Raymond Domenech

Discussion in 'France' started by Sparta, Oct 28, 2004.

1. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    yes, he did a great job. but you may recall that the french press (and public) simply crucified him during the series of friendlies leading up to WC98! much more severe than any polemic concerning domenech. 40 point headlines after a 0-0 against sweden: "what the hell was that?????". crowds chanting "jacquet resign!!!"

to defend himself, aimé said not a word. but after france 3- brazil 0; he said, "they said we had it all wrong, when we had it all right."

i'm not saying domenech is the same. but neither do i see a crying need to get rid of him.

2. weaponx

weaponx New Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Grenoble
    On ne peut pas remplacer Domenech, comment virer un gars qui nous a qualifié pour la WC 2006? Comment le virer alors que la France est invaincu depuis Juin 2004? 15 matchs sans défaite je crois en comptant les amicaux ...

La France ne joue pas son meilleur football c'est vrai beaucoup disent qu'on est nul, si on est si nul comment ca se fait que personne ne peut nous battre?

3. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    faut dire aussi qu'il était vachement aidé des fois. même boulevard des allongés viera ne sera pas aussi nul qu'il a été depuis qqes matches!

4. Metropolitan

Metropolitan Member+

Paris Saint Germain
    France
    Sep 5, 2005
    Paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Si je me rappelle bien cette défaite de Juin 2004... c'était pas contre la Grèce ? :D

C'est vrai qu'on a pas non plus joué contre les meilleurs équipes du monde depuis mais je dois avouer que tu as raison. L'un des points positifs indéniables des bleus, c'est qu'on a une excellente défense. Le problème reste visiblement le manque de réalisme en attaque.

Du temps de Jacquet, Deschamps avait une très forte influence dans les choix tactiques. Ca n'est pas si con que ça finalement que les joueurs puissent avoir leur mot à dire sur l'organisation de l'équipe (après tout ce sont eux qui jouent). Je ne sais pas trop comment ça se passe avec Domenech de ce côté-là, mais je pense que Zizou à une influence indéniable sur lui malgré tout.

5. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    J'ai quand même beaucoup de mal avec Domenech et je partage l'impression que la France s'est qualifiée malgré lui. Quand je le vois, je sens qu'il prépare déjà le discours de la défaite avec toutes ses formules et ses justifications.

Pour le peu que mon opinion compte, je veux bien qu'il reste mais j'aimerais voir un changement d'attitude chez lui. Le problème est aussi qu'il ne fait pas l'unanimité chez les joueurs...

6. Pierre-Henri

Pierre-Henri New Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Strasbourg, France.
    Post in english, or the Bigsoccer Moderator Action Team will pay you a visit.

[​IMG]

7. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Wow, someone spoilt the party... :D :p

8. midknight

midknight New Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Paris
    Anyone watched 100% foot on M6 last night. Domenech was the special invitee - first public interview (outside of the post match press conference) since the qualification...

9. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Wow, just had a flashback to the 98 student manifestation. God damned CRS.......... There's no need to post such vile material Pierre-Henri. :eek:

10. babaorum

babaorum Member+

Aug 20, 2005
    Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It's not CRS, it's GIGN :D

11. Pierre-Henri

Pierre-Henri New Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Strasbourg, France.
    Yup, CRS are wimps in comparison.

Nota :

CRS (stands for Compagnie Républicaine de Sécurité) : the french police riot squad, close friend of all liberals here.

GIGN (Groupe d'Intervention de la Gendarmerie Nationale) : the military police intervention squad. They are renowned for being among the best in their fields, and are credited for the most successfull counter-terrorist action so far.

http://www.specialoperations.com/Counterterrorism/gign.html

IT was in 1994, and terrorist's plan was to use a jetliner as a missile against civilian targets. It was a rehearsal for 9/11, but i guess people in Pentagon thought "yurk yurk, stoopid effeminate french cissies, what they know about security ?".

OOps, i'm i off-topic again ? Domenech is just a boring topic, anyway.

12. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    since my father-in-law is a retired adjutant-chef de gendarmerie, i'll add a word in passing about the dichotomy in french law enforcement between the defense dept. (gendarmerie, GIGN) and interior dept. police national, CRS).

first, while the CRS is OK for controlling the boulogne boys or nurses' strikes, and the PN for patrolling the projects smoking cigarettes, the GIGN takes on al-qaida and the gendarmerie fights nationalists in corsica and new caledonia.

the old boy says just compare the way a gendarme's and a policeman's shirts are pressed and you understand everything.

13. Pierre-Henri

Pierre-Henri New Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Strasbourg, France.
    Greetings to your father-in-law. Was I was a teacher in Saumur Cavalry School, Gendarmes were always nice guys to talk with (and female officers were among the sexiest babes I've ever met). In comparison, cops are hyped squealers, thinking they are some sort of "starsky", but unable to keep their nerves in difficult situations. A friend of mine is a lawyer, and when things come to dirty stuff, like children abuse, she votes "gendarmerie" at 100%. Coppers aren't simply up to the task.

14. babaorum

babaorum Member+

Aug 20, 2005
    Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It's not fair to compare CRS or generally the police nationale with the best gendarmerie has to offer- ie GIGN (or EPIGN for that matter)... The police nationale has its own CT team -le RAID- which is very similar to GIGN in terms of skills and missions and which fight quite regularly nationalists in Corsica or Basque Country.

15. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  16. Metropolitan

Metropolitan Member+

Paris Saint Germain
    France
    Sep 5, 2005
    Paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It's funny to see how in France liberal is used as a synonimous of conservative.

Liberal simply means that you're against governmental limitations. As such there are social liberals (as it's commonly used in the US) to designate those who support gay marriage or legalization of soft drugs ; and there are economical liberals (as commonly used in Europe) to designate those who support free markets.

The CRS are deeply conservative. I don't see them as neither social liberals nor economical liberals.

17. Metropolitan

Metropolitan Member+

Paris Saint Germain
    France
    Sep 5, 2005
    Paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well, today the Gendarmerie doesn't depend anymore on the Department of Defense (Ministère de la Défense) but they also depend on the Interior department (Ministère de l'Intérieur).

The RAID's former name was GIPN, the GIPN being the exact equivalent of the GIGN. Same task, different corpses they depend on.

GIGN : Groupe d'Intervention de la Gendarmerie Nationale
    GIPN : Groupe d'Intervention de la Police Nationale
    RAID : Recherche Assistance Intervention Dissuasion

18. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Master the American like sarcasm you must... :p ;)

PH did use the term liberal the american way.

In France, most economical liberals are very much conservatives politically, hence the association. The sole proclaimed social/economical liberal is Madelin yet he's definitely a center/right.

19. babaorum

babaorum Member+

Aug 20, 2005
    Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France