Rangers January Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by Burkies Ginger Mop, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Burkies Ginger Mop

Burkies Ginger Mop New Member

May 20, 2004
    London
    Could be an interesting one.

From the sounds of it Webster is on his way. At least we will have a defender who can head the ball.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/6231867.stm

Also linked with Brown and Thompson. I'd like to see the pair of them at Ibrox.

As for being linked with Alan Gow! I've not seen enough of him. Is he good enough?

2. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Not sure about Gow, reminds me of Boyd non existant agianst top clubs. Rumor is that Brown will sign for you within the following week.

3. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    The named trio will do well. Gow has never impressed me but I haven't bothered to watch much of the SPL this season...

4. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    I really would rather have received a few million from Charlton and lose Borwn then have him go to Gers. Can we have Murray back?

5. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I will trade you Pearson, Riordan for Brown and Thompson. :)

6. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis

I really like Thompson, but I'd take that in a second--assuming of course that we didn't already have Brown.

7. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    I never rated Gow when he played for the scum at airdrie utd. Although that was 3 seasons ago and he's quite highly rated at falkirk, scores some cracking goals. I get the feeling he would disapear at Rangers and resurface at Bristol City or the like.

Thomson and Brown would be great signings for Rangers. I hope they go to the Premiership though.

I expect Rodriguez to be the first of many below-par foriegners to be cleared out.

8. Burkies Ginger Mop

May 20, 2004
    London
    I've not seen enough of Gow. I've been told he is a determined lad though and every time he has been asked to step up a level he has.

I'd love to see Brown and Thompson at Rangers but the patriotic side of me would like to see them at a mid table premiership side for a couple of years where they would actually get a game.

9. nach0king

nach0king Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Dallas Proper
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Fair enough that Gow's always managed a step up but his first season in the SPL with Falkirk wasn't great; only in the last few months has he really hit form.

Were this even 5 or 6 years ago Rangers wouldn't look twice at him, however. That's not to say he won't be good for them now, but that more sums up the rest of the squad than anything else.

Incidentally... unlucky, behrs :D http://sport.scotsman.com/football.cfm?id=57092007

10. Burkies Ginger Mop

May 20, 2004
    London
    Brilliant. :mad:

"Rangers have stepped up their bid to sign defender David Weir from Everton after Andy Webster's move from Wigan hit a hitch. (Daily Record)"

Rangers boss Walter Smith will axe several players and aims to bring in up to six new players during January. (Daily Express)

If Dailly signs I'm not sure what I'll do but it will not be pretty. :mad:

11. Burkies Ginger Mop

May 20, 2004
    London
  12. Parkhead_Faithful

Parkhead_Faithful New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    See no upside in the Wier signing, McCulloch would be a decent signing however, Im thinking the piss take offer was to get it in the papers and unsettle him so he can request a transfer and thus rangers will get him for less, so much for the war chest.

13. Burkies Ginger Mop

May 20, 2004
    London
    I actually think the opposite. Ok Weir is a short term fix but I think he will do a job. However I don't rate McCulloch at all. He is a big lumbering eejit.

14. 'Chopper'

'Chopper' New Member

Oct 26, 2006
    Norwich, Norfolk, UK
    Burkie's Ginger Mop,

Hear, hear!

Big Davie will do you a good job (better than Ugo would!), in the short term and McCulloch, well, not my cup of tea ..... and I'm a disillusioned Jambo!:eek:

15. nach0king

nach0king Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Dallas Proper
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    McCulloch will do fine since any other incumbent of that position at Rangers is 1) injured, 2) shite, 3) both.

16. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    :D, right you are

17. Parkhead_Faithful

Parkhead_Faithful New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    I have to admit I didnt think much of weir but he seems to be the only defender at the club that can deal with a cross ball. :D

Walters regime seems to adhere to the kicking anything that moves and going down rather easily mentality, dunfermline really should be level.

18. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Pars really are crap they should have gone down years ago.

19. Burkies Ginger Mop

May 20, 2004
    London
  20. nach0king

nach0king Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Dallas Proper
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    If Thompson is given a box-to-box role he can cover nicely for Ferguson. Potentially a good signing - if they don't waste him...

21. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    You're welcome. 2 mil isn't a bad sum though.

22. Burkies Ginger Mop

May 20, 2004
    London
    He has a bit of class about him. Potentially he is a better player than Ferguson. I hope we get Brown as well.