Rayo Vallecano vs Real Madrid| LIGA BBVA Matchday 35|23.04.2016 | 16:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Tobias19, Apr 22, 2016.

1. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Can't even say I'm surprised, this team has struggled with injury at key moments all year.... The squad today showed we have the depth to take of business and frankly there was some very attractive futball on display as well. For some of the players like Lucas and Isco the responsibility might help them grow.

MerlinRM repped this.
  2. Phoenix Rising

Phoenix Rising Member+

Jan 4, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    You're crazy... Mayoral isn't ready. But anyway, we don't have a choice and TBH, I'd prefer to see Mayoral on the pitch than Jese.

3. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    Bale earned his paycheck today! Superstar performance.

Tobias19, raven3k, HZinho and 1 other person repped this.
  4. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Where are the Bale haters? Where the hell are you now? Mow your damn lawn and sit the hell down.

Tobias19, raven3k, Anon. and 1 other person repped this.
  5. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I'm going to put this out there, IMO the score line doesn't flatter us at all. We literally had the opportunity to be up another 2 or 3 goals but finishing just wasn't there. This team definitely has another gear.

raven3k, Zidane05 and HZinho repped this.
  6. Glide84

Glide84 Member+

Jan 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And expected quite frankly. Great confidence boost.

Wild game, if we manage to pull the league off it's games like these that show the champion spirit needed. Also felt our interplay was good, some slick passing at times with intent, just didn't connect on a few.

temesgen repped this.
  7. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Missed the second half. Hail to the Bale

8. class one

class one New Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm glad to see benzema out, he rarely plays well these days
    the defense was horrible today, marcelo and danilo always failed to stop the attacks
    Lucas and Isco were excellent today , I hope to see them playing next match

9. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, won't happen of course, except if Benzema is injured. We'll play with Ronaldo and Casemiro, and rightfully so. City is a team you'd want to go in with full-force. Ronaldo and Casemiro are in red hot form.

Isco and Lucas from the bench is a luxury!

class one repped this.
  10. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What I liked:
    -Bale: He stepped up since the first minute and looked like the star of the team and the one who wanted to win the most.
    -Vasquez: He continues to impress whenever he is called.
    -The comeback: that was a mini-wolfsburg. We started well, hit the post, Danilo maintains his impressive consistency of being shit which leads to 0-1 down, then 0-2 down. We had similar games where even if we were the better team, once we concede we just lose the plot. If we win more of these games we won't be looking sadly to our 7 years 1 league record.

What I didn't like:
    -Jese. He had Ronaldo's attitude while not achieving 10% of Ronaldo's achievment. Not pressing, not asking for the ball, complaining when HE misplaced the pass to Isco I think in 2nd half. I'm really disappointed by him. I would've forgave him for his 1-on-1 in the 2nd half in other matches where he actually gave a ****, not this one.

-Marcelo: He was doing fancy stuff, backheeling, dribbling through 3 players, trying long passes with his right foot like we were winning a game in CdR.

-Navas' ball distribution: I love Keylor but this is really one area where he isn't better than Iker. At one point I think he played more passes to the touchline than his teammates. :D

-Zizou's subs: James should've came earlier in Isco's place. When both Benzema and Jese are out Isco (at least in his current form) isn't the guy you'll keep high up the pitch. He is very wasteful and he isn't one who will make the runs behind Rayo's high defense. Kova could very well play that role and with James at the centre I'm sure he will have a couple of key passes.

Tobias19, sleepyvato50 and J-Mezzy repped this.
  11. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Latest update is that problem with Benzema is not serious and he should be ok for City.

raven3k, MerlinRM, Tobias19 and 7 others repped this.
  12. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Much needed news. We simply can't replace this guy.

Shay Z and RealMadridista repped this.
  13. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bale ballin'. Lucas with a sick header too. Helluva comeback. Good for the spirit. Now let's take down City.

14. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Apologies to @robnycus

I don't agree how you think at all, especially regarding Danilo; but I did take it too far in my anger about how we were playing in the first half.

Shay Z, MerlinRM, robnycus and 8 others repped this.
  15. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004

I need to watch the first half, my wife let me sleep in after a long week. But from the 50th minute on we looked very good in spots and unfortunate not to convert more chances. I really liked some of the interplay and passing, more a range and variety today.

16. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In the 15 mins he got James touched the ball once..(i will sound like i hate the guy,but this is truth)
    AND NO isco did nore than good.on a second note something is wrong with James.he looks depressed. And played like that..i cant not say this just cos i like the guy..i have to say it .he is not involved nor lookes like he wants to get involve in the game.

Something is wrong behind closed doors.

17. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    James is childish, shuts down if he is not starting or so it seems.

But starting, he's been in better form than Isco. I really don't know why Zizou is not even rotating him

Club over player, but I think that's pretty messed up if you put yourself in James' shoes. Last 3 games he started, he's scored or assisted and been one of the highest rated players on the team. Okay, he's not a starter due to system. Zidane rotates so okay, Isco deserves some burn too. He's a stud. But 2 games in a row he sits there and in games where Bale, Ronaldo, Modric, Casemiro have sat out, he still gets no play. That's gotta burn.

I know you guys will just call me a stupid fanboy, but think from his perspective. Zidane goes super rotation mode, and the guy still gets no play.

18. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bale MoTM, stepped up big time and was clutch. This will do his confidence wonders, don't forget that he should be well up for City on Tuesday given that it's a PL opponent, expecting him to hit them hard!

Danilo and Isco were disappointing and based on the latter's form, both James AND Kova deserve to be ahead of him in CM. I fear that Zidane's sentiment for Isco is getting in the way...

raven3k and J-Mezzy repped this.
  19. Phoenix Rising

Phoenix Rising Member+

Jan 4, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Just no. James is not a CM and using him there is not something we should consider unless we've run out of options. He's too soft and if you combine that with Marcelo's lack-of-brain defending at LB, it's a recipe for disaster.

20. ChocolateCandy

ChocolateCandy Member+

Real Madrid
    Jul 23, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Today was all on Bale and Keylor. That was one of Gareth's finest performances for the club so far.

But good lord... Danilo and Jese need to go. They're just wasting to two first team spots.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  21. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Actually, correction, I agree that James can't play as a CM, but if we have a DM, he's fine there. Kova on the other hand, impressed me today.
    Maybe it's just me, the same way others expect Bale and James to deliver world class performances, I expect that from Isco now.

22. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Vasquez is becoming the new Solari. He does magic whenever he is in the game.

What did Perez do to Solari after he was in fine form as a bench player? He was sold. I do not know if Perez sees the same thing we saw.

23. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    VASQUEZ?

24. specialhazarrd

Jul 18, 2015
    They will sit the hell down when he gives this kind of performance against actually mighty sides like Barcelona or atletico in Ronaldo abscence and wins points for his side in matches that indeed have some importance, to justify his 100 mil price tag.

Kroosinator repped this.
  25. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Imo Isco had a decent game, some of his passes were sublime, he also defended which is probably why in addition to the physical play was why James didn't come on sooner. Again my opinion but for me James doesn't seem to cope with physical play as well as he should - just being honest here....

Jese was disappointing but I'm ok with it, he's generally been decent with the minutes he gotten in the sense that he's had a decent number of assist and goals for the time and he puts in a solid shift defensively.

Kovacic needs minutes, his biggest issue is just decision making. He has enough technical ability and physical gifts, just needs to know what to do and when.

Probably the most glaring take away from the this game for me is we don't have someone who can what Modric does, the midfield needs to be shuffled a bit this summer cause the team is too reliant on Modric and he isn't getting any younger.