Rapids website - beyond pathetic

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by JasonMa, Jul 23, 2002.

1. swordking

swordking New Member

Aug 14, 2002
    Florida
    It's amazing, I get a blast email usually a day after the game that gives a decent report. Why can't they trasfer that to the site and update the wins and losses? I think we each need to write a letter to management and really complain...

2. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now at 85 hours since the final whistle of the Columbus game, and the site has not been updated with the result...

3. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Nov 24, 1999
    Tianjin, China
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So are we going to start the betting as to how long it goes before it gets updated?

I'll start with at least another two weeks.

Interesting side note to not having it on their website.......upon arriving at the match and pulling my head out of arse for forgetting that we needed to drop off equipment for clubs/individuals that can't afford items the people asked if the Rapids did any promotion for this event, upon which I said they sent out an e-mail but nothing advertised on tv or their website. They were very disappointed that more advertising wasn't done.

If I win the bet regarding the update.......do I get a Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwich?

4. smudgeyjoe

smudgeyjoe Member

Dec 15, 2001
    Westminster Colorado
    Additionally

With a side order of HTML!!!!!

5. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The site broke the 100 hour mark! It's now been 108 hours since the final whistle and still no update!

6. Worm Burner

Worm Burner New Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Denver
    This is getting ridiculous! I wish I had control of the site. It just looks so bad to people that are casual Rapids fans. I'm sure they don't take the time to visit the opposition's web site.

7. GreatZar

GreatZar Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Mar 29, 1999
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What if you're a reporter and want to call PR? Go to "Team Info" and then click "Coaches & Staff" and...ooooops. No such page.

I like my peanut butter chunky, thank you.

8. Rollins

Rollins New Member

Jun 19, 2001
    Northern England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know Dan, with the amount of free time you seem to have lately( attending multiple training sessions, several posts througout the day....) You should do the web site. We all know that you have a strong understanding of the material, the media, and obviously the time.....:)

9. smudgeyjoe

smudgeyjoe Member

Dec 15, 2001
    Westminster Colorado
    More Changes

I heard today that ownership of the Rapids' website has passed from whoever it was who wasn't doing it to the Rapids' organization itself. How this plays out in real time remains to be seen, but it at least indicates the fact that they realize the website has been -2 on a scale of 1 to 10. I have a feeling that members of the Rapids' staff probably already have more than enough to do, but I will give them a few days grace period before I call in Tom Martino. By the way, I never heard any more about the signing of Osama Bin Laden. Did it fall through??? I heard that Jihad United wanted all rights to the PB&J trade, and the Rapids refused to give it up.

Anyway, Go Raps!!!!!

10. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    If they reverted back to whoever was handling the site in May (before they were cast aside), I think there would be few complaints.

Although I'm no longer involved, I would love nothing more than to see a top-notch site coming out of this team.

11. smudgeyjoe

smudgeyjoe Member

Dec 15, 2001
    Westminster Colorado
    let's hope

Even middle notch would be better than it has been.

12. GreatZar

GreatZar Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Mar 29, 1999
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I've been playing hookey from work to get a Sam's Army article (or two) written about Pablo Mastroeni. I REALLY pushed it today, but this is when Pablo agreed to give the interview so I had an early LOOONG lunch.

I will be excessively busy through the end of September with my "real" job beginning next week. But these are all just excuses. I don't think I'd do nearly as good a job as the 2001 company that maintained their web.

13. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now at 132 hours with no update...

14. Rapids/Arsenal Fan

Mar 8, 2001
    Denver, CO USA
    Can't (or shouldn't) the league step in on this? I know the team is privately owned, but I think the death of the teams website is a blow to the team and, on a smaller scale, a problem for the league. Think about how important websites are to businesses and organizations.....many can't survive without one. And the Rapids are an organization, MLS is an organization.....I think MLS should do what they can to get this corrected, since it obviously isn't on AEG's radar screen.

15. gschroeder

gschroeder Member

Jun 18, 2001
    Thornton, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids

AEG: "Do we have a radar screen?"

16. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    Attempt at humor

The kid in the drive through in the Subway commercial can tell you about radar screens. ;)

17. Daksims

Daksims New Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Colorado
    We should call every weekend to get their answering machine and fill it with messages.

18. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They've broken the 150 hour mark! Now at 158 hours since the last game ended and still no update. Given that it's the weekend I'm betting we don't see an update until Monday, which means a second game will have come and gone before it gets updated...

19. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    Actually someone from the Rapids left an answering machine message with me yesterday. I forget their name, but if I still have the message, I'm calling him/her back, being very nice about it, but reiterating that the site REALLY NEEDS TO BE UPDATED, LIKE NOW.

20. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's now been 1 week and 20 hours since the Crew game and 19 hours since the Galaxy game without an update

21. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1 week 37 hours since the Crew game and 36 hours since the Galaxy game, no update...

22. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Believe it or not, the site has actually been updated with the score of Saturday's game!

23. Daksims

Daksims New Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Colorado
    No freakin' way!?!

24. Worm Burner

Worm Burner New Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Denver
    And the lineup at the bottom of the LA game report shows that we played Dallas.

Does nobody at the Rapids care?

25. The Legend

The Legend New Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Colorado, Where Lege
    From the Rapidfire email sent out today:

"Rapids Get Electronic Lift; Launch New-Look Website this Week
    The Colorado Rapids will make their mark on the world-wide web this week,
    going live with a new-look website to carry them through the remainder of
    the 2002 season and into 2003. After forging a partnership with
    Denver-based, cutting-edge design group SpireMedia, the Rapids have spent
    the past several weeks working hard on making several improvements and