Rangers fans guilty of hooliganism, not sectarianism

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by nach0king, Apr 12, 2006.

1. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Nah Hamas hate everthing... on second thought :eek:

2. nach0king

nach0king Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Dallas Proper
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    It's not an interesting point at all. It's a rehashed version of "they're worse than us, so they are!"

I don't really care if Rangers fans are Protestant, or British, or whatever. But when it turns into bigotry and negativity, then it should be cast out of Scottish football like the scourge it is :cool:

How come Hibernian can be a club with Irish roots, Irish colours and an Irish crest, but avoid 99% of the crap that comes with being an Old Firm fan? :rolleyes:

Must be an anti-Protestant conspiracy!

3. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Outstanding! Very good points and question.

Do Hearts and Hibs pull the same Prot vs. Catholic/Irish vs. British nonsense??? I have no idea. I know they hate each other because they are local rivals. Is that all?

4. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    There is certainly a faction in the Hearts support that pulls this political/sectarian crap now and then. From what I understand it is a small faction, but a visible one nonetheless.

5. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    In my experience, the "faction" amounts to five to ten drunks in one stand at each match. It is my understanding that, in the 80's with Capital City Service and assorted other groups at Hibs, it was a bit worse. When I lived in Edinburgh, there seemed to be a fairly sizeable group of casuals that was associated with Hibs, but they didn't really have much of a connection to the club, and were usually nowhere to be found on match days.

6. SavannahFan

SavannahFan New Member

Nov 8, 2005
    RFK Section 135
    Club:
    DC United
    Good point.

IMO it has more to do with the competition between Celtic and the Rangers for the top spot, rather than real sectarian issues. The use of bigotry is just a typical ignorant individual's attempt, to belittle someone down to their level.

If Hibs was a contender every year for the SPL crown, then they would probably hear the same mindless crap.

7. nach0king

nach0king Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Dallas Proper
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Can't disagree with too much of that.

HuntKop's pretty much on the money as well. Hearts has its problems but not to the extent of the OF.

8. TorontoFC_Fanatic redded

May 17, 2006
    David Murray wouldn't have any supporters left if they got rid of the racist
    fans at Ibrox.....:D

9. nach0king

nach0king Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Dallas Proper
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    That's not actually true.

Nor is it true that Celtic would have no fans left if they removed the moronic IRA/anti-Protestant element.

But hey, as long as we're generalising.

10. bobbybhoy2003

bobbybhoy2003 New Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Columbus
    [​IMG]

11. torontofc2007 redded

Jul 10, 2006
    Canada
    Rangers upcoming friendly at Bolton has been cancelled by police order,
    seems they don't want rangers supporters anywhere in the country.

12. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Yeah saw that as well. Funny how there colors are red white and blue but they don't want them.:D

13. DeeTee

DeeTee New Member

Sep 27, 2004
  14. Burkies Ginger Mop

Burkies Ginger Mop New Member

May 20, 2004
    London
    Still a very strange decision.

15. SavannahFan

SavannahFan New Member

Nov 8, 2005
    RFK Section 135
    Club:
    DC United
    Place the G'ers on a plane, head out to the States, and let a few MLS teams beat the snot out of you.

Solves the crowd problem

16. Burkies Ginger Mop

May 20, 2004
    London
    We will not be as bad as Celtic this season. I don't think any MLS teams would be able to beat us!

17. SavannahFan

SavannahFan New Member

Nov 8, 2005
    RFK Section 135
    Club:
    DC United
    Yeah, sure. :rolleyes:

Until your side comes over and proves otherwise, you can have your opinion and I can have mine.

Granted that the draw would not be as large as Celtic, since you are not the SPL Champs, and do not have as much support across the globe (incl the US), but it should be enough to still make it worthwhile.

18. Burkies Ginger Mop

May 20, 2004
    London

Why would we want to go the the US for a pre-season when it has be shown that it is a bad exercise. I don't think Celtic will be back again next year. I would not want us to go over and it certainly would not prove anything! Pre-season is about fitness. Although wins are good for morale.

We beat Roma last year pre-season. The year before we beat Milan. Good for morale but those results did not prove anything!

I'm confident we will win the league this year although I still think Le Gaffer has a bit of bedding in to do. Granted Sellick did win the league last year by a bit. Against the worst Rangers team in our history. I just don't see any improvement in the squad though. I actually think they are weaker than last year. No chance can they compete for the SPL and in the Champions league.

19. Parkhead_Faithful

Parkhead_Faithful New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Heard billy boys was being belted out loud and proud when they beat boro, no worries bears its not an SPL game so the SFA wont grass yous up to UEFA. DIGNITEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Losing hartson doesnt significantly weaken us, and our defence is just as bad so Id disagree.

Have no fear though, we wont be in the champions league long enough to worry our title hopes, might do well in the UEFA though.

21. Burkies Ginger Mop

May 20, 2004
    London
    According to the Herald it was a small minority that were singing the wrong version. This is going to be a hard one I reckon. It is a good football song but even if you are singing the version without the illegal bit people will just jump to conclusions.

22. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    No sure about that bud, I have an orc supporting mate made the trip, and he said they were definately up to their knees in fenian blood on a few occasions, personally id take his word before the meedja's.

23. Burkies Ginger Mop

May 20, 2004
    London
    Would depend who is sitting round you as well!

24. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    They were up to their knees in fenien blood in my street the other night as well.

25. Burkies Ginger Mop

May 20, 2004
    London