Rapids vs Schelotto's Crew-Sept. 2nd (1pm) pre/game/post [R]

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by teddy_montoya, Aug 28, 2007.

1. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Am I the only one that noticed the "one-dimensional" Terry Cooke take the ball inside before whipping in a ball with his left foot for the first Rapids goal against the Revs?

2. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By my count, Prideaux has been responsible for at least 3 goals this season by not being with his teammates for the offside trap. He kept Gaven on yesterday, he kept one of the Houston players on earlier in the year, and one of the DC players on in the game in DC.

If I'm Fernando, I'm giving the offside trap special attention this week.

3. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Interesting point. At what point is that the coaches fault versus the players?

4. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, you aren't.

Ralston is a good answer, anyone else? ;)

5. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    FWIW Terry Cooke might have about 15 assists (or more) instead of 5 if he had a Twellman or Ching type of forward to get on the end of his crosses. In case you haven't noticed we don't have anyone like those guys. Oh and to rate Beckham at "Terry Cooke times 100" sounds awfully teenage-girly. I can't even rate him as twice the player, 1.5 we could discuss ...

6. fredthomassoccer

fredthomassoccer New Member

Aug 15, 2007
    after reading this i went to the source.

1 , the team did miss cooke, he has been playing well and gives the team balance and width which they lacked.

2,it was very hot out there

3,sanneh and pablo played holdind midfielders to try and clog it up on the road, it worked but rapids could not capitalize early and end up getting burned.

4,pablo and sanneh both threw up, and sanneh cramped after ten minutes. no one is sure why the pair got sick, but sanned who was supposed to come out at half finished the game after pablo collasped at half time. this is why no one saw him sprint.showed guts going 90

5,medhi is not a right mid fielder

6, hercules did a good job hold the ball and adding spark

7, clark was a little off

8,ugo did i a great job getting forward but missed the final pass and struggled a bit defensively

9, all in all not a bad result. good game plan. better team. if casey scores early maybe they go on like past three games and win 3-0. road games are never easy and tie was better than loss, and they showed some grit

7. JSweez

JSweez Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Littleton, CO
    Yeah, the Rapids "fought back" from behind and scored a tie.

However, I have to agree with another poster that this was the same Rapids team and style of play that we had during the 10-game winless streak.

Also, I am impressed with the dedication of Pablo and Sanneh, but I thought we got rid of Beckerman because we couldn't possibly play two D-Mids? Plus why do we put Mehdi at right-mid? Do we have no other right-mid? Is that not why we picked Nici Colulca in the draft to be a backup midfielder? I cannot figure out Clavijo's choices. First he makes a good decision followed by a "Huh?" sort of decision. The guy inspires absolutely no confidence.

8. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    Imagine how the players feel.

9. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    NOt to smack the shoot out of a dead horse but I totally fell asleep for this game and was woke up by Casey's goal. It reminded me of a good ol February Sunday hocke nap. I blame the TV production.

10. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Makes you wonder all the more about what happened between Kyle and Fernando, doesn't it?

11. askum33

askum33 New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    Hey now, stop thinking and just watch the game will you? :p