Rapids v. Revolution 9/17 [R]

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by The Magpie, Sep 17, 2003.

1. danjo

danjo New Member

Apr 14, 2003
    Also speaking of announcers, I was to the point where I was checking the radio to see if 1540 was playing the game due to the complete Homer-ness if those guess, especially and mostly Wynalda. Mute would've worked but but I have to hear the ball being kicked.

2. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    It's funny put this because i was going to post this question ...

Reading the Freekick they give out at games ... they had an interview with Nat.

What are your plans after you graduate from college?(he's still working on his degree)

"I would like to get a full time contraact with an MLS team, ideally".

FULL TIME??? If this guy doesn't have a full time contract yet ... get him one!

And what's this non full time contract thing about ... he's a normal roster player I thought he'd have one?

3. wcgcapone

wcgcapone Member

Feb 6, 2001
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nat is on a developmental contract this year, he doesn't count against the salary cap. Developmental contracts, I believe, are usually lower than a min. reg. contract which would count against the cap. I've already mentioned to him that if he doesn't get a pay raise next year Real Madrid is in desperate need of a central defender. ;)

4. Emiliano240

Emiliano240 New Member

Feb 28, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

As a third party I agree. Was watching this game to size up Colorado for next week - was even rooting for you being that you're in the west and Fire's in the east... I felt the announcers were slightly biased as well. Guess this is to be expected tho...

5. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    Ty Keough was extolling such high virtues about Cancela that I'd swear the midfielder blew him in the closet before kickoff.

6. johnh00

johnh00 Member

Apr 25, 2001
    CT, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's funny, over in the Revs forum some people were complaining about Rapids homerism from the announcer. The reality wasn't really homerism for a team, I think, as much as they each had a player they had a crush on. Stoner had Garlick, Ty had Cancela, and Wynalda had Twellman & the wee Scotsman.

As annoying as they were at times, I found it really funny how many times Wynalda made Ty look stupid. I'm not a big Wynalda fan - his time in NE left me with a sour taste in my mouth - but I loved him ripping Keough all the time.

Lee

7. soccertim

soccertim Member

Mar 29, 2001
    Mass
    I was really surprised at how well Borchers played. Twellman was a little off, as he's been out for a month, but Borchers has certainly improved over the course of the year.

Based on what I've seen, including head to head play, Joseph's been a better midfielder than Calrk. I'm not sure he counts as a rookie (but I think he does). He doesn't have the goals Ricardo does, but he's been a huge improvement to our midfield.

8. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    LOL this may be my all time fav greenie post!!!!

9. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ESPN broadcasters can't call a game, all they can do is recite facts about MLS teams written for them. It is aweful. Get someone who can actually play call a soccer match.

10. gschroeder

gschroeder Member

Jun 18, 2001
    Thornton, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Funny you should say that because there was a point that one of the guys mentioned Borchers and along with it said he had just started a couple weeks ago. They should fire their writers.

11. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Nov 24, 1999
    Tianjin, China
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey greenie, Wynalda was trying to get in on that action too. But then again greenie, maybe it was the other way around? LOL.

I did enjoy the jabs Stone took at Wynalda, and Eric just seemed to shut up until Rob asked if he was ok and not crying. "Ahhh Eric?" "Yeah I'm here Rob." "Just checking Eric." I could visualize the tears on Eric's face and the deep breathing he had to do in order to maintain his composure.

Bring back Veronica.

12. wcgcapone

wcgcapone Member

Feb 6, 2001
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was classic when he told him that there were goalies that ran more than Waldo.

13. Sports Fan Stan

Apr 21, 1999
    Oklahoma City, USA
    Yeah, that was quite funny... Waldo was none too happy with that comment...

The TV guys were fine, sure they blew a couple of calls.. What the heck, it was a good game !!!

14. DougO

DougO Member

Jan 2, 2001
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ralph, yes, Clark, maybe, Dunivant is the best rookie D. Started every game so far his rookie season, part of the league leading defense.

DougO