Random jibberish

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by LucciAficionado, Jul 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

HeHeHe.... :D

2. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    Nope, you answer mine, I answer yours would be better.

But I'll play. In time, there will be MANY threads like this over in Free for All, and you know that.
    The content? No. Probably bothers me more as a mod than otherwise, because I have to read it. And there are personal things here I'd really rather not read/know about people I barely know or don't know at all.
    Um, Landon's on the Earthquakes, Erin. This board is called "MLS Team Forums > San Jose Earthquakes."
    As you well know, I had nothing to do with that move. But I felt it was appropriate, nonetheless. Especially that thread, bogged down with inline graphics that made each page painful to load.
    Well, there are also viewing parties and pregame tailgates, among other venues, for such mingling.
    So, while you're correct that this thread serves such a purpose, it's certainly not the only means to the end.
    Like I said, mod conference in progress, waiting for replies from Spejic and Airblair.

You should also know that while you, LDB and Anh are for keeping it here (and I'm sure several others will chime in today as well), there have been posted suggestions in this thread to move it, and I got a cranky PM :D from another user about the same. Not everyone agrees with you.

And, really, by BigSoccer default, threads like this should be over on FFA--that's why posters' thread counts don't increment over there. Heck, I'd have like 3K posts as BlueMeanie just from the old Word Association thread...

3. elainemichelle

elainemichelle New Member

Jul 20, 2002
    Different el diablo unfortunately...

Don't move this thread! Leave it right here!

4. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
    Can you really consider the O-Mid position "Offensive" in the Quake system when after all, Ekelund isn't really asked to score?

5. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fine. I made my argument. You're just gonna tear down all I say. And move the thread.

So be it!

I'll be at QuakeMagic, like I said earlier. Anyone can feel free to join us over there.

6. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, and I haven't found my Orangina yet.

And Landon still looks hot in an A's uniform.

But not hotter than Ian or Cowboy or Richie.

Not that anyone cares, but I thought I'd get that in before this thread is moved.

Hasta!

7. elainemichelle

Jul 20, 2002
    We don't post on this thread to up our post counts. We get to talk with other Quakes fans. In that sense it pertains to the Quakes. If it's moved it'll be taken over by non-Quakes fans. PLEASE LEAVE IT HERE. I don't get to go to the games, therefore I don't get to know any of the fans. Here, everyone gets to know each other. That's why this is my favorite thread.

PLEASE DON'T MOVE IT!

8. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

The power has gone to BlueMeanie's head....he is out of control.....impeach BlueMeanie now!!! ;)

9. elainemichelle

Jul 20, 2002
    How to you impeach a moderator?

10. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    No, this sucks. Moderating a chat board is one of the easiest things in the world to do. Did it before, in a martial arts board that was fully moderated (no democracy), unlike BS which is lightly moderated in a more reactive mode.

It's a lose-lose for me, because either way someone's feathers get ruffled.

What is this "power" of which you speak?

11. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

I have been posting here for a year or so now and I don't get the obsession with "post counts", do we get a prize for post counts or something? Please fill me in.

12. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

The winking icon means i was kidding. :)

13. Lab Mouse

Lab Mouse New Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Kalamazoo, MI, USA
    Re: Re: Random jibberish

I completely and totally respect you, BlueMeanie, and most of the mods here (splargie is kind of an exception, LOL). Being a mod as well as probably having something else to do in your real time is probably not easy...kind of like me being a chanop on IRC.

Do what you gotta do. It won't bother me one way or the other. :) I just thought I"d give you a vote of confidence. I like the thread but really if it needs to be moved it needs to be moved.

14. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    No, all you get is a different membership title (From "newbie" to "member" to "senior member" to "vet"). Really stupid aspiration, IMHO.

I do think it's funny that the same person who said there's no obsession with post counts/status is the person who complained about being a "BigSoccer Newbie" like two weeks ago. ;)

15. elainemichelle

Jul 20, 2002
    I think we should just leave it here.

16. QuakeFan Z

QuakeFan Z New Member

Jul 14, 2002
    Monte Sereno, CA
    I watched The Lord of the Rings last night.

Very boring movie.

I don't even know whats so good about that.

Can't wait for tomorrow though!

Woohoo! Go Quakes! Beat L.A.!!

I'm going to the Quakes office today to pay for my playoff tickets.

QuakeMagic is awesome.

I'm off.

17. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
    Once Donovan and Graziani start to gel again.....Graziani will climb the scoring leader chart all the way to the top.....what do you guys think?

18. QuakeFan Z

QuakeFan Z New Member

Jul 14, 2002
    Monte Sereno, CA
    Agreed.

19. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    Duly noted. Unfortunately, this is a moderated board, not a democracy. I think I made it more of a democracy by listening to you guys and then conferring with the other mods (one has replied already). If you don't believe me, go back to my original post this morning and read the addendum. And I am fully willing to go with whatever the decision is. You should be, too.

In the mean time, let's get off the stay/go discussion as it's not productive and won't change anything regardless of the outcome. There are cogent reasons to be on either side of the argument.

First, you elect one. Which doesn't happen around here. :rolleyes:

20. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

You have to either be "really close" with Huss, if you get my drift or you have to have incriminating pics of him so you can force his hand.....other than that, it's a snap! :D
    Impeach MrQuahog but leave BlueMeanie alone! :D

21. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3-5-2 man, 3-5-2! Think we could get away with a 3-5-3? Let's try it. Barclay as the extra man.

22. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    Hmmm. I thought her question was better without the spelling corrected. Just more appropriate.

Anyway, good news...after a huddle, getting some input from KC and LA mods, and listening to you, the thread stays where it is, for now.

I submit that it may not be heavily moderated, so be nice to each other... :)

One more thing, please don't post things like "Shouldn't this thread be moved to Free for All?" Just ignore the thread, or PM a mod with your concerns. I apologize to anyone I upset earlier; I was basing my instinct on what happened to the huge silly thread "KC Cheats on Their Threads/Beat KC" we had last year, which was moved.

Cheers,
    robert

Note: Specifically, KC and LA mods pointed out that they have their silly threads floating. The Crew used to have their "Banter Board" (same kinda thing) stickied. I'm gonna leave this unstickied.

Note 2: If similar new silly threads pop up on the Quakes forum, they may be merged with this.

Onward...

23. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After reviewing this thread, BM, I now know why Airblair and spejic hide.

24. Lab Mouse

Lab Mouse New Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Kalamazoo, MI, USA
    OK, so...

I did all kinds of running around trying to get the new car set up--insurance, license plate, parking stickers for campus, etc. It took me 3 1/2 hours (and lots of money!) from going to transfer the title/pay for the car to the time I actually got to sit down in my office with my Taco Bell lunch.

Now I"m barely awake and need a nap but I'm committed to being in here until 5, and the boards are kinda slow.

*rats*

25. RUBY223

RUBY223 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Sunnyvale
    Good call BlueMeanie!!

I finally got my new phone!!! I am soooo stoked! :D Plus, I got the car washed and waxed and it is a beaut. To quote Ice Cube..."today, is a good day" :D