Rapids vs. FCD 10/09/10 4:00 PM [R]

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by DavidJames, Oct 4, 2010.

1. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    It's time to get back up on the proverbial horse. Assuming of course that Coach Smith isn't resting the horse, starting a burro instead.

Barring any injuries or SOT (Smith Over Thinking), I expect a return to what was the normal lineup.

[LINEUP-4-4-2]Casey,Omar,Smith,JL,Pablo,Mullan,Wallace,Moor,Wynne,Kimura,Pickens[/LINEUP-4-4-2]

The Rapids came oh so close to breaking a long RSL streak, maybe the team can finish the deal in Texas.

By the way, anyone going?

2. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    What's going on with Baudet?

3. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    I believe it's his hamstring.

4. snowboarder

snowboarder Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Back in June while playing in Chicago, he injured his right hamstring.

Then in September versus New York, he injured his left hamstring.

Since both of these set backs, he has been having issues with his back and hip.

He thinks it might also be an imbalance between his quads and his hamstring.

5. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    What's the TV coverage for this one?

6. miguel

miguel Member

Nov 26, 1998
    Anyone here think that maybe Jeff Cunningham might want to break Jaimie Moreno's MLS goal scoring record against his old team this Sat night? He is currently tied with Jaimie and I'd bet that he'll go the full 90 minutes looking to set the new MLS record. This one will be a real test for the Rapids. adios and good luck.

7. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    TV coverage usually (like for this game) can be found here.

8. snowboarder

snowboarder Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Since May 27th, FC Dallas has not lost a match.

With 7 wins and 2 draws at home during that time. Not counting the draw versus Inter during August.

Gary Smith is going to need a miracle in this match.

Anyone got a live chicken? :D

9. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I heard Dallas have two call-ups to the national team this weekend, they were the only MLS players chosen/allowed to go. Hope, perhaps?

10. rapidfan

rapidfan Member

May 13, 2003
    Boulder
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Hopefully last Saturday was a 'wake up call' for the Rapids ..... to beat FC Dallas in their park would certainly be one of the best wins in the past couple of seasons.

11. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    Just to clarify a couple of things I've seen in the thread...

For the past 6 weeks or so, when healthy it's been Milton Rodriguez starting and Jeff coming off the bench either at halftime or around the 60 minute mark. They've both scored in the last two games, so I highly doubt coach Hyndman will make any changes.

Heath Pearce and Brek Shea will be available as they are joining the nats after the Colorado game. Shea actually came off the bench in the last game as Honduran Marvin Chavez played very very well while Shea was suspended and has scored in his last two games. It will be interesting to see whether Chavez starts over Shea again.

12. CMRunning

CMRunning Member

May 18, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will be there! C'mon boys!

13. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    I amazed by how many people who post on the facebook page dislike Casey. I mean, he gets ripped here plenty, but I didn't think many here would favor Kandji starting over Casey.

14. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    I hear it a lot in the stands. It was funny (sort of) at the last game when Casey didn't make a play, I heard a lot yelling. When Omar was in and he didn't make a play, silence. In terms of failures per minute, I think they were about even.

It boils down to running. We like people who run a lot. Never mind whether they accomplish anything, as long as they run. I make the analogy to busy work assigned by your manager. Keep busy, don't worry about if it's productive, I want to see you working. It's a pretty pervasive attitude (I think it includes Bradley) and if it continues to be a dominant theme, we don't have to worry about being a world power any time soon.

That isn't to say players shouldn't run. A skillful player who can run a lot is better then one that can't. But I'll take a skillful player over a guy who just runs a lot. In MLS we don't get the luxury of both very often and more often then not it's the busy guy we get and have become used to.

Edit - Let me be clear, I like Omar a lot. I cheer when either makes a good play and groan when they don't. We don't need to pick one or the other. Hating Casey doesn't make Omar better :)

15. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What DJ said. Casey spends a lot of the game looking like he's doing nothing, but when you go back and review the numbers you realize that, despite Omar's play in the last month or so, Casey's still the best offensive player on the team. remember he just broke Bravo's record in just over 3 seasons, when Bravo took 5 to set it.

Anyone who thinks Kandji should regularly start over Casey isn't paying attention to how Casey plays the game.

16. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    People who complain about him not running all over the place - don't seem to know what a target forward is.

17. LiquidatorFC

LiquidatorFC New Member

Aug 13, 2009
    DENVER
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he may not run, but he has hustle when necessary. he doesn't play like that he is not super creative casey can finish. you want someone to run put Amerikwa out there see him break the record.

18. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    Thanks for the information. I consider myself a fan of his.

19. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Colorado
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Casey, random but amusing--anytime he touches the ball in FIFA 11, there's about a 1 in 3 chance the announcers will talk about how lazy the player is and how he should really work harder.

20. fhnkeeper03

fhnkeeper03 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    clap, clap, clap, clap! BEST POST EVER!

21. fhnkeeper03

fhnkeeper03 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    side note... why is the game so early???

22. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    I dread these next few games. I hope they pick up a few points. Snowboarder mentioned a long and not unreasonable list of things he would need to see from the Rapids before he can forgive last week’s loss (in a heartbeat). For me, I’m a tad more forgiving. They need to get back the three points they gave up somewhere in the next three matches, that is all. I don’t care how, but after the way the last two seasons both ended I really don’t want to sit back and watch these matches like a nightmare unfolding. It almost makes me sick. I want three matches with the A+ squad fighting for every possession. Nothing less.

Ha, I just read what I wrote there, a little over dramatic? Maybe, maybe I just want to see a playoff match at the Dick.

23. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They'll get forgiveness when they qualify for the playoffs, not before.

24. rapidfan

rapidfan Member

May 13, 2003
    Boulder
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I second that motion !

25. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    Without thinking of the backline - what do you all think about this?

[LINEUP-4-4-2]casey,kandji,mullan,Mastroeni,JL,Omar,,,,,Pickens[/LINEUP-4-4-2]