Rayo OKC News Thread

Discussion in 'Rayo OKC' started by ManuSooner, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDogindy

JDogindy Member

Nov 20, 2014
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the Western States Hockey League, a developmental league that has 30 teams around the western part of the United States. That being said, there is some consideration to bring the Blazers back to the ECHL, which is still in the embryonic phase. Though, Portland (ME), Jacksonville, and Reno may beat them to the punch.

Anyway, good that they solved it in time to play, but it doesn't solve the team's financial problems.

2. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, I wanted to post this here, because its too hard to post this on Twitter in 140, or, characters;
    During the Rayo v Ft. Lauderdale game last night there was an altercation between a member of the supporter's group and the Yukon PD.
    Frank Espinosa is the leader of the drum group that is predominately Hispanic. Frank is originally from Chile, and during the National Anthem he was sitting down.
    About the time the game started Frank got a text form two of his friends that had JUST gotten to the game. Frank had their tickets, so he left the supporter's area to go meet them and give them the tickets.
    SOMEWHERE between the field gate and the S.E enrance he was confronted by a member of the Yukon PD (Officer Franklin, he said)
    This is reportedly what was said:
    UNIFORMED OFFICER: "Hey, are you the leader of that drum group?"
    FRANK: "Yeah, I'm one of them. Why"
    UO: Why don't you stand for the National Anthem?
    (I don't know what Frank said, in response to the officer's question, but this was the response'
    UO" :You're a piece of crap!" (That is a direct quote, apparently...

At this point Frank told the officer that he wasnt going to say anything back, because, "you got that badge. You can say, or do, anything to me!"
    The officer then, reportedly said the following to Frank. "I'll take this off, and we can go outside the stadium, if that's what you want..."
    To this, Frank said, "ALRIGHT!"
    But as soon as Frank was outside the gate the officer stopped, and told him he was, "Out, and dont come back!"
    Frank walked back towards the officer to ask him "For what?!"
    Frank says the officer then grabbed him by the neck with one had, and pointed his Taser at Frank's ribs with the other hand, and said, "DONT COME BACK!"

Now...I dont think Frank would be upset at me saying that he is a little bit of a hot head. So, if this was the only thing that had EVER happened I dont even know if I'd be typing this, to be honest.
    But it's not.
    This same officer has been very verbal, and (IMHO) abusive to the mostly hispanic drummers that are part of our supporter's group. I have seen him on multiple occasions RUN over and point his finger at people and TELL them (not ask them) to "TAKE YOUR HAT OFF!"
    At the game before this one oe of the drummers was noodling quietly on his drum during the national anthem (not good manners, i admit). This officers RAN over to him, pointed his finger into this gentleman's face and yelled at him to "KNOCK IT OFF!"
    And just so I dont paint him to be JUST a racist, jingoistic butthole he did the same thing to MY WIFE at one of the first home games. She stood, but didnt take off her hat. He walked up behind her, swatted her arm and said (NOT ASKED), "Take off your hat."
    Frank is exploring the option of a lawsuit right now. I have reported this to the team AND to one of the owners.
    Just to be clear, I love my country. I ALWAYS stand and remove my hat for the national anthem. I also "Back The Blue". But his guy is out of control, IMHO. Something needa to be done. Nobody is breaking a law by NOT removing their hats, so this guy should shut his F&^(ing mouth! IMHO

brentgoulet repped this.
  3. Darkwing McQuack

Darkwing McQuack BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 11, 2011
    Morrisville, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Overly patriotic types are the worst. I would have told him to kindly ******** off and continued on with my business.

brentgoulet repped this.
  4. Brother Badgerjohn

Oct 16, 2000
    Okie City
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

5. Brother Badgerjohn

Oct 16, 2000
    Okie City
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meant to add: Yukon PD + Canadian Co. Sheriffs = so glad I don't ever go over there.

6. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has this been reported to the police?

7. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I talked to Frank this morning. His lawyer has told him not to file a complaint yet. I've been talking to the reporter for the Daily Oklahoman. Looking forward to seeing how this will play out.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

8. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I spoke with the front office this afternoon. They are taking this very seriously. They have already talked to all the parties, including the officer. They are reviewing the security footage. I'm really impressed with how they have handled this. We'll just have to see what happens

FootySkeptic and brentgoulet repped this.
  9. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    KOCO-TV5 is doing a story about Frank at 10pm

Prosoccercdn repped this.
  10. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    [​IMG]

''Presa, did you smoke Oklahoma weed?''

FootySkeptic repped this.
  11. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bahaha! Silly Spaniards. Weed isn't legal in Oklahoma! :)

brentgoulet repped this.
  12. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
  13. Darkwing McQuack

Nov 11, 2011
    Morrisville, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. NewYorkCosmos

NewYorkCosmos Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    championship is still long, they have all the time to ascend to primera division again

15. Darkwing McQuack

Nov 11, 2011
    Morrisville, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the way they're playing it's very doubtful.

16. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    USRufnex and chungachanga repped this.
  17. chungachanga

chungachanga Member

Dec 12, 2011
    That's a good interview! Some questions were lost in translation but a lot of interesting talk too. Some things I remember from it:
    -- certain that NASL will lose some teams, as a few have already told them about it during the recent meeting
    -- Rayo owner wants to stick around for now, cutting costs but putting money in
    -- doesn't like free tickets, was surprised by it (4k official attendance, but only 1k real / paid)
    -- pissed off about the Strikers situation and them asking for financial help and especially them not being humble about it
    and lots more

brentgoulet repped this.
  18. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

Tulsa Athletic / Sheffield United
    United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    The Lund front office after Rayo V figured out most tickets were being given away in order to abusively pad attendance:

"I'm going... and I'm going to say that you fired me."

Stay classy, Brad.

Prosoccercdn and chungachanga repped this.
  19. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Teams with an 1,209 average charged attendance per game must be a sinkhole for money, if even the Ottawa Fury with a far better attendance is losing 2 million per season ...

USRufnex repped this.
  20. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    The NASL is not really interesting without promotion - relegation :)

USRufnex and chungachanga repped this.
  21. chungachanga

chungachanga Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Oh yeah, "I'm bored when I watch games" or something along those lines :ROFLMAO:

brentgoulet repped this.
  22. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Bring back the shootout, the 35 yard offside line, the cheerleaders, the half time show :laugh:

NewYorkCosmos and ManuSooner repped this.
  23. NewYorkCosmos

NewYorkCosmos Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I agree totally except for 35 yards line

24. NewYorkCosmos

NewYorkCosmos Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Club: