PBP: Rapids play San Jose again Wed 9/23 7PM at home

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by AlbertCamus, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    We clearly have the better team by 1/2 of an order of magnitude -- how often do we get to say that?

2. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Sorry, you're right. You guys are awful.

Beerking repped this.
  3. pdid10

pdid10 Member+

Aug 8, 2008
    Boulder
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    They did win a bunch of games last year. I think his system requires players to really buy into pressing for the whole game. But once there is any lack of motivation everyone just lets off the pedal.

COMtnGuy and unkiemark repped this.
  4. rapidsmarc

rapidsmarc Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Nov 20, 2019
    2020 keeps on giving...If we keep this up, we make the playoffs, but nobody can be there to experience it.

AlbertCamus repped this.
  5. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  6. Riccardo55

Riccardo55 Member+

Mar 11, 2001
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, maybe chocolates, too.
    Having played man-to-man, they certainly cannot do it well. Rapids turned on them, Give-n-Go, and they backed off and gave us space. Maybe it'll grown on them, but I doubt it.

7. Sports Yak

Sports Yak Member+

Jul 17, 2007
    Lakewood
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    And then try it with a team going from sea level to altitude...

8. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    Well, SJ was as advertised and the Rapids just never really let up. Even at 5-0 they looked like they still wanted to score.

Don't even know where to begin about Bassett. He has developed a knack for getting himself into the right spot at the right time. Also he's all over the pitch in his current role.

It took a while for the Rapids to get going in this one. For a bit it reminded me of the match between these two where the Rapids had a lot of opportunities and couldn't capitalize. But after Lewis' goal they seemed to relax and take their opportunities.

There were times when I felt it showed that the Rapids had been away for three consecutive matches. And didn't really think about that until it was mentioned several times.

Rubio and Namli weren't on the bench tonight. Hope they'll be ready to go on Sunday night.

9. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  10. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    1308969804217356290 is not a valid tweet id

11. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    Happy for Cole, but if he goes in the offseason, that will kind of stink. He'll have gone from "can't get regular minutes for the Rapids" to gone in less than a season.

I will have to start watching the streams to see him!

unkiemark and JasonMa repped this.
  12. TheWarmBurger

TheWarmBurger Member+

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Aug 7, 2018
    Arizona

I mean, the natural counter point would be:

If we’re gonna sell Bassett for 3-5mil....why not pay -and play- the kid like he’s a 3-5mil transfer in. The kids good. Really good. And, at only 19, he’s showing it this year. Heck, if he keeps this trajectory, there’s really no cap to what he can do compares to the rapids history of DPs. Why couldn’t he grow into the DP 10 we’ve all been longing for? And instead of transferring someone in, we just grew the 10 at home

13. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    We need to play SanJose more often.

COMtnGuy, Dom. FC and AlbertCamus repped this.
  14. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was an enjoyable game (other than the initial called back goal). It even made sitting on my computer doing work while watching the game tolerable!

15. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because Bassett almost certainly wants to go to Europe, and can probably develop even better there. And you don't want him to be the next Taylor Twellman.

16. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    In my dreams this would happen. But at this point I would be ecstatic if he were to be here for 2021.

Going further, my dream Rapids side would include five or six homegrowns, all of whom would be contributors to a winning side. I know this isn't going to happen, but the idea of having the foundation of the Rapids be local players is very appealing.

TheWarmBurger repped this.