Rapids @ Dallas 10/25 - Pre/In-Game/Post [R]

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by TrooperBari, Oct 19, 2003.

1. chilistrider

chilistrider Together We Rise

May 9, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: What If???

Did you mean "arraignments"? ;)

:)

2. cljco

cljco New Member

Jul 8, 2003
    Denver
    Re: Re: Re: What If???

Arraingment/Arrangement... I'd blame it on work and say it's so stressful its spilling over into the rest of my life but since I'm no longer a DDA, I'll just have to 'fess up and admit that I can't spell worth a @#$%. I'm the posterchild for spellcheck.

Screw the radio broadcast. I'm obviously just not gonna know what's going on until the last 4 seconds of the sports segment of the news. But...we just got tickets for the CU/OU game so at least wathching that slaughter will take my mind off this game for a little while.

3. chilistrider

chilistrider Together We Rise

May 9, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Radio... maybe?

According to the schedule thread over in the Burn forum, the game is supposed to be broadcast on KESS (1270 AM), a Spanish-language station in Dallas. This is the station's web page:
    http://kess.netmio.com/homepage/0,2257,SI24-LGes,00.html

Supposedly there's a way to listen to KESS online through penguinradio, but I can't get the stream to work. And I didn't see a "listen live" link anywhere on the KESS web page.

4. gschroeder

gschroeder Member

Jun 18, 2001
    Thornton, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    So I've got 24 hours to learn spanish.

5. cljco

cljco New Member

Jul 8, 2003
    Denver
    Spanish 101

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL.... means someone scored!!

But seriously, you don't have to know that much. You can at least tell who has the ball just by listening to the player names. If you don't hear any Rapids names, then you should be worried! It's better than nothing.

6. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    See the report in the Rocky Mountain News today. Dan Counce fessed up as to why the Rapids didn't televise the game. He basically says that it's not the money $35000 but rather that they could not secure one public access channel for all areas therefore making it a marketing nightmare to try to promote the game when in one area of town it would be ch 21 yet another area of town ch 53 and on and on.

I can kinda buy that. They did however state clearly at the beginning of the season that all of their away games would be televised and they listed the channel as ch21 for the last 3 away game. I already watched games last year and earlier this year on ch 21 so it does sound suspicious.

7. gschroeder

gschroeder Member

Jun 18, 2001
    Thornton, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Yeah because they've always gone out of their way to market games before. I'm guessing since privious games were shown on chan 21 at my house it's safe to say they would be there again. I'm sure we could have figured it out. What it comes down to is if the whole state can't watch or figrue out what channel to turn to, no one can. Kinda lame excuse if you ask me.

8. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    to me that makes sense. they not only would have to buy time on comcast 21 for comcast subscribers in denver, what about boulder, louisville, longmont, fort collins, grand junction, colorado springs... of all the comcast markets in colorado, on denver carries 21, so the game would only be available in denver. each community has their own public access channel, but the rapids would have to pay each one, and advertise different channels for different cities. since they did this in years past and earlier this year they already know how hard it is to negotiate with all the different channels and how hard it is to advertise based on community. it does suck that they didn't just keep comcast 21 so denver and shootout subscribers could pick it up, but anyway...

i sent them an email and they sent a response (i think it was a canned response since someone in the "drive on tv" thread pasted an identical letter from the rapids front office) which said that they have worked out a deal with fox sports to carry ALL of our road games next year, as well as our playoff matches this year.

still, i sure wish they had not dropped the comcasxt 21 broadcasts, since the mls match tracker and spanish radio from dallas just doesn't cut it.

9. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    1-4 Dallas???????????? WTF???????

Colorado - John Spencer - 18'
    Dallas - Bobby Rhine - 19'
    Dallas - Nat Borchers (own goal) - 22'
    Dallas - Toni Nhleko 2 - 31'
    Dallas - Chad Deering - 39'

and it's only halftime...

garlick
    crawford borchers fraser kotchau
    henderson beckerman powell chung
    zizi spencer

10. smudgeyjoe

smudgeyjoe Member

Dec 15, 2001
    Westminster Colorado
    No Excuse!!!!

