Rapids 2015 Season Catch-All

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by m vann, Mar 5, 2015.

1. AvaiBunton

AvaiBunton Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was trying to figure it out, whats the number we're officially eliminated? I think we have to win 4 of 7 remaining games and get help right and not tie anymore? @JasonMa I'm guessing you've got it...

2. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    Pretty sure ties are still better than losses -- at least numerically, doesn't change the 4 wins still needed though?

3. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    There are too many teams and too many remaining games and too many possible results to make it a nice tidy back of a napkin math problem.

I stick to the basic truth, we were finished in June.

4. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    5 wins probably. 46 has been the average points for the 6th placed team since we went to 34 games and the West is looking more like 48 is likely going to be necessary.

5. UxSxAxfooty

UxSxAxfooty Member+

Jan 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    COMtnGuy repped this.
  6. JackSwaninCO

JackSwaninCO Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    Maybe that's been the problem - no one taught Pablo how to play FM properly.

Or.. Pablo's building his lineups based off whatever works most frequently in FM simulations. "But we won that match 80% of the time in Football Manager! Why won't the players play like they did in the sim? Padraig?! "

7. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    Massive apologies to dis mem ber ment.

8. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO

He grew a beard started talking with a brogue and got a job, the joke's on us fellas.

COMtnGuy, fortcollins and JasonMa repped this.
  9. Cos_Mos

Cos_Mos Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Broomfield
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasn't he also Ihaveabeard after dismemberment got banned? All is becoming clear.

COMtnGuy, Jimmydinho and m vann repped this.
  10. fortcollins

fortcollins Member+

St. Louis City SC
    Apr 12, 2006
    Fort Collins
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYP.

The "10-out-of-10" nil-nil in Philadelphia pretty much set the stage for all that has followed. The team was dead way back then. It's just still waiting for a doctor to show up and pronounce it dead.

jayd8888 repped this.
  11. GreatGonzo

GreatGonzo Member+

Jul 1, 1999
    MA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    To be fair though, there's a big difference between using the FM database to narrow down a general search (I want a fast and physically strong defender, bringing back Andrew Farrell and Marvell Wynne, not bringing back James Riley) and using the FM database (and just the FM database) to conclusively say that Chance Myers is the best player ever and why don't we trade for Chance Myers and guys, seriously, we could get Chance Myers for Davy Armstrong and a sack of potatoes.

COMtnGuy, Rod1916, m vann and 1 other person repped this.
  12. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good god. Those databases are literally created by fan volunteers. I know because I was responsible for the Rapids database for a couple of years (2010 and 2011 I think). Maybe the European-based players are better scouted but I would take the MLS player ratings with as many grains of salt that are in the Great Salt Lake.

Stuart95 repped this.
  13. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    He always wanted really tall defenders and then we got this backline put together I thought he would come in and comment on it, but I'm still waiting to find out his take.

14. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Bridgeman

Bridgeman Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Feb 25, 2006
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has anyone figured out why the Rapids would have the "meet the team" get together during the Broncos home opener? At Elitches no less? When I started getting the emails I had trouble believing my eyes. Was there a decent turnout?

16. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So your the reason why we won the CUP!

Sports Yak and JasonMa repped this.
  17. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably because Elitches would be cheap to rent during the Broncos home opener since nobody would be there.

Jimmydinho repped this.
  18. GreatGonzo

GreatGonzo Member+

Jul 1, 1999
    MA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    With two home games left to play (RSL, Montreal), we have a -2 goal differential at home. At the moment, we are currently the only team in the league with the dubious honor of having a negative home goal differential. Philadelphia and NYCFC are at 0 GD at home. Not as bad as teams in past years - DC United and Chivas USA both had double-digit negative home GD - but still pretty freaking bad.

COMtnGuy and Sports Yak repped this.
  19. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By cheap you mean free. Kroenke owns Elitches.

22SteveD, wormhole, kucsdat and 2 others repped this.
  20. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, well then its someway for KSE to make money off all the fans buying food, souvenirs, etc. at a time when Elitches would be dead due to the broncos home opener.

21. teddy_montoya

teddy_montoya RapidsThugLife

Nov 9, 2006
    Supporters Terrace
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am interested to see what KSE and the investment groups does with Elitches. Everyone knows that the size of the park is too small. But you really can't redevelop the land because the literally paved over rail lines and what not to create Elitch Gardens.

http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_28260454/local-investment-team-led-by-kroenke-buys-elitch

22. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    I got five dollars that says they will not improve it.

It's just not... possible.

23. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    Also a fair assumption that it wasn't purchased for its current revenue stream with the intention of business as usual for the foreseeable future -- despite what it says about retaining current management. It may be that the land is more valuable for something else than an amusement park -- whatever that might be.

24. Jimmydinho

Jimmydinho Member+

Jul 6, 2007
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1224 Jimmydinho, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
    64 acres for Elitches now and 914? acres for Dicks Complex as it sits.

now simply just move Dicks SGPark to downtown and Elitches to CCity. Voila, all the problems are solved, Elitches has more land to expand on, Rapids have their coveted 24-35 year old fan base along with a KSE new alternate downtown concert/festival venue and Commerce City has an exciting new tenant with a more lucrative tax revenue.

easy, right?

25. jimijam28

jimijam28 Member+

Nov 9, 2010
    Denver area
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i can see elitches moving out maybe too around dicks, but the sea of parking lots pepsi center and now what is elitches is going too be condos,office bulidings, and LA live thingy. KSE is going too make a killing soon

Stuart95 and JasonMa repped this.