Random Football Discussion

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by La Trucha, Apr 11, 2016.

1. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Post all random non-El Salvador related football talk here.

2. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    @Willsant87 @BKR inC I'm very pleased that Western Sydney Wanderers finished in the top 2 of the A-League table, and qualified for the AFC CL. I strongly dislike Brisbane Roar, and I'm also pleased Sydney FC didn't even qualify for the finals series.

I obviously want Melbourne Victory to get that 3rd CL spot, but I wouldn't be too upset if Melbourne City was to get it; I really like Bruno Fornaroli and Aaron Mooy.

edcalvi repped this.
  3. Willsant87

Willsant87 Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Yeah that's 3 of the 4 seasons that Wanderers been around that they've finished in the top 2. Sydney FC have been very boring this season, they parked the bus every game and when in trouble they just fouled their oppenents, of all their wins this season only one was against a team not from NSW.

Fornaroli is a beast, he's too good for the A League lol. Mooy though I think is badly overated, he goes missing in big games and only looks good because of Fornaroli and Novillo, even for the Socceroos he's only dominated against the powerhouses of Bangladesh, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Jordan. We'll see what he can do in next round against Japan and Saudi Arabia.

4. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Fornaroli's case is interesting. In the 8 years prior to joining Melbourne City, he had scored around 25 goals, but in just one season with City, he scored 23 goals and is the A-League 2015-16 top goalscorer. He has another year left in his contract, and recently stated that he doesn't want to leave.

Crazy to see how much WSW has achieved in their 4 years as a club. It's a good time to be a westie, aye? ;)

5. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  6. Willsant87

Willsant87 Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Very good times for us westies, Parramatta Stadium getting knocked down and a new 30,000-35,000 stadium getting built and will be ready for 2019 season.

Fornaroli and most the other imports have been good this season, gone are the days when clubs would get any Brazilian then find out after that he's a dud. This year's Euro might have a few A League players in it.

The new flavor seems to be Spaniards, of all the Spaniards in the league only 2 aren't in the finals, the one at Wellington and Luis Garcia who was with the Mariners.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/footba...s/news-story/4aeb65fa98e5068f2bcbf4c63ec8bb64

7. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    @Willsant87 @BKR inC that Adelaide vs WSW final was easily one of the best A-League games I've seen in a while. Never expected 50,000+ people to rock up to the Adelaide Oval. Wow.

PS. I wanted WSW to win, but ah well.

8. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    I knew they wouldn't just knew western sydney backline worried me and i knew if dimas or andreau we would be punished, though credit has to go to redmayne who stood tall in the grand final.
    Adelaide were the best side all season and deserved the win especially how clincial they have been.
    Bravo for the adelaide boardroom for sticking to their guns and sticking with both gombau and Amor who both started slowly but their tactics and spanish style eventually paid dividends.

9. Willsant87

Willsant87 Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Yeah Adelaide have been awesome ever since after round 8, they stuck with the coach & didn't give in to the Adelaide media or casual fans who were calling for his head.

The yearly Wanderers clean out is already happening, Castelen, Andreau and Dimas are leaving with rumours that Bridge & Topor Stanley are looking at Asia to get a big pay rise.

10. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Phoenix has poached Barbarouses and Finkler from Victory, while Delpierre has retired.

Berisha has recently expressed interest in applying for Australian citizenship sometime after the Euro Cup (which Albania has qualified for). He still wouldn't be eligible to represent the Socceroos, mind you.

11. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    I came across this on fb. It was infuriating for so many reasons if I could I would reach out to the event coordinators and tell them they shouldn't let these guns compete or at a minimum make them wear different uniforms. The Facebook page I saw it on not only promoted them but said they would prefer watching these sell outs then the nt like he forgot what they did

Screenshot_2016-05-24-17-11-45-334.jpeg

12. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    *sigh* I know where that is :/ sadly, ya'll don't realize exactly how much this happens. I swear, in LA they do this like once a month

13. Willsant87

Willsant87 Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Hows Melbourne today after the big bad wogs started a war at the game last night? Gotta love Aussie media, only 1 arrest & 5 evictions, maybe people who go to the soccer games should act more like AFL & NRL fans, beat up their partners, get drunk & start fight with anyone, yell racist abuse at people of immigrant background lol.

14. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Where do you read this trash? I'm in the CBD rn and it's dandy like every other day. :ROFLMAO:

I didn't go to the game because I had a mid-year exam, but several friends attended and no one mentioned any sort of "war" lmao. Greeks being passionate like every other ethnic group during a sporting event? Sure, but no "war".

15. Willsant87

Willsant87 Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    http://www.news.com.au/sport/footba...d/news-story/98a61ae795fff3563e6533539e20e4d2

That's one article lol. A lot of the morning news shows up here been talking about it, Australia has been smashed with storms since the weekend, people losing homes, their lives but the leading story in the news is 'violence at soccer'.

I didn't go to the Sydney game either, too expensive just for a friendly against a Greece team without a few of their stars. Last nights game proved what I've been saying about Australia, they're really not that good well not as good as the commentators or fans will have you believe.

Btw, that El Salvador vs Chile rugby league game is this Saturday, on the website it states that no anti social behavior will be tolerated (jumping up and down, standing on seats) good luck trying to enforce that with Latinos lol.

16. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Well ladies and gents I know it's a bit late but Cadiz has moved up and are back in Segunda.

17. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Dunno if it's been posted already, but Roca and Cuadrat both now coach I-League champions Bengaluru FC. They'll be playing in the 2017 AFC Champions League (along with @Willsant87 's team Western Sydney Wanderers, Adelaide United and Brisbane Roar).

Albert Roca appointed as Bengaluru FC coach

18. Willsant87

Willsant87 Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    A League finally back this week, this Saturday is the Sydney derby. They're expecting a 60,000+ crowd which would be be record for a Australian League soccer match. Should be interesting what happens since it's at ANZ stadium which only has 1 train station, 1 pub & there's gonna be that may people attending...also note how the Cronulla Sharks just won their 1st ever NRL title, their fans lit flares, there was fights but the media & NSW police reported that they're happy with the good behavior. Imagine if it was soccer fans lol...

19. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I cannot bloody wait for this season. So many exciting signings, especially Melbourne City. Victory lost Finkler and Barbarouses to Phoenix but we got Troisi and Kiwi Messi. Kerem Bulut has come home to WSW, and I'm interested to see how Paul Okon does performs as CCM coach.

Can't wait for the Sydney derby!

20. Willsant87

Willsant87 Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Yeah seems like the FFA is trying their best to have Melbourne City win with that 'Tim Cahill' spot. But you're right I can't wait for the derby, Wanderers has a few new latinos in the team, they look like decent signings from South America. This will be massive, AFL & NRL struggling to sell tickets during their finals series & here in just a normal season match the A League will break records.

21. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    FFA knows what Cahill will bring to the A-League, so if it means more people will watch the A-League and if it means City gains more fans and becomes a stronger team, then I have no problem with that. It'll make the competition that much more exciting.

@BKR inC you better be watching too, mate!

22. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Why did Cahill go to the MLS and China over giving a few good years to the A league? I have asked a few Australian's that question before and they have said money and better league but the level of play in the MLS isn't anything to get to excited about same for China. Has he talked about it now that he is in Australia?

23. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    MLS > A-League in terms of quality and pay. Simple as that. He previously said the A-League wasn't up to standard.

And yes, he touched on briefly about finally coming home.

PS. You should watch the Sydney FC vs Western Sydney Wanderers tonight. Dunno what time it'll be on in Cali time, but get onto it :)

24. Willsant87

Willsant87 Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I have no problem with that, the thing I have a problem with is the FFA paying Cahill's wages under the 'guest marquee spot' when City are the richest club in the country. Victory were rejected from signing Diamanti under the same rule since he wasn't 'known'. Cahill's gonna cop it hard when City play Victory & away to the Wanderers lol.

Money is the real reason why, for years he always rubbished the A League saying it'll be a step down for him if he plays here & even a few months back said the FFA lack vision...well since then they've found that 'vi$ion' & he's now in the A League. Although he is right, football in Australia is in the wrong hands, the suits running it are all Nrl & Afl guys who don't know how football works.

Ps game would be around 1:30am lol

slaminsams repped this.
  25. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    The guest marquee spot is supposed to be reserved for players who will attract fans i.e. Cahill. Diamanti didn't fit that bill.

Victory tried to get Michael Essien under the guest marquee spot, but Essien ultimately refused. IIRC the other clubs tried to get Ronaldinho, Diego Forlan and Miroslav Klose under that category, but the players all refused.

City could use more fans; they have less than Victory. Plus they have yet to win a trophy :D

Tonight you better reset this clock!