair weather fans.

His thesis is just wrong, dumb even. If it's about the results this year, why did RBNY have the lowest opening day attendance ever?

Under the old management, the metrostars failed to connect with the huge soccer market in the metro area. Under the Red Bull, not only have they similarly failed, but they have been responsible for losing established fans.

Pathetic.

2. austinwetherby

austinwetherby New Member

Dec 22, 2007
    New York City
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    remember that its to hard for new yorkers to get to the games, so next year you will actually see how well this team is supported, i dont go because its a bitch, u wouldnt undterstand if u dont live in nyc

3. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    But that doesn't explain the decline in attendance, does it?

4. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The state of affairs in New Jersey economy probably has more to do with the decline in attendance than anything else. RBNY has a very large and representative NJ fan base. This doesn't mean that people from NYC just not in the numbers that NJ fans do.

This also highlights how wrong MLS' marketing strategy is and was with regards to the soccer fan in this country. Now they are finding out that Soccer Moms and the local Youth team are not very faithful and long standing customers.

Hopefully, RB has finally gotten the message this year with the reduced crowds and the poor showing and they can turn it around for next year.

5. Wile Coyote

Wile Coyote Red Card

Sep 21, 2000
    Punta del Este, Uru.
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    ALSO THEIR WORTHLESS STUPID NAME DOES NOT HELP THEIR CAUSE...

F em hope they run them selfs into the ground past that and straight to hell...

No way this area should have a GOD DAMN energy drink pass as their GOD DAMN CLUB!!!

6. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You forget something, RB IS NOT A CLUB! Nacional is a club, River is a club, Banfield is a club, hell Deportivo Lujan, my moms home team is a CLUB but RB or any team for that matter in MLS, IS NOT A CLUB!!!!

7. austinwetherby

austinwetherby New Member

Dec 22, 2007
    New York City
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

cosomos i was waiting to here what it is then, lol u had me in suspense but never said it