PBP: Rapids @ Loons • Playoff Round 1 • Sun., Nov. 21 • 5:30 pm ESPN

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by unkiemark, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Sports Yak

Sports Yak Member+

Jul 17, 2007
    Lakewood
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    It’s hard being a Rapids fan. Really hard.

SccrDon, JasonMa, Stuart95 and 1 other person repped this.
  2. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ugh! What a weird and unpredictable season. I hate going out like this. It stings. We’re better than that. We showed glimpses here and there but with some many disruptions to detail us, it’s not surprising the boys go down like this. Maybe it’s a good thing? I don’t know.... I think we are all used to hitting the reset button with the Rapids year after year. It’s just a different reset - a Covid reset - that’s needed. The bones are there for a good team. I don’t think I’m crazy or too bias to say that. We just need to get better. somehow, someway. Let the off-season begin.....

3. TheWarmBurger

TheWarmBurger Member+

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Aug 7, 2018
    Arizona
    I put tonight’s loss solely on Fraser’s shoulders. Minnesota looked like a well coached team, Colorado did not.

The lineup alone could’ve been done by Hudson.

Namli at DMid?!?!?
    Acosta at wingback?!?

What the heck?

Then you’re down 2-0 and you take off your DP? I’m thoroughly confounded.

As far as all the players go, it only looked like Abubakar, Yarbrough, Bassett, and then subs Benezet and Galvan actually wanted to play tonight. Everyone else was lackluster or seemed disinterested in doing anything.

My gosh. What a fitting end to this season. At least we made the playoffs. But tonight was embarrassing.

Sports Yak and JasonMa repped this.
  4. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    I don't like it either but I think it is a wolf howl not a loon which makes it even worse.

5. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    When they finish the other recounts maybe they can look into our #5 seed? I don't think Minnesota will go beyond the next round but they beat us decisively. Sometimes when we were good we were really good but when we were bad it was unwatchable. All in all a team that is inconsistent and below mid-table as often as not shouldn't have been #5 seed?

6. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So a couple of things.

1) Frasier made two critical errors. First was changing the formation. The second was taking way to long to make subs when it was pretty obvious that changes were needed.

2) Roster composition is still a serious issue. This team is in very desperate need of both a top quality striker as well as a CB or DM. This basically boils down to the million dollar question: is the organization unwilling or simply not capable of accomplishing this?

Stuart95 repped this.
  7. Sports Yak

Sports Yak Member+

Jul 17, 2007
    Lakewood
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Thought about it overnight. If I was the FO, the first thing I'd do is solidify the backline. We were exposed yesterday. Wilson has always been iffy. Abu is okay, but needs a strong defender next to him. Rosenberry became less and less relevant as the season progressed.

The year we made a run to the west semi's, we did with it with defense and Timmy in goal. If you only give up one goal, two tops, you are always in the game. And even a blind squirrel kicks a nut in the goal now and then.

I look at all the first round games that went to PKs. Stuff happens when you play defense. It's that kind of sport. (I'm sure we'll discuss what should be done a lot more during the offseason thread.)

8. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    That was bummer. Still, it wasn't a bad season. I just want to go in person to the Dick next year, but that is not in any of our control. At least they made the play-off honorably.

Yes, but they won their "start game" - the season opener - ; it is just "restart" games they suck at. So it should be all wins until the international break.

JasonMa and Dom. FC repped this.
  9. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    Well ... maybe we should get through December so we know there won't be a Covid - 20?

AlbertCamus repped this.