Rape/Sexual Assault Culture - Part 2

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by argentine soccer fan, Jun 27, 2022.

1. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Glass house, white Ferrari, live for New Year's Eve. Sloppy steaks at Truffoni's. Big, rare cut of meat with water dumped all over it. Water splashing around the table makes the night so much more fun. After the club, go to Truffoni's for sloppy steaks. They'd say, "No sloppy steaks." But they can't stop you from ordering a steak and a glass of water. Before you knew it, we were dumping that water on those steaks. The waiters were coming to try and snatch 'em up. We had to eat as fast as we could. Oh, I miss those nights.

Bluto11 and rslfanboy repped this.
  2. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  3. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's from a Netflix show "I Think You Should Leave".

feyenoordsoccerfan and Auriaprottu repped this.
  4. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
  5. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mike03 and rslfanboy repped this.
  7. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wait, doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose? They both need to meet Vern Schillinger.

8. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that there is video evidence, Ditty apologizes. Yeah, too late.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/19/entertainment/diddy-combs-apology-video-cassie/index.html

“It’s so difficult to reflect on the darkest times in your life, but sometimes you got to do that,” Combs said in a video statement posted to Instagram. “I was f**ked up — I hit rock bottom — but I make no excuses. My behavior on that video is inexcusable.”

He continued: “I take full responsibility for my actions in that video. I am disgusted. I was disgusted then when I did it. I’m disgusted now.”

Oh, you were disgusted then? Really seems like you were, when it took a video +48 hours for you to come forward with some kind of self-serving apology.

Combs did not mention Ventura by name.

Ventura’s attorney Meredith Firetog said in a statement on Sunday following the release of Combs’ apology: “Combs’ most recent statement is more about himself than the many people he has hurt. When Cassie and multiple other women came forward, he denied everything and suggested that his victims were looking for a payday. That he was only compelled to ‘apologize’ once his repeated denials were proven false shows his pathetic desperation, and no one will be swayed by his disingenuous words.”

9. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    So apologizing only after video evidence appears? Combs should have been a cop.

10. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is a very long expose....Really sick stories. First paragraphs.

They served in police departments big and small. They were new recruits and seasoned veterans, patrol officers and chiefs of police. They understood the power of their guns and badges. In many cases, they used that very power to find and silence their victims.

A Washington Post investigation has found that over the past two decades, hundreds of law enforcement officers in the United States have sexually abused children while officials at every level of the criminal justice system have failed to protect kids, punish abusers and prevent additional crimes.

All the while, children in every state and the District of Columbia have continued to be targeted, groomed and violated by officers sworn to keep them safe.

fatbastard, soccernutter and Auriaprottu repped this.
  11. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    Ain’t no way I’m reading that, although I thoroughly respect the reporting.

bigredfutbol and luftmensch repped this.
  12. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll eventually read it, but saw it this morning and I'm, "Nope, not reading." Need to be in the right headspace for that.

bigredfutbol, raza_rebel and charlie15 repped this.
  13. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't need headspace. I am a Black man in America. Nothing in that article can equal the slings and arrows of racism we experience collectively. But it loads slow, and that does trigger me..

14. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only the best people......I am confused though, I thought the Dems were the pedophiles?

Former North Dakota state Sen. Ray Holmberg (R) has signed an agreement indicating he will plead guilty to a “child sex tourism” charge, the North Dakota Monitor reports.

In the agreement, the longtime legislative leader acknowledges he repeatedly traveled to Prague, Czech Republic, for the purposes of engaging in commercial sex with adolescents under age 18, the document states.

Auriaprottu repped this.
  15. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    One more conservative off the streets.

Mike03 repped this.
  16. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Posting here, though it could equally go in the Academia thread.

https://www.wgbh.org/news/local/202...ck-scholars-and-the-scholars-are-pushing-back

[Karen] Mapp, who was recently named “professor of practice,” [at Harvard] has never been targeted. But she worries that right-wing activists will unfairly pick apart her hard-won academic achievements as they have with other Black female scholars since the resignation of former Harvard President Claudine Gay over plagiarism allegations.

Already this year, three other Black women from Harvard have faced publicized plagiarism charges in the last few months. Some Harvard faculty, a plagiarism expert and civil rights leaders believe the accusations are racially motivated. And a columnist for the student newspaper, The Harvard Crimson, described the campaign as a “witch hunt” against Black women and advocates of diversity, equity and inclusion in higher education.

The department chair of Harvard’s sociology department wrote the university’s student paper, The Crimson, that same month to publicly denounce the accusations.

“We find these bogus claims to be particularly troubling in the context of a series of attacks on Black women in academia with the clear subtext that they have no place in our universities,” Frank Dobbin wrote.

17. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    From sea to shining sea...

18. phedre44

phedre44 Member

SKC
    Apr 1, 2008
    Kansas
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Today in: Why Can't Men Act Right?

Recently took up a new coed indoor team on Sundays. After our game last night, one of the other gals on the team asks to speak to all the ladies in private. The week before, she had stuck around chatting with the league manager (the employee of the facility who sets game times, makes sure everyone pays their dues, arranges referees, and handles all the customer service issues). She mentioned to him that her cat had died, and his response? "I'll pet your kitty."

She reported him to the head manager, and of course, nothing of substance is going to be done.

This creep is also the league manager on Mondays, which is the only day they have women's leagues.

19. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    :eek::eek::eek:

:sick::sick::sick:

20. superdave

superdave BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Y’all should show up tonight in burqas.

21. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV

These stories are always insane to me and make me wonder how they manage to ******** up threat assessment to this degree when releasing a potentially dangerous individual.

Mike03, rslfanboy and soccernutter repped this.
  22. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    How? The perpetrator here is a native born white man, not an immigrant. Therefore: not a threat.

Mike03, xtomx, soccernutter and 3 others repped this.