Rangers v United [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Soccerholic, Oct 20, 2003.

1. MikeyM

MikeyM New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Frisco, TX.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What was the gift?

2. petezuke17

petezuke17 Member

May 7, 2003
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No Utd got screwed by the referee was a PK for Utd as Scholes was dragged down. Hope there is no issue with GD at the end of the group

3. MikeyM

MikeyM New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Frisco, TX.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    But at the end of the day, it's 3 points in the bag. It's probably the only points Rangers will drop @ home. So while not an artistic triumph, it was effective in result.

Also the Korean commentators are great. Can only understand the names & HEADING, but they do get excited.

4. ManUtd R16

ManUtd R16 New Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Berkeley, CA
    I just went through all 9 pages of this thread, and I have say, the commentary here is much more interesting than the commentary from UEFA.com, heh.

It's too bad I missed the live webcast as I was in class, but it sounds like an exciting game and I'm glad United won the match. Good stuff!

Anyone find it interesting that United have scored 7 goals in Europe thus far and with 7 different players?

5. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oops, I misunderstood the commentary. I can't view the match, so I rely on the commentary here.

OK, another gift for Rangers. :)

6. USsupport

USsupport New Member

Aug 4, 1999
    Arlington, VA, USA
    jeez, another one shooting from the hip.

7. toby

toby New Member

Feb 10, 2003
    SoCal
    i don't know about any of you who watched the match, but i came away feeling that united were lucky to leave ibrox with 3 pts. rangers had many good opportunities throughout. they applied pressure and seemed to control the possession of the ball. howard did have some very timely saves and p. nev came away with my man of the match. not only did he score the lone goal but he had a goal line save when howard was out of position.

8. Soccerholic

Soccerholic New Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Mile High
    I didn't think Tim was out of position on the play. He knew Neville was there and he let him clear the ball. Both Neville and Tim had good matches, btw.

Phil Neville. You can't stop him. You can only hope to contain him.

9. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's how you traditionally win away matches in Europe. That's also the reason Fergie has adopted the 4-5-1. Yes, the other team had more posession time than usual with that particular formation, but we never appeared to be "scrambling" back to cover, we looked pretty solid except for the 2 or 3 half-chances Rangers got...

We also looked like we could still score at any moment as well.

You could say that our goal almost came too early. But I won't. :D

10. Ferris

Ferris New Member

Mar 31, 2003
    The biggest problem I saw was some horrendous passing down near the Rangers goal...especially by Giggs. Otherwise it was a good game, Keane played well, and I thought Fortune did very well.

11. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's nice to see that BBC.com gave Tim Howard the highest rating of any player on either team for this match (8/10).

12. voodoodiver

voodoodiver Member

Jun 21, 2002
    FLL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, I think there's something right with that!

13. Lancashire Lad

Lancashire Lad New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Lancashire
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Good Win!

Good result...well played Howard, Keane, Giggs and Phil Neville. I was impressed by Howard, he played well, but not man of the match.

Man of the Match = Roy Keane

closely followed by Giggs, some great play and skill. Forget Bergkamp - Giggs can do anything you can do better, well except probably shooting :D
    Did you see Giggs do the step over Ronaldo will be jealous.

On the whole United were solid. Should have had a penalty, but we can play alot better. Ot game should be interesting.

Back on track Lads!! 3 points taking us to 6 and closer to 10.