Rapids officially Adidas for next Year

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by The Legend, Nov 10, 2004.

1. The Legend

The Legend New Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Colorado, Where Lege
  2. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice. I really hope the retail distribution plan gets off the ground. I'm sick of not seeing MLS gear in main stream outlets.

3. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, Rapids gear, at least...

If you get Eurosport or even go to the Bigsoccer store, there ain't much Rapids gear available. Adidas should change all of that. Great move for the Rapids, and MLS.

4. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Giddy up!

5. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I don't think Athletica is the best run company and they seem to have issues with making more than what is required for the team and a few fans. I'm glad everything is going to such a professional company like Adidas.

6. Bilbo

Bilbo New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Box under I-25/ I-70
    All
    Day
    I
    Dream
    About
    Sex

7. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you learn that in 3rd grade?

8. Mr Hanki's Throne

Mr Hanki's Throne New Member

Mar 13, 2001
    Wellington, Colo
    I learned that in fifth grade, 1980.

9. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was only 3 then, so it took me a few more years. I probably got it in 1985.

10. wcgcapone

wcgcapone Member

Feb 6, 2001
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sitting
    Around
    Drinking
    In
    Dad's
    Apartment

11. nowar99

nowar99 Member

Apr 14, 2003
    Boulder
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I remember at one point maybe 4 years ago I did see MLS clothes at Target, but it was MLS branded clothes - not team affiliated. Like I want to walk around with a t-shirt that says "MLS" on it in big letters, and nothing else. This was during their kick of trying to market the MLS brand over the teams.

This can only help the league. MLS marketing borders on inept at times. I doubt Adidas can do worse. Hopefully we are not errrr...misunderestimating things.

And, one last time to Rapids folks: Selling (like you did last year - don't recall if you did it this year) Rapids vanity license plates does not make sense in a state that requires TWO license plates. Bring back the license plate frames.

12. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or get the state to make Rapids plates like they do for CU.

13. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    They can't do that. It's only acceptable to do when an educational institution is in the entertainment business. ;)

I'm suprised that CO doesn't have Elway plates available. Or are they waiting for him to pass away to do that a la West Virginia's #3 plates when Ernhardt passed away?

14. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't encourage them. I don't know what the rules are for those plates. It'd be interesting if they would try.

15. wcgcapone

wcgcapone Member

Feb 6, 2001
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the subject of vanity plates, why is it that every time I get cut off in traffic it's by some ************** with Columbine plates? How about you "Respect Life" by not throwing your SUV in front of me when there's only five feet of room, Buffy?

16. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe it's time to move out of the burbs, back to the city where people drive Minis. :)

17. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a bit off thread topic, but I followed the link to the Rapids website provided in the first post and I see that the Rapids website is still separate from the MLSnet.com network. Why is their website still a separate entity? I'm just curious.

18. Bacchanal

Bacchanal New Member

Jul 4, 2004
    New York
    Saw your thread while I was surfing around Big Soccer, hope you don't mind if I take a whack at it.

The Rapids, and the Revolution, both opted out of the deal that MLB Advanced Media and the league worked out for the company that MLBAM would create (called SportsOnEarth) to handle content, design and hosting of the sites.

Basically the Rapids and the Revolution decided they could do it better and didn't want to share in content or pay for the service. It's interesting, though, if you look at it because those two sites have been stealing content from the MLSnet.com family of sites all year. Video, audio and print pieces have all appeared on Colorado and New England's sites that originally were generated from one of the MLSnet.com group of sites. Nothing will be done about it because those teams are part of the league and the league doesn't want to ruffle too many feathers but it's interesting to note.

As for why the teams won't join the network? I have no idea.

19. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    A total guess here ... but perhaps with the Nuggets, Avs, Crush, Mammoth, and now Rapids ... KSE have thier own web team?

20. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This opens a whole other can of worms, do you outsource of do in house?

21. Rapfan?

Rapfan? New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Colorado
    Because the MLS network is crap...it all looks the same. There is nothing that stands out on the sites...they remind me of a geocities website! Cookie cutter.
    KSE has all their teams linked through the Pepsicenter.com site and I think that is the best way from them to go! I think the Rapids website Rocks! So much nicer than the others! AN ORIGINAL! A STAND OUT! The Only thing KSE has done to make the team stand out from the others thus far. and by others I mean the MLS teams.
    And I asked my rep a while ago and she said the websites are all done at the Pepsi Center by their own web team. Hats off to them.