Raul Bravo at CB?

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Sid Wilson, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Sid Wilson

Sid Wilson New Member

Mar 24, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    i was just thinking how ive seen raul bravo play at CB a few times this season, particularly at highbury against arsenal in the UCL this season, i thought he did a good job, while all u guys talk about looking for a new CB what do people think about playing raul bravo at CB for a while and see how he goes?

he is not a bad LB but i dont think he is of "real madrid" class...

from what i have been told he has played at CB before for madrid, particularly under carlos quieroz, is this true and how did he go madrid fans?

2. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    His performances were decent at best but he is still prone to making defensive errors. But he usually ends up covering up those errors with his pace.That said i think hes a good back up player and we should still go after another CB.

3. nazzo

nazzo Member

Nov 20, 2004
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The best response ever.

4. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    Has had his best season with us this year however his inability to use his right leg is worse than Beckhams inability to use his left. His decision making is questionable and as dooda says he is still prone to one or two errors per game. probably the 4th or 5th best CB at the club and the fact that we are sitting here discussing him as a Real Madrid player is probably a reflection of the state this club is in.
    .....I think he's a better LB than CB anyway.

5. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Mejia is much better than him and is showing that everyday.

6. MajorDuh

MajorDuh New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    USA
    I've been pleased with Mejia's performance recently and I agree that Bravo does better at LB, in fact I wish he'd start over Carlos. The three of them (Ramos, Mejia, and Bravo) seem to work well together.

7. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Creating plays is much harder than just destroying them.

8. Ronaldo:el phenomeno

Feb 17, 2006
    Springfield
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    i dont think Raul Bravo will ever score even ten percent of how many goals Carlos has scored to help us in difficult situations.

9. MAd_REd

MAd_REd New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Qatar
    True..........
    But R.C suked against Getafe him and Salgado done nothing!

10. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    People thought he would become a great cb around 5 seasons ago. He was big and fast. What else can you do wrong with such assets? Then, three seasons ago, Carlos Quieroz started seriously ti use him as cb and he was not up to the task. He was so bad that we forgot how good he was at lb. Then Euro 2004 came.... I thought he was good playing as lb for Spain. Back to Rwal Madrid, he played a heck of a game againts Del piero last season in the CL. He completely took him out.

11. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Then he brilliantly assisted on Zalayeta's winning goal. Typical Raul Bravo performance. Inconsistent is his middle name.

12. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I was talking about the first game. I turned off the Tv after Ronald's red card.:)

13. Achillean

Achillean Member

Apr 13, 2005
    ahh i never found out what exactly happened...care to elaborate?

14. MAd_REd

MAd_REd New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Qatar
  15. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
  16. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Raul Bravo played well in the 1st leg. He basically took Del Piero completely out of the game. redstriker06 was probably talking about the 2nd leg. I actually did not have impression of Bravo. Then, Ronaldo got a red card for kicking Blasi(?). At that point, I turned off the TV and never finished watching the game. Zalayeta scored and I never saw the replay.

17. MAd_REd

MAd_REd New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Qatar
    Is Diogo Uraguyan , Italian or Argentinian , Italien.

18. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    What? He is Uruguayan.

19. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

I think he may have meant whether he has dual citizenship, like Cicinho, who is Brazilian but has an Italian passport due to Grandfather clauses. I didn't think we used a EU spot on Diogo...are we? Or does he have some EU connection.

20. MAd_REd

MAd_REd New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Qatar