Rangers v Livorno

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by Burkies Ginger Mop, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Burkies Ginger Mop

Burkies Ginger Mop New Member

May 20, 2004
    London
    Bad feeling about this now. Think we are looking at a defeat they way things are going. I hope he brings McGregor and Boyd back in.

2. nach0king

nach0king Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Dallas Proper
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I doubt he will bring either back.

Livorno won and won well at the weekend, while Rangers... didn't.

I wouldn't actually mind seeing both Rangers and Celtic advance in Europe this season.

3. Burkies Ginger Mop

May 20, 2004
    London
    I can’t see anything other than a defeat. We are fat too lightweight a team.

4. Burkies Ginger Mop

May 20, 2004
    London
  5. Parkhead_Faithful

Parkhead_Faithful New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Heard hes on his way back to manure shortly.

I think you might get a draw actually, livorno are no mugs but I think le pew has a better grasp of the european game than the domestic scottish one. An utterly dire nil-nil isnt out of the question I think.

6. Burkies Ginger Mop

May 20, 2004
    London
    I’d take that at the moment. I think he has underestimated the standard of Scottish football in general. He needs time. You don’t really get that at Rangers or Celtic. There are already idiots calling for him to be sacked.

7. Parkhead_Faithful

Parkhead_Faithful New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    If he comes good he'll win them over, strachan in the course of one season with us is the prime example, after artmedia I myself would have served his head on a silver platter. I think youre right in that he severely underestimated the level of scottish football, but he wouldnt be alone in that, the entire world does to be honest, his buys reflect it though. Sebo looks mince, top scored in austria for 2 seasons or something was he? Papac I think has potential as does clement. He outspent celtic this summer too, our big deals came off the back of petrovs money.

If he doesnt turn it round by christmas he might walk, and if he does you will probably end up in the same situation we did in the late 90's in appointing a new manager every year.

8. Burkies Ginger Mop

May 20, 2004
    London
    Hmmm. Looks like I’m going to have to stay late at work. A blessing in disguise?

I suppose we shall see in the morning.

9. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  10. nach0king

nach0king Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Dallas Proper
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Yep, first win in a competitive match for a Scottish side in Italy.

This was not a lucky victory, Rangers completely deserved it. Livorno were rotten.

11. Burkies Ginger Mop

May 20, 2004
    London
    What can I say! Did not expect that at all. Far more comfortable than the 2-3 score suggested.

Need to beat St Mirren on Sunday now.