Ranieri, Cosmi or Prandelli?

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by bobarino, May 28, 2004.

1. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Who would you rather see lead Roma next season?

The reasons to select Ranieri are obvious, but what will Cosmi bring to the capital city? If Prandelli can continue to improve our young talent (Cassano, De Rossi, Mexes) as he did at Parma, and if he can bring Gilardino with him, does that move him ahead of Ranieri? I'm sure Totti will have some say in this. What do you say?

2. Carletto Mazzone

Carletto Mazzone New Member

Feb 13, 2004
    i like ranieri. E UNO DI NOI!!!! prandelli is a good coach but i have my reservations about him. cosmi.........good coach but he is young and is he ready to guide a team into the champions league and to the scudetto? i think that cosmi is great and he is a romanista but to take a coach that is barely staying in A this year (and who might still not make it in A) is risky. i say give the team to a roman!!!!!

3. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I like Ranieri also. He will defenitely bring passion to the squad. But what if Prandelli and Gilardino were a packaged deal. Would that change your decision?

4. Carletto Mazzone

Carletto Mazzone New Member

Feb 13, 2004
    i would actually rather see montella reinvigorated. it will be interesting to see what happens with him.

prandelli is a good coach. i just heard on retesport that prandelli has a verbal agreement with fiorentina but everything depends on their promotion. ranieri is my favorite of all of the coaches being mentioned. zeman has also been mentioned because of his anti-juve sentiment and because he has a cloce relationship with totti but i don't think that zeman is the right choice for this roma.

poor form? lighten up! so' romano e dico cose che voglio!

5. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It's Prandelli. Gilardino to follow?

Cesare Prandelli has been appointed as the new coach of Serie A club Roma, according to Italian media reports.

The appointment of Prandelli comes after a dramatic day which had started with the announcement that Fabio Capello had defected from Roma to become coach of Juventus.

Prandelli, who has been in charge of Parma for the past two seasons, had been touted as one of two candidates for the Juventus post vacated by Marcello Lippi with Monaco boss Didier Deschamps the other.

But Juve, whose directors have a history of antagonism with Roma president Franco Sensi, pulled off an astonishing coup by luring Capello from Roma.

The former AC Milan boss' successful stint in the Eternal City included the 2001 Scudetto, only the third in the history of the giallorossi.

"The new coach (Cesare Prandelli) has agreed a three year contract," www.gazzetta.it reported late on Friday

6. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I consider myself to be a fan of Roma, though I don't get to see them play very much. I didn't get to see a match when I was in Rome last October, but I did try to track them on the highlight shows and in the papers. I have a scarf, if that means anything. :)

As someone who is fan of Chelsea, if Roma hires Claudio Ranieri I will be pleased, as I think he is a fantastic manager. I think Abramovich is insane to let him walk away in favor of Mourinho. I think the Roma faithful will be very happy to have Claudio.

Anyway, sorry to barge in here. That's my opinion of the situation.

7. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Ah well, disregard my last post.