RBNY building their own training Facility in Hanover, NJ

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by GIO17, Aug 7, 2007.

1. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
  2. Soccerdude redded

Oct 14, 1999
    NY
    May be next year they can play at the training grounds,it should have a seating for 500 fans.

3. Juan Luis Guerra

Juan Luis Guerra Red Card

Jun 11, 2001
    New York City
    I guess this is part of the major stadium announment, but thanks to Metro, the other thread was closed. Anyway, congratulation for the new facility. I hope the allow us to attend to practice.

4. Oatmeal

Oatmeal Member

Dec 2, 2006
    Wait so what does it have to do with the stadium? Were they planning on releasing all these announcments in coorelation in like a weeks span? Meaning this, the stadium buyout etc.?

5. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Right now it doesn't have anything to do with the Stadium. All it means is that next season is the last season that RBNY will be training at Montclair State. These new facilities will help RBNY train for all MLS matches, US Open Cup & hopefully Superliga.

6. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's the first step towards establishing a permanent presence here in NJ, and also a first step towards making themselves more visible to the community as a club. Also a permanent training facility will help to bring more stability to the club-- no more wandering and no more training at a college facility.

7. NYFC

NYFC Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Brooklyn
    There's a nice new video up of the training grounds on the website. It looks pretty state of the art.

8. tommymcb

tommymcb Member

Feb 14, 2007
    CT
    This is an obvious sign that they have become disillusioned with the whole "owning a soccer team" thing.

Sure sign that they are looking to cut their losses and run.

So its true!!!!! they gave up on the New York market and are moving the team to Puerto Rico!!!!!

Sorry. For some reason I felt the need to beat all the other dumba$$es to the punch on this.

9. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Just saw it myself. It looks great and I can't wait for that to start getting built and ready for the 2009 season.

10. fckalihi

fckalihi New Member

Feb 27, 2003
    kalihi
    How far is the to-be-built training facility to the to-be-built stadium?

11. Mr Fish

Mr Fish Member

Feb 2, 1999
    W. Orange <-> NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    About 17 miles...

[​IMG]

12. viper

viper New Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Paramus, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    why so far though

14. bukie2k

bukie2k Member

Mar 28, 2002
    New Jersey
    dailyrecord.com:

"Plans presented by the Major League Soccer club call for a 23-acre facility on a site south of Melanie Lane. The club is leasing the site from Hartz Mountain Industries of Secaucus."

Aren't there wetlands on the south side of Melanie Lane? Or am I thinking of a different part of Hanover?

15. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    HAHA training center in year 3017 with RBP comming in year 4045

16. MasterShake

MasterShake New Member

Oct 8, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY Ukraine
    by building the training center they really mean.. pushing some dirt around

17. NYFC

NYFC Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Brooklyn
    So what the hell is goin on with this bad boy? :confused: They were supposed to begin construction this fall. It's mid-December. Any news?? Would it kill them to give updates on this kind of thing? I'd like to see a website for the training facility so we can follow the construction of that as well. Nothing? This thing is supposed to be completed by next December.

18. Beerman

Beerman Member

Feb 16, 2001
    Denville NJ
    I was at the site a little over a week ago and the only cranes I saw had feathers.

19. MetroStone

MetroStone New Member

Dec 11, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You've got the right location. Apparently the facility is designed around the wetlands. With all the necessary protection that will be required during construction, my guess is that it will slow down the process.

20. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think at this point anything slows down the process.

21. NYFC

NYFC Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Brooklyn
  22. raymondleone

raymondleone Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.bigapplesoccer.com/teams/redbulls2.php?article_id=33977

“We have the stadium which is beautiful and then you have this facility,” Luyindula said. “I was talking to the coach yesterday and telling him that even at PSG we don’t have this.”

http://www.newyorkredbulls.com/news...ff-new-training-facility-it-doesnt-get-better

“It doesn’t get better than this,” midfielder Dax McCarty told MLSsoccer.com after Wednesday’s session. “As far as I’m concerned, it’s right on par with the Arsenals of the world because we trained at Arsenal and it’s certainly similar to something like that. The fields are amazing, they’re top notch as you can see, it’s like carpet.

photos
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151453773870264.1073741846.47526370263&type=3

Can't say Red Bull hasn't provided these guys with everything now.

24. defendyourself

Jul 13, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that quote says it all, i'm tired of people who bash the organization who pumps resources like crazy