PBP: Rapids @ Timbers • 8 pm • Wednesday

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by unkiemark, Nov 3, 2020.

1. pdid10

pdid10 Member+

Aug 8, 2008
    Boulder
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    What do you guys think about the yellow on Zuparic. Shouldn't that be a red? He didn't catch Yarboro with studs or anything but you cant fly into a keeper like that.

at 12:00

2. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah, yellow. Keepers don't have any extra protection in this case

pdid10 repped this.
  3. TheWarmBurger

TheWarmBurger Member+

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Aug 7, 2018
    Arizona

Vines named as a starter for the Team of the Week for the 2nd time in a row! I think it's safe to say we have ourselves an absolute keeper in the LB position. I don't know how he does it, but man does he have an engine. Seriously. He's always in the attack, and it seems like he's always on the defense as well. Fantastic two way player, and it's nice to see him getting league recognition.

Wilson and Acosta also named to the bench for the Team of the Week.

Great job guys. Keep it up

Rod1916 and JasonMa repped this.
  4. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder

5. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    Acosta didn't look like someone who hadn't played in a competitive match in over a month. Not just on the goal, but he jumped in as if he had playing all along.

Also thought that Shinyashiki played one of his better matches of the season. He's looking more dynamic on the wing than earlier in the season. I'm still not convinced the wing is his best position/role, but he's getting more confident with his movements and possessions.

Benezet and Vines continue to combine well on the left side. They seem to read each other very well and are bound to cause more trouble for the opposition in the near future.

Speaking of Vines, I hope he gets some rest in the next match. At some point he's going to run out of gas.

TheWarmBurger repped this.
  6. TheWarmBurger

TheWarmBurger Member+

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Aug 7, 2018
    Arizona
    I was actually thinking about this. He just never stops running. Every game he keeps going. Yet, he never looks gassed.

I wonder if he’s going for the iron man role this year. He’s played every minute of every game so far

7. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS just announced the playoff schedule. All games will be on FOX or ESPN networks except the first two games on Sat the 21st which will only be on TDN/Uni Mas nationally.

8. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    Here's to hoping they (TDN/Uni Mas) have the SAP English working -- they have had all of the UCL matches w/o that option (first world problem).

COMtnGuy repped this.