Ray Trifari?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by apqjr, Jan 6, 2008.

1. apqjr

apqjr Member

Aug 30, 2003
    PB Gardens, FL
    [​IMG]
    Apologies if this has already been covered somewhere else, but I noticed today it seems Ray Trifari is no longer with the club. He was the Team Administrator and I believe had been with DCU since the beginning. Anyone have any news on this? His page on the Spanish version of the club's website is still up...for the moment:
    http://www.mlsnet.com/players/es/bio.jsp?team=t103&player=trifari_ray

This "change" seems to have resulted in the promotion of Francisco Tobar to Team Administrator and David Brauzer to Equipment Manager.
    Tobar and Brauzer take on new roles for United
    MUCHO CONGRATS to both guys!!! I would kill for your jobs :D

2. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    That's awesome, Francisco is a great guy. I met him in Bradenton during the 03 training camp and we talked for quite awhile. I'm really happy for him for this well deserved promotion.

3. Section106

Section106 Member

May 1, 2003
    Hampton,VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what happened to Ray? Was he fired, did he retire, or did he go to another team? If he's been with DC from the begining then I'd say a big "Thank You, Ray!" is in order.

And Congrats to Cisco. He's a cool guy was very helpful to me in aquiring a few Namoff game worn jerseys. Thanks and congrats to Mr Tobar!

4. AMERICANS SC

AMERICANS SC New Member

Feb 1, 2005
    Congratulations to Francisco!

5. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Watching DCU's red-carded players walking to the lockerroom just won't be the same...

6. StagsUnited72

StagsUnited72 Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Silver Spring, MD
  7. Allan Quatermain

Oct 23, 2001
    The Lost City of Gol
    Club:
    DC United
    Good question. What the hell happened to Ray? He is serious DCUnited family -- one of the guys who helped build MLS and make DC United what it is (and he wa also a big part of the US Soccer effort to successfully host the World Cup in 1994). This is kind of disturbing. Kevin Payne's heart nearly explodes, and now Ray Trafari disappears. WTF?

8. nobletea

nobletea Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 29, 2004
    HarCo
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's being held by Lalas in an undisclosed location in neutral international waters inside a giant spherical submersible that reads AEG3 in orange lettering around the equatorial zone.

They want our secrets.

9. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    ray's a baseball fanatic, maybe he hooked up with the nationals

10. Allan Quatermain

Oct 23, 2001
    The Lost City of Gol
    Club:
    DC United
    Interesting theory. He is indeed a big fan. He used to have seats next to mine at Camden Yards back in the late 1990s. He would give us all sorts of inside scoop about who was injured, who might be leaving, who might be coming, etc. Nice guy.

11. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Maybe that's why he's gone - loose lips and all that.

12. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    its my understanding that he's going to rsl and parted on very

good terms with united