Rapids - FSL :: Oct 24th

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by prk166, Oct 20, 2009.

1. pdid10

pdid10 Member+

Aug 8, 2008
    Boulder
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    6-0 RSL wins and takes it all. Cup, pride, Toffee.

2. lochlair

lochlair New Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Denver
    Maybe, but it seems everybody thinks Conor is the key. I think Omar is also the key. He needs to produce like he did last time in Sandy, take the pressure off Conor.

3. nowar99

nowar99 Member

Apr 14, 2003
    Boulder
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    2-1 loss. Rapids look out of it for about the first 40 minutes, conceding that RSL plays at altitude and therefore, they must have an advantage. Gay Smith, for some reason, decides to "play the odds" and go for a 0-0 tie (even though I don't think a tie does much for us with the playoffs). With the Rapids falling for signs that proclaim an "Altitude Warning" in effect, RSL takes a 1-0 lead. Suddenly, the Rapids realize that hey, they also play at altitude, and come back in the second half to tie it 1-1. Then, with 5 minutes left to play, the RSL rope-a-dope works and we give up the goal and lose 2-1. Gary Smith decides to try to save all hope and makes 2 defensive subs in the last 5 minutes (in part because our bench is full of defenders) to preserve the deficit. Neither team makes the playoffs, but we do salvage the RMCup.

Actually, I'd also give a 10% chance that RSL, knowing that they have to win by 2 to have a shot at the playoffs, comes in all guns blazing, wide open, which I would think would open it up for Cummings and Casey.

Its amazing what a 6 game winless streak at the end of the season against some of the weaker teams in the league can do to someone's attitude. I blame that game in Chicago a couple of months ago.

4. danfalcons18

danfalcons18 Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    2-1 FSL win. Although I hope I'm wrong. Casey will score in the first half, and then in the 2nd half, the Rapids will stop trying like they always do. FSL will score in the 60th, and then again around the 85th. Just like the Chicago game.

If this isn't the case, I could see Colorado come out and win in a blowout, 3 or 4 to nothing like against Chivas. Of course, the Rapids are terrible on the road, so this game could very well be the end of our playoff hopes-agan.

5. askum33

askum33 New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    Jell-o as the opposite to Toffee? "I'll bet sweet toffee goodness that is wanted the world over, what will you give me?"
    "Oh, I'll bet, um, well, salt? No... I'll bet you green jell-o! That's a fair deal right?"

WTF?!?!?!?

I was excited about this game before, but now that I see this I say kick SLC's butts into the ground and make Kreis cry. Pull every last one of Bekerman's dreds off and feed them to him. Bury Romando neck deep in sand (he's short it won't take long) and smear jell-o all over his face. Putting up jell-o to a Hammonds confectionary is essentially spitting in the face of Mayor Natale. By Extension Dolan has spit in the face of all Coloradoans, and Rapids fans, and needs to suffer. At the very least someone needs to give Dolan a wedgie.
    To those in SLC for the game I say this. Make some green jell-o beforehand and release it on that stupid Lion after the fat lady has sung and his tail is firmly stuck between his legs.
    Jell-o for Hammonds toffee... lame.

6. SoccaJ

SoccaJ Member

Colorado Rapids
    Jun 25, 2007
    Firestone, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2-1 Rapids. Omar gets an assist and a goal. Casey scores the other. FSL scores late shortly after we go up 2-0 and bunker in a match DOMINATED by the sneaky 'Pids.

7. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Matchcenter has the lineup as:

Burpo
    Moor - Gibbs - Baudet - Harvey
    Pablo
    Kimura - LaBrocca - Ballouchy
    Casey - Cummings

I really question Burpo and Gibbs, but maybe they'll prove me wrong.

EDOT: Bench is now up as Diz, Noonan, Dalby, schunk, Holody and Palguta. We should have one more player on the bench, a GK, so my guess is that Ceus is the goalkeeper and having never played this season the MatchCenter can't find him in its database. Makes me wonder what happened to Pickens considering he's not on the injury report.

8. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    Tina is a star - nice smile :)

9. LiquidatorFC

LiquidatorFC New Member

Aug 13, 2009
    DENVER
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any one know where this could be watched in a live stream? for free?

10. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    Mehdi's first pass leads to a chance by RSL

11. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    Gibbs had a great view of the header, from two yards behind the play.

12. nowar99

nowar99 Member

Apr 14, 2003
    Boulder
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    For those of you not watching the game on Fox Sports Utah (aka FSC):

Real goal. Findley.

Yuck.

Still waiting for the Rapids to take the field.

13. Deep Wilcox

Deep Wilcox BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 5, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ya, this is one way traffic so far. Now a YC on Baudet.

14. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate to say I told you so about starting Gibbs and Burpo but... :mad:

Did somebody tell the Rapids 2 months ago that they had clinched a playoff spot? That's the only way to explain the complete lack of urgency in the last 7 games.

15. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently we need to make Colin Clark our DP, because f the team is this toothless without him he's clearly worth the money.

16. askum33

askum33 New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    check your pm. I gave you a link. ;)

17. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    RSL had more possession in the 24th minute then the Rapids had in the first 23 combined.

18. Jimmydinho

Jimmydinho Member+

Jul 6, 2007
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My god, this is shaping up like a thrashing. RSL may get the RM cup here. Just balls lumped over the midfield

19. LiquidatorFC

LiquidatorFC New Member

Aug 13, 2009
    DENVER
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks much appriciated, lets see somthing better than what i've heard is happening

20. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stick a fork in us, we're done. :mad:

(Oh look, its the Gibbs-Burpo combo getting beaten again)

21. nowar99

nowar99 Member

Apr 14, 2003
    Boulder
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Another goal for Real, and the Fox Sports Utah announcers can hardly contain themselves.

22. Taylor FC

Taylor FC New Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Commerce City, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MEDHI SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! He turns the ball over, watches the ball....goal.

23. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    This is a bad team. I'm sorry, but losing one decent player, a sub and a unknown quantity didn't make this team bad.

They went down a goal and still RSL were the aggressors.

Very sad.

Hey plenty of time left.

24. Deep Wilcox

Deep Wilcox BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 5, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Burpo should not have left his line there. Ouch, RSL is crushing the raps right now.

25. Bridgeman

Bridgeman Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Feb 25, 2006
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Give Mehdi an assist on the last rsl goal. My God do we need a no. 10. See ya next yr everyone. Have a nice winter.