Ratings Decline Discussion

Discussion in 'Football' started by Fiosfan, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Fiosfan

Fiosfan Red Card

Mar 21, 2010
    Nevada
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's likely this will all be misinterpreted as backlash against player protests. It's actually about an aging demographic and people dropping cable/satellite TV in droves.

3. Fiosfan

Fiosfan Red Card

Mar 21, 2010
    Nevada
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a good one swami .

4. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    The ultimate irony to the poster you quoted was that there were protests of the league and sponsors before the season even began because a man who has a problem with police brutality and racial injustice is unemployed. Also there is the matter of the network protests by people like that poster came after an espn host mentioned protesting league sponsors. Don't tell him that though.

//don't even bother using logic with that poster like Houston sucks, the attendance was actually above capacity, or when the photo was taken. Facts.

BalanceUT repped this.
  5. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It doesn't look like the game is underway. A bit unfair. TV numbers are starting to become irrelevant as more an more people cut the cord.

6. The Franchise

The Franchise Member+

Nov 13, 2014
    Bakersfield, CA
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Social views are behind many people no longer viewing. I stopped a few years ago when the league began pretending it was addressing head injury research and prevention. This was one of the reasons behind not renewing cable when I moved; without football, there was less draw to the expensive service.

BalanceUT repped this.
  7. whiteonrice04

whiteonrice04 Member+

Sep 8, 2006
    NFL games all free over the air except Monday night and some Thursday night. Cable not required. If non cable subscribers wanted to watch they could.
    I know a multitude of people that have stopped watching only because of the anthem protests. Lots and lots, but I am sure you know more than what that are saying themselves. :rolleyes:

8. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #8 FoxBoro 143, Nov 26, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    I stopped watching football because of the anthem issues. Not solely because of the players actions, but because of the hypocrisy in the NFL's response.
    Players get fined for wearing a pink wristband for cancer awareness, fined for skipping or being ignorant in a media press conference, fined or suspended for just about anything, but offending a large portion of the country......yea let's not touch that one.

I have traditional cable and still watch most of my at home tv through it. I know plenty of people in the same boat who either stopped watching altogether, or only watch their teams games instead of wall to wall NFL games and talk. I know a few people who finally cut cable because of the anthem issues.
    It's not the only cause, but it's been a sizeable hit on the league.

whiteonrice04 repped this.
  9. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I stopped watching NFL and College Football a decade ago because of head injuries.

10. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nobody sits still anymore for the 3 hours+ that is required to play a game...and don't get me started as MLB is even worse that the NFL