Rapids vs Fire Pre/Post Game 10/1 [R]

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by gschroeder, Sep 27, 2003.

1. gschroeder

gschroeder Member

Jun 18, 2001
    Thornton, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Beckerman and Pablo out on Reds.
    Does Powell make his debut?
    Does Trembly take the field?
    Does the new ownership and SSS announcment fire the guys up?

This is a somewhat big game if we have any hopes of catching San Jose. Also beating Chicago, who we seem to have trouble with, could mean good things for confidence going into the playoffs.

I'm guessing we'll see Powell and Trembly just because I can't think of anyone else who could take over for Pablo and Beckerman. Seriously Powell must be able to play and is probably being held off because you don't make changes when your doing good.

Rapids: 2 (Chung, Spencer)
    Fire:0

2. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    Spencer CC

Chung Crawford Trembly Hendo

Katschau Fraiser Borchers Hart

Cannon (NOT!)

Or do they try Chung in the middle again?

3. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    Crawford and Trembly.

(not saying they'll take over well, just that they'll likely take over)
    "Powell must be able to play?" Damn, you got me laughing so hard I strained my hamstring.

I would agree with the concept of not making changes during a hot streak, but only as it applies to starters. You'd think with that if Powell were able, they'd have found a way to at least get him 10-15 minutes of game time as a sub by this point.

Unless of course, Powell just plain stinks. Or Hankinson is that stupid that he wouldn't slowly build up Powell's playing time.

(sadly, I worry it's both)
    That's one ballsy prediction, given the absence of both Pablo and Kyle.

On their home turf with plenty of confidence the Rapids will be certainly tough to beat... but without our leading pair in the middle and the fact that until proven otherwise, Hart is Beasley's bitch, I think a shutout is quite unlikely.

4. gschroeder

gschroeder Member

Jun 18, 2001
    Thornton, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Re: Re: Rapids vs Fire Pre/Post Game 10/1 [R]

Greenie, I'm all about ballsy predictions. Shoot, if Beckerman and Pablo were playing I'd predict in the triple digitsfor the Rapids as well as a shutout. Thats just how I work. But mostly I just wanted to get the Pregame thread going already to start the speculation.

5. phills

phills Member

Nov 24, 1999
    hope the ref is on his game. saw in the la-kc game last night that there were 4 tackles from behind that only got caution no red cards....

6. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    0 - 0

Denver police are brought in around 11:30 to rouse out the 10,0000 slumbering fans put to sleep by the 6 - 3 - 1 formation Hanks employed to gain the 1 point. The Rapids get out shot 75 - 1 (a Chung's 60 yard laser, which found nothing but bleachers), but Scott Parsley, Sage Rosemary and Thyme plays brilliantly in goal to preserve the tie.

7. nowar99

nowar99 Member

Apr 14, 2003
    Boulder
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Thats a gutsy call. I mean. We have people here predicting 10,000 people and a 2-0 victory. I am not sure which is harder to believe on a cool wednesday night.

(actually, I guess it is fan appreciation night, they have been giving away tickets left and right for food donations, etc., etc. - so it should be a decent crowd.

8. Daksims

Daksims New Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Colorado
    I thought Mile High only held 8,0000 fans.

9. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    I expect this game to have a sweet turn out ...

Last year's corresponding promo was great ...

The buck a bud ... the corporate smoozing thingy ... and on top of that ... $10 tickets!!

I'm thinking more like 15-16K will show.

on the field ... I'm expecting 1-1. :)

10. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rapids 3 - Chi 2. The Rapids will pull out a big win infront of a strong 16,000 person crowd. The crowd will be large because of the job fair, buck a bud, fan appreciation, season ticket holder refer a friend, etc. Lots of free tickets for this one. In addition I think KSE will get all their employees out there to see the new addition. Maybe build some new sets.
    The Rapids will pull within 8 of SJ.

11. Tony Cheval

Tony Cheval New Member

Mar 17, 2000
    Colorado
    And the Bud is STILL overpriced. :D

12. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    :) but better than the coors inside!

13. Tony Cheval

Tony Cheval New Member

Mar 17, 2000
    Colorado
    Speaking of free tickets, I just got my 2 from the season ticket pimps, was starting to wonder. :) Do you need the other one Mark?

14. smudgeyjoe

smudgeyjoe Member

Dec 15, 2001
    Westminster Colorado
    Ticket Help???

I lost my e-mail from the Raps, and want to make sure. Which tickets do we need for tomorrow night's match? Is it the one that was originally for Chicago, just with the wrong date? Is the same true for the parking pass? I vote for Steve Trittschuh starting up top with Spenny. CC will be playing sweeper this week.

15. bigdush

bigdush New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Parker, CO
    Fire 6-1 rapids.

Beasley has 4, Razov with 1.

Powell with 2.

(If I knew how to put a smirking smiley face right here I would)

16. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    Re: Ticket Help???

yes and yes

17. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    Re: Ticket Help???

Yes

18. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    Nope ... I'm all set. Get someone who's never been to a game to go.

19. He's In Fashion

Jan 7, 2000
    Littlefun, CO, US
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trembly and Crawford in the middle of the park *shudder* I take it all back Greenie! MY KINGDOM for a creative-attacking midfielder!!!!!

*clutching rosary for Hart tonight*

Put Crawford on the right, move Hendo to the left, and slide Chungy in the middle please...

20. bigdush

bigdush New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Parker, CO
    Borchers and Fraser are gonna have to have a career night tonight.

Prediction:
    Armas gets fed up with Trembly for his usual antics, gives him a good whack (for which he won't get booked) and Hanki will have to find a sub for him early.

21. gschroeder

gschroeder Member

Jun 18, 2001
    Thornton, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I'm telling you guys, Powell is gonna come in and almost single-handedly deliver us the Win. Now if I'm wrong, Duh!... but if I'm right what a prediction.
    Overall, I'm not too worried. I equate it to the Broncos. Always up for the "Big Games" but manage to struggle through the easy ones. Chicago is a big one.

22. Rapidz

Rapidz New Member

I'm a native Rapids fan stuck on the east coast for college. Anyone know of a good website for frequent game updates or play-by-play?

23. gschroeder

gschroeder Member

Jun 18, 2001
    Thornton, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids

www.mlsnet.com has good play by play.

I think you can also listen on 1150am KNRC
    here's the website
    www.knrcradio.com/default.asp.

24. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    It's only a prediction if you really stand by it. No credit if you hedge your bet -- if you're wrong, it's not "duh" but a horrible prediction.

:p

25. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    yeah schroeder ... grow a pair LOL