Rating the Games: Nigeria vs Sweden [R]

Discussion in 'Women's World Cup' started by kolabear, Sep 12, 2007.

1. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same idea as before -

Which matches have turned out to be good ones?

I'm thinking of this as something someone could use as a guide as to which matches to watch (for instance, if they Tivoed it or if they have access to a replay online).

Naturally we can't always help letting our allegiance to a team from coloring our perceptions as to the quality of a match, but we can try - we know what it's like to be happy that our team wins yet know that it was a pretty crummy game. Or to lose a game but know it was a great game.

So if someone asks you which game was worth watching even though they aren't particularly in favor of one team vs the other, how would you rate the games that you've seen?

Let's say we should limit our responses to games where we've seen at least a pretty good chunk of it, say a half or so. (not just highlights)

2. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't always live up to my own standards. I don't think I could ever rate a game with the Swedish women as only "so-so". Just because they're Swedish women. It would have to be one really crummy game.

So I have to applaud the objectivity of some of you here. Or is it sabotage on the part of Scandinavian rivals? Or UEFA cup foes of Umea or Djurgarden?