Rapids vs Chivas: Sun Sept. 16th--1:00pm pre/game/post [R]

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by DavidJames, Sep 10, 2007.

1. jimmyco

jimmyco Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Aurora, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I should know all the goings-on for 13 different organizations? (i.e., a couple hundred players, dozens of injuries, dozens of trades, dozens of rumors?) And sleep, go to school, and work? And keep loose tabs on the Prem, Scotland, Germany, Spain, Italy, Mexico, and the WWC?

Must be nice to have so much free time.

2. jimmyco

jimmyco Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Aurora, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Somehow, I think that will happen anyway (backing in to the playoffs) and FC will shoot up to number 2 on the "Super Geen - ee - us" list, right behind Wile E. Coyote.

I can see the headline now...
    "FC snatches playoff berth from the jaws of winning the West!"

3. deron

deron New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Centennial, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Marsch is one of those players that MLS teams should know to keep.

He's never going to be the star offensive player, but he's smart, consistent, reliable, and he's damn good leader on the field. He's not a huge salary drain either.

Exactly the type of player, I speculate, the Rapids would trade away.

4. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Speculate? Your description sounds a bit like Kyle.

Question - How can the Rapids defend against Razov and Galindo? Does the big pitch play into Galindo's strengths? Will the Borstein have more room to run?

5. deron

deron New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Centennial, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd have kept Kyle, but he wasn't who I was thinking of. I figured odds were that we'd eventually trade either Kyle or Pablo. Not because they're the same player, but because they're different. A team that can pair Kyle with a quick two way mid will do well. Pablo's all defense so having all offense in front makes some sense, though I honestly don't like the approach in MLS. I just thought that with any trade the team would be better as a result. I don't think we are, and what burns me now more than ever is that we lost Wasson as well.

No, the guy the Rapids had that they should've kept was Ritchie Kotschau. He's not national team material. He's not going over seas. There isn't some great future there. All there was, was a solid, unspectacular, left back that is an MLS lifer at a current and future reasonable salary. MLS teams need to recognize that you have to keep these guys. Everyone loves the creators and attackers, but MLS teams have to have workers.

6. askum33

askum33 New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    I would rep you but I need to spread some around first.

Exactly Deron... exactly.

7. scheck

scheck Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of Beckerman, he scored an absolute GOLASO tonight.

8. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What? I thought Beckerman was a defensive midfielder who we didn't need??? Ohh, right. Clavijo just didn't know how to use him so he became expendable.

9. fhnkeeper03

fhnkeeper03 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Had the pleasure of waiting on the short blonde cheerleader today at the Cheesecake... She said she was gonna get us some free shit...

We love free shit!

10. scheck

scheck Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    free shit ftw

11. jimmyco

jimmyco Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Aurora, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Chris Martinez, anyone?

12. rapidfan

rapidfan Member

May 13, 2003
    Boulder
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Agree with you ...... big time ! Kotch has solid skills and plays smart. IMO, the past two seasons have been a real 'crap shoot' for us at left back.

13. teddy_montoya

teddy_montoya RapidsThugLife

Nov 9, 2006
    Supporters Terrace
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Centennial Firm, Bring the noise.

Flags-Streamers-Banners-Confetti

*DON'T THROW ANYTHING ONTO FIELD*

The Rapids will need to contain both Galindo and Razov. They have the ability to strike at any given moment, and bring a playmaking type style. They can score goals, and I fear they will. Bouna needs to come out and play BIG or else we will lose this one.

The Rapids offense needs to make BIG on there chances as well. Take plenty of shots, and win the ball. They need to show intensity, with some imrpoved defense. Mid needs to open play up, especially Mehdi-would like to see him score more.

14. Taylor FC

Taylor FC New Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Commerce City, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know if this is posted anywhere else, but is there going to be a footy game before the match? My entire family is out of town and I'm getting to the stadium a couple hours early.

15. Rei de Boston

Rei de Boston New Member

Mar 16, 2004
    Man this game is going to be difficult. I think it would be fantastic if the Rapids can get any points out of this game. Unfortunately I think Chivas will pick up all the points. This will just further highlight how bad a result the Galaxy game was for us.

16. RapidStorm

RapidStorm Member+

Jan 30, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I'm a little more optimistic, just because we're at home and Chivas should be fatigued. That said, I hope we're watching them or Houston in the cup final, because both teams play the most entertaining football to watch in our country.

17. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    I can't believe I'm going to say this - because we need to pick up wins - but a single point in this game will be a good result.

Chivas looks like real contenders for the Cup.

18. Ingmar4Rapids

Ingmar4Rapids Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Denver, Colorado
    Anyone watch Chivas kick the living crud out of the Galaxy last night? Geez. That was not a confidence booster for me. I hope that they have a let down on the road after that because if that team rolls into The Dick on Sunday, they would be in it for three points against a fully loaded, well coached Rapids team.

19. Independiente

Independiente Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Mar 15, 2005
    Littleton, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got tickets to Broncos vs. Raiders instead of this one. I hate to say it, but I think Chivas will win by a goal, maybe two. Already looking forward to next year because this year it's just not gonna happen.

20. Adidas4Life

Adidas4Life Member

May 9, 2005

Word ! Our chances are slim and none and unlike Tiger, I don't like our chances.

21. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    Our chances are a hell of a lot better than most of you are thinking. We totally suck away from Denver. Hell, we lost to Seattle 5-0 but then turned around and beat Houston, New England and LA at home for a combined 7-0 score. Then we totally fell apart in LA LA land 3-1 a week later.

It will be close

Prediction 2-1 Rapids

22. RapidStorm

RapidStorm Member+

Jan 30, 2005
    Denver, CO
    We should have kept him...until this season. He would have been a great role player and far better than Denton the past two seasons. But how many of RSL's games have you guys watched? He's easily the weakest link on their backline, gets a yellow card every other game because he just can't go stride for stride with forwards any more, and has his game considerably helped by Mantilla and Pope.

He's one of my favorite Rapids of all time, but at this point in his career he'd be a wash if exchanged with Prideaux, and I have my doubts he could work with Erpen very effectively.

23. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Plus Chivas is coming off of a Thursday night game.

24. askum33

askum33 New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    Goats are tired.
    Great turnout - even though for them.
    Indipendence day for all Mexicans in attendance so PARTY!
    'Pids might just have something to prove....

I think it comes down to who comes out swinging first. Will the Rapids come out attacking because they are at home or will Chivas take it to us to score one to deflate our egos and make us chase the game?

Chivas 2 - Rapids 1.

25. teddy_montoya

teddy_montoya RapidsThugLife

Nov 9, 2006
    Supporters Terrace
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea, I think we can possibly bolster our membership figures with this game. Maybe draw interest of some mexican fans that will be attending. If they see a passionate section maybe they'll join. From the international friendly game that was played there-they had a lot of passionate fans[I would encourage a recruitment push]. So make the C-Firm crazy, almost as crazy as the last Chivas game-except the throwing of smokebombs onto the field.