Rapids vs Chivas: Sun Sept. 16th--1:00pm pre/game/post [R]

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by DavidJames, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Colorado Rapids Fan

Colorado Rapids Fan New Member

Jul 4, 2006
    i'll have to go with option 2. FC is not very good at utilizing his reserves... he'd rather re-arrange his entire line up before using someone off the bench.

2. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wondering the same thing. Weather.com shows some storms in the area, maybe lightning?

3. scheck

scheck Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, altitude says it's a lightning delay.

4. RapidStorm

RapidStorm Member+

Jan 30, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I think Herron today has called more fouls on blatent dives than fouls on actual fouls, both ways.

5. RapidStorm

RapidStorm Member+

Jan 30, 2005
    Denver, CO
    This might go down on record as one of the most boring halves of soccer ever played.

6. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Anyone saw the little argument back there?

7. scheck

scheck Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which argument?

8. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What was the deal with your two players getting into a fight on the sideline and having to be separated by a coach and a player in a warmup?

9. scheck

scheck Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and is the game over or just delayed?

10. Bootsy Collins

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Delayed. But there's a limit to how long they delay; and after delaying up to that limit, if the amount of time already played in the match is beyond a certain point, they'll call the match over with the score as it stands. I can't remember what the delay limit is. I'm also not sure about the amount of time that has to be played in a match for a match to be official, but I think it may be 70 minutes. In which case you're hoping the lightning clears up soon.

11. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    I'm wondering if the game does restart if Altitude will just say screw it, pool is more fun to watch anyway.

12. s0ccerm0m

s0ccerm0m New Member

May 8, 2005
    The match has resumed, and Colorado tied it up. Is it on any broadcasts? I am unable to find it.

13. scheck

scheck Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    great goal by colin clark, but did anyone see a replay of the non-call penalty on casey? I'm not sure what to think until I see it again.

14. Bootsy Collins

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Herron had a howler. At one level, you guys got jobbed; but at another level, you also got a bunch of chances to make him irrelevant and walk away with all three, but couldn't get the final touch right.

15. scheck

scheck Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's also what I think, regardless of the last call, we had about 3 clear chances in the last 5 minutes. One of them conor passed it straight to a chivas defender instead of a wide open clark.

16. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    I would have loved to see a replay of the Casey non-call. He made a great move to get to the end line, then another great move to get by a player then another great move then he went down. It looked like he was tripped but without benefit of a replay (thanks Altitude), I can't say for sure.

It's a real shame he wasted his other great end line move by missing the open player, but Casey had another very good game. He's turned into quite a force up top.

The Rapids treaded water this weekend thanks to the Fire tie.

17. scheck

scheck Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Columbus also lost. This is encouraging though, as the only goal we conceded was from a PK. (that has to do with the fact that Chivas sat back and watched the match for the majority of the 90 minutes, and not having razov or a healthy galindo)

Columbus lost to KC - not too big of a deal

Chicago tied NY, which are one of the better teams right now.

I can see chicago taking the 8th spot unless we really get good results the next 3 matches.

18. RapidStorm

RapidStorm Member+

Jan 30, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Columbus lost on a PK that was reportedly much more of a joke call than ours. I wouldn't count them out of it.

19. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Sanneh has said that he was brought into the Rapids to be a CB. If he's not there, talk to Clavijo. He's also making the pro-rated equivalent of $60k where Kirovski gets $200k. He's not infallible but in order of issues for this game :

a) Erpen being the Erpen the DCU fans came to love and hate
    b) Petke coming off; a coach has to know when to say no to the start. And at that why when a man down don't we go to 3 at back. It's not like Chivas put anything dangerous up top.
    c) oh crud, I can't bring myself to worry anymore.

20. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I got hosed by Telefutura, so I didn't see the last 20 minutes after the second weather delay. Apparently MLsnet got hosed as well, as that's where the highlights stop.

21. scheck

scheck Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, agreed, my "it's not big deal" comment was directed towards the result of the game not saying much about their talent. 3-2 to KC doesn't really indicate that you're a horrible team in this league. However, it is more significant to note that they only gained 1 point from the match.

I wouldn't say that. After watching the replay a couple times, I really don't see erpen putting any weight into the touch, it was a dive. It definitely wasn't a total dive, but much of the call came from the embellishment. There's no doubt in my mind that (whoever it was) could've stayed on his feet if he wanted to.

22. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doesn't matter, it was a stupid foul in a stupid location on the field. A best case scenario from that move is that he gets a yellow and a free kick outside the box, or advantage is played and Bouna gets a chance to make a save. There was very little to be gained compared to what could be lost by committing that foul.

23. teddy_montoya

teddy_montoya RapidsThugLife

Nov 9, 2006
    Supporters Terrace
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It does matter, because it was a BS call. He was pushed and fouled out 3yds. outside the box. I have enough faith in Bouna to make a breakaway save, rather than a PK. Odds are similar but still.

A few notes from today...

My friend was telling me that Jovan was pisses off at Terry, and they both were going to fight? I dunno need clarification.

The Ref. was an absolute JOKE. He blew the last five minutes, and cheated Conor out of a PK. Why do we always have one or two cards that cost us? It seems like a trend the Rapids have developed. We need someone to put a F*n head on the ball, we had plenty of chances to win.

And that PK was complete BS. The last two mintues of attacking time for the Rapids was great, but Conor needs to shoot and the Ref needs to blow into his got damn whistle.

24. deron

deron New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Centennial, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought it was a pk pretty much straight away. Maybe on replay it looked like a dive, but in the stands it looked like a push. Especially, from my angle which was behind the players.

That one play pretty much killed the game. After that Chivas had no reason to press, and the Rapids, without a man, had no ideas on how to move up field.

We left at the second weather delay. Anybody want to give a description of the goal? Was the delay a situation, which helped the Rapids regain the game?

25. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, he wasn't. It was maybe a foot outside the box. Not hard to see why the ref trailing the play called for the PK even if it was, at best, a borderline call. The red card was also borderline, as Ugo was pretty close to the play. Two bad breaks for the Rapids on one play, but only because Erpen was stupid enough to put the ref in a position where those calls are borderline.

Listen, if you're going to commit that foul, do it far enough from the box so that its obviously not a PK, and probably not a red. By waiting until he did he almost guaranteed that we'd end up with a bad result one way or the other.