Rapids v Orlando City • 2020 Game 2

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by unkiemark, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    From the size of Rapidman's arms his absence may have involved incarceration?

2. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watching on ESPN+ from the East Coast, go Rapids!

Centennial repped this.
  3. Andy126

Andy126 Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Really soft yellow on Namli.

4. rapidogordo

rapidogordo Member

Mar 12, 2016
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Orlando has a very stout defense, but we had two very solid chances. Sam blew a rebound right over goal.

Clint had a fantastic save -

Andy126 repped this.
  5. Andy126

Andy126 Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Kamara starting to slowly show up for the wrong reasons. Looks like he’s starting to lose his legs.

6. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Namli!

Andy126 and MrPerfectNot repped this.
  7. rapidogordo

rapidogordo Member

Mar 12, 2016
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Holy shit Namli made that look easy!

8. MrPerfectNot

MrPerfectNot Member+

Jul 9, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ended up not being able to attend this evening - so catching the spanish language broadcast on ESPN+ - it's not blacked out locally.

Totoro repped this.
  9. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    I was afraid to mention this because I would hate for it to be blacked out in the future.

Awesome game so far

I saw last weeks replay in Spanish as well

MrPerfectNot repped this.
  10. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome home Drew Moor!

SccrDon, fortcollins, Rod1916 and 7 others repped this.
  11. TheWarmBurger

TheWarmBurger Member+

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Aug 7, 2018
    Arizona
    Rapids win! Rapids win! Rapids win!!!

Andy126 repped this.
  12. spot

spot Member+

Nov 29, 1999
    Centennial
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nicholson had multiple crosses that just seemed wasteful, but in fairness to him Kai was just behind the play over and over again.

Namli's got some neat dribbles and that goal was sweet. He looked like he was dying from exhaustion before the sub, but looks promising.

Welcome home Drew Moor.

Andy126 and JasonMa repped this.
  13. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    Glad they still have the set piece magic, and great to see them still fighting to the end. It never seemed over when they gave up that tying goal. Great to see Moor get one.

They seemed slightly out of synch. Lots of times the ball got forward and the runs were mistimed or absent. I assume that will get better.

Nice composed finish from Namli. One thing that will help a guy like that is he doesn't have to be the savior. Between getting better players overall and getting them in the right places, Namli doesn't have to do it all himself. I hope the days are long gone when they'd bring in a DP type like Doyle or Torres and have him surrounded by 3 defenders with no one to combine with.

m vann and JasonMa repped this.
  14. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    Seemed like a good crowd tonight. Was that the weather, "in before coronavirus," excitement over the late 2019 surge and positive offseason, or all of the above?

Now that I write that, it was only 13,062 announced. For once it seemed better than the announced figure.

15. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    Ok food: so far it doesn't seem much better but it's definitely more expensive.

No more marcos pizza, which I thought was decent, esp. for stadium pizza. No cheese steaks. Still no doughnut guy.

Tonight I had a cuban sandwich which was only sort of a cuban but decent, but I think it was $11.

The fish and chips place is still there. The taco bar thing on the other side changed. Any one try the empanadas? Those also were $10 or something like that.

zapem_10 repped this.
  16. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great result. Drew Moor was the fans most loved player BEFORE he re-signed with the team. He's now approaching Rapids godhood along with 'Celo and Pablo (the player, not the coach).

Good thing or defenders and midfielders came through tonight because the front 3 were not good. Shinyashikin in particular had a bad night.

Took a spin around the stadium pre-game looking at the food changes. Going to stick with GB's again this season.

17. TheWarmBurger

TheWarmBurger Member+

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Aug 7, 2018
    Arizona
    JasonMa repped this.
  18. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW, f-ing stupid idea by Argus security, in the midst of an evolving pandemic, to decide now is the time to start picking up everyone's keys (with bare hands) as they go through the metal detector to see if they have anything attached to the key ring that's not allowed.

Centennial and Totoro repped this.
  19. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Atlanta, Kansas City, Minnesota, Colorado

That's the list of teams that have won two games so far (LAFC could join the list tomorrow)

m vann repped this.
  20. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    1236529596134125568 is not a valid tweet id

21. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    He's used to losing at the Dick.

Dom. FC and Stuart95 repped this.
  22. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    I did not notice that, but that is stupid.

On the merely annoying front, traffic flow seemed messed up. Seems like more and more cars are heading east on Prairie parkway after the game. That ends up backing up the all the lots on the parkway.

JasonMa repped this.
  23. zapem_10

zapem_10 Member

Nov 25, 2009
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had high hopes that the food would be better but in the end it was so disappointing. Very few choices and the Brat/Philly cheesesteak cart is gone. There was a philly cheesesteak in the north west corner but after years of buying my kid a fresh made one, the one he got tonight looked so sad. He said it was bad. Oh well, the team has 6 points!

24. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    Dom. FC, Totoro and JasonMa repped this.
  25. UxSxAxfooty

UxSxAxfooty Member+

Jan 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No argument with the results obviously, but felt in both games that Fraser waited a bit too long to sub.

Would also like to see Lewis start. More difficult to see how he can be squeezed in, but it's somewhat too bad Bassett is pinned to the bench. Nice depth anyway.

rapidogordo and Andy126 repped this.