Rapids Sign Casey Schmidt

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by Gamblor, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Gamblor

Gamblor New Member

May 17, 1999
    http://www.mlsnet.com/content/03/col0318roster.html

2. Turk from Pigs Eye

Turk from Pigs Eye New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    Pigs Eye (St. Paul),
    What does this mean for Schmidt? Didn't he have to sign before he came to camp? Does this mean more money or security? A bona fide roster spot?

3. Northcal19

Northcal19 New Member

Feb 18, 2000
    Celtic Tavern LODO (
    Isn't that 4 bona fide strikers now? Spencer, Carrieri, Schmidt and the other new guy who's name escapes me.

Will any of these 4 end up playing in the midfield? I mean wouldn't that mean that Chung, Henderson, Mastroeni, or Grimandi has to move somewhere else? Like in the back four somewhere?

This line up is starting to look awfully good.

4. Partizan_fc

Partizan_fc New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    New York City
    Zizi Roberts?

Imagine the rapids starting with 4 forewards and 4 midfielders. It would be like a baseball score.

5. Turk from Pigs Eye

Turk from Pigs Eye New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    Pigs Eye (St. Paul),
    I'm imagining the headline on MLSnet.com if Roberts scores two goals in the first game:

ZiZi Tops in MLS.

6. ballboy101

ballboy101 New Member

Aug 1, 2001
    USA
    Last I Heard from Mexico is that he Zizi is looking really good. He seems to be doing excellent. Very good touch on the ball and knocking defenders out left and right. Good for him. I can't wait for the headlines :)

7. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zizi Roberts is supposedly a "total footballer" - he's played literally every position on the field except goalkeeper for Olympiakos. I'm guessing that he'd play in midfield or even in the back quite frequently.

8. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My main worry is Spencer's health. His knee/leg seems to be giving him lots of trouble.

Still, I think a three-some of Carrieri, Roberts and Schmidt might just do okay.

9. Soccerholic

Soccerholic New Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Mile High
    Maybe the Rapids should see if they can average more goals than the Rockies get home runs this year. :D

10. Gamblor

Gamblor New Member

May 17, 1999
    http://www.mlsnet.com/content/03/tcs0320.html

Ballboy101, is that last part true?

11. ballboy101

ballboy101 New Member

Aug 1, 2001
    USA
    See my previous post. I just heard that from Mexico yesterday 3/19. Let me recap. As of yesterday when asked: who is the best player at the Mexico camp so far - answer:Zizi!
    So there you go.
    Then again I thought it was Blake who in a practice game(of mostly rapids reserve players) yesterday scored 3 goals (oops sorry - I don't mean to give out a final result with out [R] in the headlines. Maybe somebody (mod?) can fix it.
    And just on another note: We have now played about 12 games (10-1-1) and only given up 4 goals!!! I can't believe how some other teams/forums/fans (who ever) think our defense in like a sieve???
    I know, I know it's still only preseason, but heck I'm excited.