RAYO VALLECANO vs REAL MADRID I La Liga Jornada 35 I 28.04.19 I 20:45 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Apparently for a 'mini vacation' lol. Like he hasn't been off whole year lol.

I cant stand his face nor his name anymore.

2. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    #227 robnycus, Apr 29, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    They haven’t in my opinion - not in the last two seasons.
    Isco also had a poor season last year. He has declined and Asensio was overhyped (best left foot in the world besides messi.. whaaat? ) ..
    James is a more refined player with much better vision.. at 22 he Golden Boot at the WC meanwhile Asensio is scoring 1 goal in 1700 la liga minutes at the same age.

Deep Pal and Prit Javier repped this.
  3. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Rayo Vallecano coach Paco Jemez: "I always dreamed it, saying: 'I'm not going to beat Madrid in my life.' I can die peacefully, we've played even beyond our means. The pressure was knowing we had to win, because we are not used to beating Madrid, so we are very happy."

Deep Pal repped this.
  4. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Both Isco and Asensio were instrumental in us winning the double in Zidane’s second season and Isco played a big part in the CL run last year. They’re bad this season but that’s mostly been under different coaches not zidane.

I don’t care about what James did at 22 at the WC, he’s not been great for Real Madrid barring his first season. There are many factors that contributed to this but that’s neither here or there.

5. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    #230 robnycus, Apr 29, 2019
    The whole team contributed to the CL but in La liga and CDR the team became worse.
    I bring it up because supposedly the idea was that if you gave Asensio mins he would become like James first season or better and that backfired.
    If he is sold that decision was a total disaster because he is also part of the reason we did not get a proper replacement for Cristiano

Some here used to brag about how we had the best young talent in the world when the reality was the top ceiling of these guys was similar to players like Pedro

Deep Pal, white_raid and BjornH repped this.
  6. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    In Zidane’s first two seasons the team was equally good in the CL and La Liga, only reason we didn’t do the double in both is because Rafa was managing the team for the majority of the first half of the first season.
    That we didn’t get a proper replacement for CR is on Perez not Zidane, in fact CR would have still been here if Zizou had his way and Asensio would have continued to thrive in his sub role.

I don’t know who it is that bragged that Asensio was the best young talent so I won’t comment on that.

Fact remains they were both very good under Zizou, can’t rewrite history my friend.

7. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    My fist post this morning I started by saying that some decisions have been Zidane's fault, others Flo.
    When it comes to the departure of players like Morata and James, that's on Zidane.. Over-hyping Asensio also Zidane + Spanish press.

Bale is all Flo. I don't care about Cristiano being here or not.. what needed to happen was to bring another top talented forward and not rely on Bale and Asensio.

Bale was also good.. he saved our bacon on the last CL final. One thing is being good sporadically and a very different one is to be good consistently at a level that is required by this club, which is what is required for La Liga.
    .. none of Asensio, Bale or Isco have been.

Deep Pal and natenate101 repped this.
  8. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    People can blame Zidane for Morata and James, but neither player has had much success outside of the club. Very true for Morata, and while James has done well at times and for stretches at Bayern, he is in the exact same situation he was at 2 years ago when he left the club. The problem with the James departure was the deal we did with Bayern was an abomination for a player of his quality, and that's not on Zidane.

Akramzizou, Stiliyan, Deep Pal and 3 others repped this.
  9. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Well.. James is a player that needs to feel wanted and important.. Jupp was able to do that.. it is proven that if he is given consistency he will score and assist more than Isco and Asensio, who has been pampered this season and only has scored 1 goal, which is an embarrassing stat.
    Morata seems to be doing well to me at Atletico.. He is not a top level striker but a very good backup.. better than Asensio & Lucas for sure.

Deep Pal repped this.
  10. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Zidane asked Morata to stay but Alvaro wanted more minutes but the coach couldn’t guarantee it, he’s done nothing wrong in this instance, as for James he simply didn’t count on him and had Flo listened to him and gotten the reinforcements he wanted those guys’ absence wouldn’t have been felt at all.

It was never Zidane’s plan to simply rely on Asensio, not sure where you’re getting that from, he wanted CR to stay at all cost.

Yes Bale was also very good for us st certain point, bringing that up does not counter my initial point however.

11. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    It’s incredible the length you’d go to make excuses for the players you like, when it’s Isco coming in after being benched for 4 games straight by Solari and he doesn’t perform it’s “ see he sucks that’s why Solari doesn’t play him” lol so I guess needing to feel important matters not in his case ?

12. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    It was Zidane's plans to give Asensio and Lucas more minutes than James .. That was a mistake in my opinion. If you disagree we can agree to disagree.

It does..because you are saying they were good under Zidane and Bale was good as well.. sporadically... We will be doing a clean up because of this. putting faith on players that were not that good.

13. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    I don’t disagree that James is a better player than Asensio and certainly Lucas my point was if Zidane didn’t want him and asked for a replacement then that replacement should have been brought in.
    Saying that Zidane’s plan was to have Asensio take over the starting role last year is just fiction, even with James gone Marco was still just a sub.

Actually no it doesn’t because Zidane wanted to refresh the squad last summer and most of us agreed that it should have happened, even back then. These players doing well in the past and us needing to bring in new blood isn’t mutually exclusive.

14. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    #239 robnycus, Apr 29, 2019
    He was overweight.. why are we gonna lie to ourselves ?

I am not making any excuses for James.. All I said is that he would play better and produce more if he has the full backing of the manager.. That is not an excuse. As a professional he is expected to deliver whenever they give him minutes..

Regardless despite him not being the favorite by Zidane and behind Asensio & Isco he still produced more than them in the 16/17 season with less minutes played.

If the other two did more in CL than James that is because they played and James did not..but that does not mean that he would not have delivered when given the chance there like in La Liga.

Deep Pal repped this.
  15. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I think you are the only one who believes that the club did not consider Asensio to become the future star here and that includes Zidane and that they were only thinking of him as a sub..
    The guy was overhyped and compared to Mbappe.. Marca had an article comparing them.

Deep Pal repped this.
  16. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    And I am not really sure that Zidane wanted to refresh that many players last summer as he's gonna have to do now. He probably wanted Hazard or Mane for Bale for sure..

I believe that his decision to leave was around a disagreement with Flo over Bale but not him wanting to get rid of many players.

Deep Pal repped this.
  17. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    #242 Drouchk, Apr 29, 2019
    It is an excuse considering you don’t extend the same understanding to players you dhave an agenda against.

I had this argument with someone else before regarding I’m going to tell you what I told them, most of James’s goal in that season came in games we were already winning 3 to 4 goals, aka games we were dominating, when the going got tough he disappeared faster than you could say his name, you could count on one of hand the amount of time he actually bailed us out under Zizou.

Neither the Club or Marca = Zizou, Its possible that Zidane saw him as a potential star here but it wasn’t anytime soon, I don’t want to speculate too much though because I can’t read Zidane’s mind.

I cannot motivate these players ( these, as in many of them )anymore were his exact words in his farewell press conference, how you come to the conclusion you made above from that is mind boggling.

Deep Pal repped this.
  18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I wonder who's mullet every player is going to hide behind once the big bad wolf is gone in Bale.

19. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    You mean like his tying goal in el clasico coming off the bench right?
    Those were probably the most important minutes Zidane gave him.. and he delivered there.
    ...He was rarely used in those important moments so what do you expect? Lucas & Asensio were the first subs for ZZ.

20. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    why not?
    At 22, 23.. the forwards are having some of their best years.. Look at Sterling as an example.

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Asensio didn't work hard enough. That's all there is to it really. Not only him, but yeah.

There's a group on our team that barely look like athletes. Asensio lost speed, competitive edge. Everything.

PigBenis, Anon., Akramzizou and 4 others repped this.
  22. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Well I didn’t he never showed up in a big game did I? I said you could count them on one hand.
    Let’s not pretend that he wasn’t struggling under Ancelotti as well in the second half of his first season here, and you can’t teally use the excuse of not enough playing time in that instance.

Because if Zidane had his way CR would have still been here, Mane/Hazard would have as well plus Benzema would have remained a starter. Who do you think he would have started over on that list under Zidane?

23. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Zidane did not leave because CR7 was not retained .. it was because of Bale.
    So Hazard, Bezema and Isco/Asensio would have been the starters in that scenario.

24. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Agreed

Yea but if Zidane had his way not only would Bale have been sold but CR would have stayed put as well.

25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Imagine Zidane having an ego fragile enough to leave because of a player. Honestly, he could have permabenched the player like James if he didn't want him around. I don't get how a player is that much of a bother. He gave Ceballos 300 minutes, who bothered him there?