PBP: Rapids at SKC sat. Aug. 28th 7pm

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by AlbertCamus, Aug 27, 2021.

1. TheWarmBurger

TheWarmBurger Member+

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Aug 7, 2018
    Arizona
    But, if we’re looking at the bright side, we’ve also gone toe to toe with the cream of the crop of the league and for the most part held our own.

Tonight we went into the “Blue Hell” which is one of the toughest places to play in the league, let alone for the Rapids. They hit the post, forced a goal line clearance, and forced Yarbrough to make some good saves.

We hit the post twice, and forced Melia into a good save as well.

Getting a road point against teams higher on the table is crucial. How many times in the past would we have written this game off as an easy L? Especially with how well KC was dominating our midfield?

The Bassett post shot and the Kaye post shot makes a draw feel almost like a loss - and that’s a good result on the road for anybody.

2. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All of that is true. But at some point you have to beat the best to be the best. So far we haven't done that. Of course of the 7 games against the 3 teams above us we only et 3 of them at home. But we let 2 of those 3 get by us as draws.

AlbertCamus, Andy126 and TheWarmBurger repped this.
  3. Andy126

Andy126 Member

Mar 31, 2017
    I’ll take the point. Gritty point earned. SKC was the better team tonight but MAN we should’ve stole one tonight. We definitely left two points on the field.

I agree with those saying it’s a hard fought well won point. But also agree with those saying f* sake, at some point we need to take that next step up.

It was literally set up on a platter for us tonight. Just teed up. I’ll take the point….but MAN!

Stuart95, TheWarmBurger and JasonMa repped this.
  4. Andy126

Andy126 Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Also agree that Cole has clearly earned his way to the bench. Hate to see it but it’s unquestionable. MK fills his role on the field much better. Him and Acosta have been solid in the midfield. Agree that Cole has to “get out of his own head” at this point. Ton of sloppy possession, sloppy turnovers, etc.

Sports Yak repped this.
  5. pdid10

pdid10 Member+

Aug 8, 2008
    Boulder
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Bassett still makes good attacking movements to get himself in the right places. And his misses have been inches off not feet. He will turn it around.

6. TheWarmBurger

TheWarmBurger Member+

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Aug 7, 2018
    Arizona
    You can teach finishing. You can teach ball control. He needs to work on those big time lately.

What you can’t teach is game sense. You are absolutely correct. He’s getting into the good areas constantly just not doing the right thing with it.

JasonMa repped this.
  7. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Road points are always good ... however, this was a good opportunity to gain ground on a Western Conference rival.

Andy126, MrPerfectNot and JasonMa repped this.
  8. Sports Yak

Sports Yak Member+

Jul 17, 2007
    Lakewood
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    After 24 hours of reflection... It was the flipside of the game at the Dick where the Rapids dominated for a tie; in this case KC dominated for a tie.

After watching the Mexico game, I was expecting Acosta to be more involved than he has been. He's played well, but I guess I was expecting him to dominate.

So who starts at forward? Galvan was pretty much non-existent yesterday. Barrios had energy, but didn't get many touches. Rapids had trouble moving the ball from defense to offense, but I'm not sure why.

Andy126 repped this.
  9. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Rod1916

Rod1916 Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
  11. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like cope to me.

13. Paranoid Coyote

Paranoid Coyote Member+

Oct 21, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Their goal came off of a bad placement on a free kick so I guess we're all even. If the ball is placed where the foul happened the kick goes off or over the crossbar.

TheWarmBurger and Sports Yak repped this.