Rapids Wives vs. Broncos Wives

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by The Legend, Aug 22, 2002.

1. Noonan

Noonan New Member

Dec 16, 2001
    Colorado
    That was classic. Everyone was laughing at that one.

2. chilistrider

chilistrider Together We Rise

May 9, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had a hard time following the Rapids team introductions, but think the first goal was scored by the team's coach, Hankinson's daughter---"Leela" or something like that? It was either her or Henderson's wife. All I could see on the jersey was H%#^@#SON. Anyway, in celebration of the goal she did her best Chastain impression, and it was a good one.

I liked the shove Spenny's wife gave one of the Bronco wives when she was jostling for position in front of the goal on a corner. She has definitely learned a thing or two from hubby. Fraser's wife also played really well. If I recall, Chung's wife got off an OK shot, too, but hers didn't quite have the oopmh that his shots do : )

And Lisa M. was really good. She still has the moves. And that damn big floppy ribbon in her ponytail was a good disguise. Made her look almost as girlie-girl as the ones wearing open-toed sandals. I didn't know she had played before, so I thought she was just there because she's wife of a big-name player, but I was wrong. She played very well.

It was a fun match to watch. Hope they make it an annual thing.

3. ballboy101

ballboy101 New Member

Aug 1, 2001
    USA
    First goal was by Rita Hankinson, coach's wife + player coach for the wives. She put it through the horses (goalie for the Broncos was their mascot) legs. Second goal was Lisa M for the Bronco's while Rapids goalie (rapidman - mascot) was distracted doing other than goalie work. Third goal was by Rapids - a massive mess in front of and in the goal with the horse, it may have been Aubrey Seth who knocked the horse down with the ball on the horses feet. It was a mess there very several girls in the small goal at the same time. The 4th goal was scored by Ashley Frasher. Couldn't see exactly how it happened though. The last goal was scored again by Lisa M. for the broncos when some bronco's linebackers or whoever they were took out rapids goal and the goalie!!!! the goal was down and rapidman was on the ground. It was hilarious.

4. Tejas

Tejas Member+

Jun 3, 2000
    Tejas
    BTW Hankinson's wife should be graduating high school sometime in the near future.

Sly old goat.

5. BallStateMiddie

BallStateMiddie New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Nashvegas
    Pictures. We need pictures.

6. The Legend

The Legend New Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Colorado, Where Lege
    That's Aubrey Trembly, (I think it was Seth Trembly's sister).

Word on the streets is the Bronco wives have already requested a rematch, a flag-football game at halftime of a Broncos game.

My $$ is still on the Rapids wives. They are much hotter.

7. ToddP25

ToddP25 Member

Apr 19, 1999
    Richmond, VA
    Ed McCaffery's wife was an All American in college...I figured she would have blown up the goal.....

8. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Rapids' wives must have had good marking.

9. Soccer-Six-Shooter

Soccer-Six-Shooter New Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Arlington, VA
    I wish I saw it. It sounds like it was a better game than the MLS one.

Did they use the regulation field and goal? or used a shortened field and modified goal?

10. GreatZar

GreatZar Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Mar 29, 1999
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The field was a 90 degrees shift (about 60yrds long and maybe 30yrds wide). Goals were tiny 4ft square jobs. The Bronco's donkey legs nearly blocked the entire net (I think that mascot went home sore).

11. GreatZar

GreatZar Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Mar 29, 1999
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rapids vs Broncos got some air time during the end of the local Bronco's vs Arizona Cardinals match. They claimed Lisa M called the broadcast booth to brag about her goal and they gave it a good 30 secs of banter.

12. Baldwin

Baldwin Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hart's girlfriend

From where I was sitting, it looked like Wes Hart's girlfriend wasn't wearing shorts, but just pulled her jersey down as much as she could.

Did anybody else catch this? Or am I crazy?

13. retnicf

retnicf Member

May 7, 2001
    Mount Vernon, NY
    Ditto.

14. ballboy101

ballboy101 New Member

Aug 1, 2001
    USA
    Re: Hart's girlfriend

She was wearing very short shorts....
    She also gave a good body slam to one of the broncos.

15. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wu-Tang,

That is so, so wrong, and yet so, so funny!!!!!

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!! (especially being of Italian extraction)

--Tom

16. joeyclams

joeyclams Member

Apr 16, 2001
    Denver, CO
    Somebody said on the radio that Lisa Mac played with Julie Foudy at Stanford and was a second team All-American. I figure, if it was on the radio, it has to be true.

17. Omahacrew

Omahacrew New Member

Apr 22, 2001
    I Did!!!

signed
    John Harkes

18. wu-tang beez

wu-tang beez New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Irving, TX
    So did I

sicerely, Marcus Allen