Random Thoughts on Video Games

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by Ringo, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm at about CP60 now so, yeah... that sounds good. I'll try and hook up in game if I can figure it out :)

2. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Respawn's (Titanfall and Apex Legends developer) Star Wars Single Player game set to be released in November. I am very cautious because all EA Star Wars games so far have sucked but Titanfall 2 was a very good game.

So maybe something to look tentatively forward to.

3. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
  4. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My god, I visited the recent Star Citizen alpha update and I cannot believe how much time and effort they spent on features that are not fun in a quest for realism and seamless travel.

Am I glad I only pledged 30€ on Kickstarter all these years ago.

5. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Currently playing Dishonored 2. An absolutely fantastic game! Don't know why the critical receptions seems to have been not that great at launch. Really enjoying this, at least as much as the first game.

6. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just finished Ori and the Blind Forest. An absolutely amazing platforming game. No wonder it received so much praise and is getting a sequel. Not quite as amazing as Hollow Knight but still extraordinarily good.

Can't wait to get my hands on the 2nd game.

7. General Disarray

General Disarray Legendary

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Took a break from Rocket League over the weekend and got back into playing Red Dead Redemption 2. May have done one or 2 main story items, the rest of the time was spent fishing, hunting and helping out random strangers. I forgot how much fun can be had in this game.

NORML repped this.
  8. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I played, and finished, My Friend Pedro this weekend. I thoroughly enjoyed the game, its mechanics and visuals. It was a fun side scrolling shooter.

9. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My nephew strongly recommende me the recent Marvel Spiderman game for ps4. So I went out and bought it and gave up before the end if the opening level. The controls are just terribly unintuitive to me and for some reason you can't remap them the buttons. It's a terrible experience.

I'm just too old and cranky for this. :cry:

Played God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn from his list of console recommendations before and enjoyed them a lot but this one is not for me. :(

10. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    For anyone who is interested in X-Files style story and enjoys 3rd person shooters I strongly recommend to give "Control" a try. It is made by Remedy who became famous for their "Max Payne" games. Really having a lot of fun with it and I'm usually not the biggest fan of the mystery genre in television. Graphics look gorgeous, the weapon and melee mechanics feel very good and the characters are so far very interesting.

Sebsasour repped this.
  11. Sebsasour

Sebsasour Member+

New Mexico United
    May 26, 2012
    Albuquerque NM
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been enjoying the hell out of it. The combat 3rd person combat is extremely fun.

Bazi repped this.
  12. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    isn't it only available on the epic store right now? that's gonna be a hard pass from me.

13. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You could also play it on consoles although I read performance is mediocre on the standard versions of the PS4 and X-Box One.

14. Sebsasour

Sebsasour Member+

New Mexico United
    May 26, 2012
    Albuquerque NM
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm playing on a One X. The framerate definitely struggles when the combat gets hectic.

15. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh right .. duh. sorry, forgot about consoles.

16. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I hope Codemasters never gets bought by one of the big publishers.

For me their F1 and Grid Rally series are the only sports games still worth a damn that aren't full of microtransactions and pay2win mechanics.

Just so much fun with the steering wheel (although I'm being told the gamepad also works fine)!

17. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Man, there's so many good games out there at the moment. I picked up Resident Evil 2 Remake on sale for 30€. I never played the original on the PS1 since we were a PC & Nintendo family, but I can see why it is so damn popular. This game is a fantastic survival horror experience!

18. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    The Nintendo Switch is on a roll, it might be the best system out there.
    Links Awakening was such a great game. I was hooked and finished the game in three sittings.
    Now Im playing through Astral Chain, and oh man. This might be in the top 5 games of all time. The combat, the music, the gorgeous cell shaded graphics and amazing enviroments. I was surprised the Switch could pull such graphics off at first glance, but then I realised its quite a good piece of hardware.

From now on Im gonna buy every damn game from Platinum. They have easily become one of my favorite developers.

Nintendo Switch is without a doubt an essential system to own. Its also become somewhat of an Indie platform. I buy most Indie games on the Switch (for the portability)

General Disarray repped this.
  19. General Disarray

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    agreed, they did a great job with Links Awakening, my 11 year old is loving it.

teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  20. General Disarray

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone picking up Outer-Worlds this week? comes out on Friday, I'm looking forward to it.

21. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have sooo many games on ps4 that i can't be arsed to even start because I find myself only playing Switch. Patiently waited for Obra Dinn to make its way on there and am pleased that I did.

22. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I downloaded it through game pass but have been hooked on the new COD, so all I've done in Outer-Worlds is reach the first town.

23. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The new COD is such a pretty game. I’ve never liked multiplayer, but I’m hooked and have yet to touch the campaign.

NORML repped this.
  24. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I am roughly at the same point after an hour and a half. Gameplay unfortunately feels very floaty but the visuals, Audio and story so far seem all quite good. Also contrary to expectations the game is in a very good technical state. Previous Obsidian games suffered from lots of bugs. But the floatiness of the controls really pisses me off.

NORML repped this.
  25. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably the best campaign since Blops 1, just some great level designs with a good flow of action and intrigue. The addition of NVM in multiplayer is so smart and makes it feel like they doubled the number of maps.

SenordrummeR2 repped this.