PBP: Rapids @ KFC • 6:30 pm

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by unkiemark, Oct 24, 2020.

1. TheWarmBurger

TheWarmBurger Member+

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Aug 7, 2018
    Arizona
    Well tonight, the Rapids faced a stiff challenge:

First game in a long time

Cold weather

KFC in Kansas City is one of the toughest matchups for anyone

Tonight, I we really looked like a team that hadn’t played, or even practiced together in a month and were up against a top playoff contender that was in mid/late season form
    Oh wait....that’s because we are team that hasn’t practiced together in a month, and faced a playoff contender in their house.

At least we tried for the majority of the game.

Sports Yak, JasonMa and SccrDon repped this.
  2. SccrDon

SccrDon Member+

Dec 4, 2001
    Colorado Springs
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wilson needed to make a better play on the original ball, and he could've covered better. But overall he's a better passer than he is a center back (and he's not that great a passer).

As you can tell, I'm not a fan. I really hope Trusty develops and can make him irrelevant.

3. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    Looks like that month off mostly without being able to even practice together May have cost then the season.

4. Sports Yak

Sports Yak Member+

Jul 17, 2007
    Lakewood
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Not sure I agree that they "tried." Lost virtually every 50-50 ball. I can't remember exactly what the KC announcer said but I think he said the team set a record for winning challenged balls or something like that. (I had never heard of that stat.)

Maybe I'm picking on the forwards too much, but when you don't even get a shot, more less a shot on goal, don't you start playing more physical? Go win a ball and force a shot if necessary. And in a relatively dull game, we started watching Shin. The ball would go down the right side and he'd meander down the left. I love the kid's skill, but Lewis at least showed some life.

This game was a repeat of the first game back at the tournament against RSL. They lost every 50-50 ball there, too. And in that case, both teams were coming off a long break. I'm not disappointed in their lack of sharpness--that was to be expected--but the lack of effort (Abubakar being an exception) was disappointing.

Paranoid Coyote and Totoro repped this.
  5. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    I remember an April night in 2011 at the Dick when I heard and saw the most horrible foul I've ever heard and seen, and I had people around me saying "he got the ball" when the red card was produced.

JasonMa repped this.
  6. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    A fork??

Seems we're all rusty from the layoff.