RB Leipzig vs Spurs, CL, Tues. March 10th, 4 pm ET

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Golara, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Good run and ball for Dele, nearly picks out Lamela in the box, nice to see us trying to play for once.

2. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Leipzig break from a throw from their own half, Dier's lack of pace was nearly costly as Aurier blocks Angelino's shot.

3. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    1-0, Sabitzer, 10 mins, another Lloris howler.

4. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Sabitzer hooks in a shot from about 22 yards that Lloris has to save but his hand is not strong enough. Nobody tracking back in our midfield.

5. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Put goalkeeper on our summer shopping list, Lloris just makes too many errors nowadays.

6. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    As I predicted, we will need at least 2 goals to go through, we cannot keep a clean sheet.

7. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    It's not taken Leipzig too long to figure out our formation, they are dumping balls into the space behind the wing-backs and taking advantage of the lack of pace of Dier and the lack of tracking back by Aurier and Sessegnon.

8. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Again, the defence keeps hoofing high balls up to Lucas, why?

9. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Dier and Tanganga fall asleep and leave the ball for Werner but Dier clears at the last second.

10. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Good low ball in from Aurier wins Spurs a corner.

11. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Werner scores but the flag is up and the replay supports the linesman.

12. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Mourinho already has his customary scowl. Must be thinking of what excuse he will use post match.

13. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    2-0, Sabitzer, 21 mins.

14. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Comic defending and goalkeeping again, Aurier with a dreadful header into the path of Angelino who crosses to an unmarked Sabitzer whose header beats a hapless Lloris at the near post. Will we win another game this season?

15. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    I can't watch any more of this.

16. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    I’d be upset except this isn’t exactly a surprise. They played us off the pitch at home.

With any luck a poor run to the end of the season will have the silver lining of Mourinho getting sacked.

17. Jonathan Pimentel

Aug 29, 2013
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    I guess my optimism didnt serve the Spurs well.. what in the ********.. they actually started off well.. but man, that first goal went in.. air sucked right out of this team..

18. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    We have a chance to break, but Lamela dwells on the ball and gets closed down, Leipzig race down the other ed and win a corner. This could be get very ugly.

19. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    That's our only hope really.

20. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Winks is shrugged aside like a pesky mosquito and Leipzig break 3 on 2, Werner forces a save from Lloris. Put defensive midfielder on the summer shopping list as well. I think Daniel Levy has blocked Mourinho's number on his cell phone.

21. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Lo Celso has barely touched the ball.

22. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Best chance so far for Spurs, Lo Celso tries to curl one into the far corner but the keeper saves.

23. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    I do not understand Mourinho's tactics. We are basically playing with no holding mid, Leipzig are just bypassing Winks as though he were a training cone.

24. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Winks gets a deserved booking, he was overrun by Laimer and Winks had to pull him down.

25. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007