Rank the 32 World cup teams

Discussion in 'World Cup 2014: General' started by vancity eagle, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    #1301 Rickdog, Dec 25, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
    First let me start with this "golden brochure", of you know who :
    Now my reply :
    Yeah, we got eliminated by you guys, but as a diference to other times where you eliminated us, we had a draw with you guys this time, and not the regular 3 or 4 goal beatings that you use to give us, when you confronted us. After the match ended, Brazil couldn't beat Chile. Yeah we lost our chance to go through, but at the end, we still were happy in not losing. While at the same time, brazilians were crying even if at the end they eliminated us.

Strange world isn't it ?
    eliminated ones (Chile) sad for the elimination, but proud of what we'd achieved, while those who went through (Brazil) were crying. May I remind you how your players were weeping after the match :

Guess who made them cry : .............that's right, WE did,

You see, both of our teams have diferent goals here. We like playing great, while you guys prefer to go through, even if it is doing a sorrow spectacle of yourselves (at semi's and from there on, you really did it, this time).
    Another thing, Chile did something that Brazil couldn't do : we beated categoricly a past WC champion and tied at their own home against another, more than enough reasons to be proud of.
    At the end we made both, the biggest favourites to win the WC before the WC started, to cry.
    Oh and yes, we also had a more honorable defeat against the same team that ridiculized you guys for the 3rd place match, which was our only defeat in the WC. Fact.

Sore loser ?

Nahh, on the contrary a very happy and proud one of what we achieved.
    ;)

2. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    OK, so not sore; just a loser. Because, see, losers like to celebrate good tournaments and honorable rankings (well, they have no wins to celebrate so they must be content with lesser rewards), while winners like Brazil only celebrate wins.

Chile's World Cups = zero
    Brazil's World Cups = five

So, naturally, more used to winning, Brazil won't even celebrate second place; it will be seen as a disgrace.
    Chile, the losers, will be thrilled if they make second place, or lower - this time it was what, 9th?

Now, congratulations for hijacking this thread and making it a Brazil vs. Chile thread = we really do get into your heads, huh? Now, go back to celebrating your honorable tournament. Me, I'll just wait for the next one and will root for a real win (which might be coming... after Dunga took back the command from Felipao, Brazil won all games with clean sheets except for one conceded goal in a penalty kick). Brazil did poorly this time in the WC but always recovers (we have a large pool of talent and our Selecao always renovates from generation to generation and becomes competitive again). Chile on the other hand... has never won anything, just did a little less bad this time which made you guys all excited. It's pitiful, actually.

3. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In hindsight, it would have been better for Brazil to lose against Chile and save themselves the humiliation of what happened later. They were also extremely lucky that the post saved Pinilla's shot with two minutes remaining in overtime, Chile deserved the win.

4. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    also a Chile vs Colombia wouldn't turn into a tae kwon do display

Pipiolo repped this.
  5. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Last two times Chile Played Colombia they did get red cards though...
    ... so you never know...

6. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    true, let me just rephrase that
    under "South American standards" should be a more clean game :ROFLMAO:

7. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  8. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If the referee was fair and Mexico weren't robbed against Cameroon and Croatia wasn't robbed against Brazil, then Mexico would have came first and Brazil second.

Brazil would have been knocked out comfortably by Netherlands and then Chile and Mexico would be the quarterfinal.

It's called FOOTBALL and Jsean repped this.
  9. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Or not. It's a question of momentum. A demoralized, Neymar-less, depressed Brazil fighting for nothing lost 3-0 to the Netherlands. A motivated, fierce, energized Brazil with Neymar (and one that wouldn't have had the entire world against them because of the Fred dive against Croatia) maybe wouldn't have lost to the Netherlands in the round of 16. Also, if we are to engage in What Ifs, that header from Neymar in the game against Mexico that was saved by an astounding miracle by the Mexican goalie, maybe would have been a goal, and Brazil would have still finished first.