Since I have been watching DC and KC,(yes, they are on TV) I haven't been keeping up on the Raps. I was excited to see that KC might only get a point, 1-1 going into overtime, but 4-1 at halftime for the Raps. Maybe we need to start the Hankinson watch again. There is no excuse for playing so poorly against the worst team in the league in a meaningful game. Sure doesn't make me hopeful about the playoffs. This is sure going to generate ticket sales for the playoffs, along with the stellar television coverage.
    Maybe they will forge an amazing comeback, but right now, it pretty much makes me sick!!!!

11. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    "1-4 Dallas???????????? WTF???????"

Yup, it's ugly. Rapids have 3 shots (first half) in a game you would think they would want to win. I see Crawford is playing and not Hart. Does that mean the only player on the Rapids roster who is worse than Hart at outside defender is playing instead of Hart. I don't know because TADA do f'n broadcasts.

Time for a comeback :)

ps, maybe they really want to finish 3rd and get the first playoff game. Yeah, that's it, they want to finish third.

pps. The Avs are up 4-1 :)

12. wcgcapone

wcgcapone Member

Feb 6, 2001
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thor scored an OG...

13. wcgcapone

wcgcapone Member

Feb 6, 2001
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Spenny just got his second of the night 4-2

14. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    that puts spencer at 14 for the year!!! 1 behind twellman and the floppy fish!

15. Ingmar4Rapids

Ingmar4Rapids Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Denver, Colorado
    Matchtracker has it into the 74th minute and still 2-4 to the team with the worst record in the league. We need a comback bad, bad, bad.

16. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    interesting that they brought cannon in at halftime. garlick did seem to be having an off-night

17. Ingmar4Rapids

Ingmar4Rapids Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Denver, Colorado
    Into the 80th minute. Rapids are getting a lot of shots on goal but nothing doing.

Garlick got pulled at the half. I wonder if this will let Cannon get his foot in the door for a start.

18. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    CRAFORD SCORES!!!!!!!!! 3-4!!!!

86th minute

19. Ingmar4Rapids

Ingmar4Rapids Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Denver, Colorado
    Rapids still puting pressure on the Burn. One more and they get the chance to win in overtime. Hanging on the Matchtracker reloads.

20. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    well, it's 3-4 dallas. better than 1-4, but still. very disheartening on the way in to the playoffs.

21. spook

spook New Member

Mar 14, 2002
    Lafayette, CO
    My Spanish is certainly rusty but I think the guy said "Martes, tres de Noviembre a Mile High" just as they signed off. Seems like confirmation of the other reports on this board that we'll be a playing Tuesday game...

Anyone else catch that? Have we had any other outside confirmation of the home game date?

22. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    Do we have a goalie controversy?
    Would Hanks really consider starting Cannon?
    Were the goals Garlick's fault?
    Does scoring the last 2 goals of the match constitute "momentum" going into the playoffs?
    Is the record of 0-3-3, the worst of any team entering the playoffs?

How pathetic was it for me to be sitting infront of the TV watching the Buffs, with my laptop having 2 MLSnet event logs on the screen (Rapids & KC)and listening to the Internet radio broadcast of the Avs game?
    On a scale of 1-5, I've got to be way up in double digits.

23. Ingmar4Rapids

Ingmar4Rapids Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Denver, Colorado
    Final: 3-4. We end the regular season under .500 and without a win lately. This may not be the best way to head into the playoffs.

24. spot

spot Member+

Nov 29, 1999
    Centennial
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very sad.

I haven't seen the Rapids actually play for a while, so maybe I'm alone in this, but this team has gone through as many changes as they would have if they started a new season. I'm not sure what to expect with the playoffs. It'll be interesting to see what Rapids team shows up.

25. GreatZar

GreatZar Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Mar 29, 1999
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boy, you ain't just whistling Dixie...:(