RB corporate is taking the piss out of what few supporters the Deadbulls still have

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Toad_of_Toad_Hall, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Toad_of_Toad_Hall

Toad_of_Toad_Hall New Member

Apr 17, 2006
    A state of confusion
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As our British friends would put it: taking the piss.

I can imagine the conversation around the conference table in Salzburg, last week. Or even here, at some earlier time:

"Job one is getting the stadium up and running. In fact, that's the only job and it's everyone's responsibility. We'll have the best stadium in the league, with easy access for X million people in the metro area of the country's top market."
    "We can fill the new stadium every week even if not a single person now coming to Giants Stadium follows RB to the new facility."
    "The team is off to a poor start this year; but that doesn't really matter because we'll be repackaging and remarketing everything for the new season in the new stadium. We'll have Angel and a couple of others from this year's team, plus a lot of new faces. Oh, we'll have a new coach too. No point in canning Osorio now and making things harder for him to get a new spot somewhere. We'll just have him go 'by mutual consent' ;) at the end of the season."
    (Chances are they have plans for Agoos, involving the door, as well; but they wouldn't go into that with him in the room.)

And so on and so forth ...

New kit, new everything next year, I suspect. Convince JPA to play another year with his aching back by offering him the coach's job (or whatever else he'd like) the following season. Bring in the second DP, plus an "almost DP" (or two) like they were quoting Osorio about during the game last night. Keep a few others (Mac? Bouna? insert name here?), can the rest and bring in a new crowd to fill out the roster.

Sounds like fun ... not :mad:

2. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i am just numb to the whole thing, to the point where i start not to care what happens next.........it is a sad day to be a Reb Bull fan

3. Doctor Worm

Doctor Worm Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, if those discussions are occurring as you surmise (with the possible exception of the boldface statement), I would be very happy.