Like I said, I'm against What Ifs and I think the real ranking is the correct one for better or worse, but in accepting What Ifs then you have to consider all alternatives, and you can't simply assume that a result that happened in the 3rd place match would be the same result in the round of 16.

10. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    #1310 Rickdog, Dec 28, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
    The only game in the WC, where Neymar could have meant anything, for Brazil, was against Cameroon. Played like crap or was definitively inexistent, against Croatia (should have received a red card or at least a yellow for the elbow against the croatian player), inexistent against Mexico ( Ochoa needed no miracle, he was pure class, at least lots more than the brazilian flopper), he was inexistent against Chile (only appeared in the last pk shoot and for the cries after the match), and bearly present against Colombia. The only thing that he did a lot, was flop for nothing, against the sight of whomever looked at him with a fierce look. The kid at the WC, was nothing more than one of the most over rated players in the world.
    Besides, last WC before 2014, Brazil was eliminated by this same Netherlands team. If Brazil couldn't beat Chile in 120 minutes, less likely it is that they would've done a better thing against the Netherlands, whom were a lots tougher team than we were.
    Case of Brazil, going through as second in group, Mexico would have confronted Chile at the round of 16 (not at quarterfinals), where anyone could've won.

Again you are wrong.

The 4 best places in the WC, don't reflects rankings at the WC.
    It only reflects the final position, each team got.
    Going for the "if's", Brazil could've lost with any of the other 3 eliminated quarterfinalists "if" confronted against them (same for almost every 4th placed team, as they get there by losing their two last games)

At least, we've never been scored on, more than 4 times on a single match, at the WC, ever.
    And least of all, playing at home.

:p

11. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    1. You show your anti-Brazil bias quite clearly, ignoring what Neymar did and can do. You are wrong. He is one of the best players in the world.
    2. I never said rankings show who is best. I just said the official finishing positions are the ones that *matter,* for better or worse. Your reading comprehension is atrocious. You say I'm "wrong" for saying something I never said, LOL. Pitiful.
    3. Even nations with great footballing traditions have had bad moments. Spain was pathetically eliminated in first round. The same happened to France and to Argentina way back. Brazil lost that game to Germany - but Germany itself had been eliminated shamefully from a previous Cup. However all the above nations have won World Cups (and some others did too), unlike Chile. Like I said, you celebrate what you can, that is, you are happy because Brazil did poorly (only losers take their solace from someone else's disgrace instead of from their own wins), and you are happy because in your view you had a good tournament (debatable; you were eliminated - again - by the very team you put down so much, so if Brazil sucks that much, what does it say about Chile which was eliminated by Brazil - again? LOL), and this is because YOU NEVER WON ANYTHING! Loser!

Now, your posts are so uninteresting, that from this point on I'm putting you on my Ignore list. No need to read a Chile fan-boy who is bitter against Brazil and demonstrates it over and over like a broken record. Good bye.

12. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    For one who talks about atrocious reading comprehension, you really make the tops of it.
    I never said he was a bad player. He is highly over rated, which is something completely diferent. And the other thing I said about him, is this in this WC, he was intrascendent in anything in whatever brazil did or achieved. he is not the first player, and sure will not be the last, whom has the "great player" sign all over him, whom at the WC doesn't play up to what is expected from him (there are plenty of those around).

Oh yes, and also called him a world class "flopper", in which case many think the same thing I do, he always is diving and exagerating things that have never happened, to the point where almost everybody recognizes he is faking it, reasons why referee's don't fall in his acts as they did at first, because the kid has zero credibility. So when it actually happens (as it happened at the WC against Colombia, when he almost broke his back), almost no one believed him, including among them the whole referee staff at the match.

At last you've been saying at many times over and over again, that the final positions are the reflection of the final rankings at the WC, hating and giving no credibility to the fact that some others have pointed out to you that Brazil could have been beaten by France and Costa Rica, the same as you are doing to me right now.

So you will put me in your ignore list.
    Child, now I will not be able to sleep any longer over it.......:rolleyes: