Alert: Random Arsenal Shizzle

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by thebigman, Sep 24, 2013.

1. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @chjoak if you wanna run with this rumor any more, I suggest you relocate it to the official rumors thread err transfer thread. ;)

2. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  3. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    Its not even in doubt for me. Look at Pool when they lost VVD. All it takes is one key injury at the wrong time and it totally ********s your year.
    Had Eduardo not gotten injured, I don't doubt we win the league.

AEAAFC96 and daedalus repped this.
  4. cooper7d7

cooper7d7 Member+

Feb 7, 2001
    CT
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He didn't get injured, he didn't tweak his hammy in some tragic accident- some f*ck broke his leg and ruined his career.

And_ROOS, this isn't me yelling at you. This is bubble over from the Patino comments in another thread - send the physically immature kids down one or two divisions and hope some "grown" man doesn't damage them permanently. We can't even keep our own safe in our league.

daedalus repped this.
  5. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    Sorry, had some yammering thundercunt not CRIPPLED one of our key players, we win the league.

cooper7d7 repped this.
  6. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pure speculation on my part, but I think we galvanize and go on to win the league if we had hung on to the win in that particular match. The stoppage time PK, dubious IIRC, broke us.

AEAAFC96 and daedalus repped this.
  7. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i mean, you realise stoke, sunderland, and birmingham were all premier league participants at those specific moment in time, right?

what our kids need is pushing, pulling, and banging of bodies that they cannot get in the U23. so that our defenders don't get made some attacker's bitch like ivan toney did to us or our attackers don't just get bodied out of the game like happened to balogun. hell, apparently, when they met up, ballard - someone our management think so little of, he's been banished to figure shit out in lower leagues for multiple years going instead of being raised in the greenhouse that is our academy - just flat took balogun out of the game. yeah, he's a couple of years older but that comes with the territory with first team football.

8. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Balogan scored for the u21s the other day and is doing well for boro

he played out wide for England in a 3

daedalus and maskito repped this.
  9. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #784 NorthBank, Apr 4, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2022
    The've finally rescheduled the NLD and it's about what was expected: Thurs May 12th 7:45pm UK time.

Will be the 3rd game from the end. Could be quite a dramatic run-in!

p.s. They also rescheduled our matches with LUFC & NUFC, pushing the latter to Monday which will be annoying to many.

10. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For lack of a better place to put this...

I was reading today about what the 15-country UN Security Council is "doing" about the Russian war on Ukrainians. And the point was reiterated that 3 countries are abstaining or remaining silent on any votes/discussions: China, India & U.A.E.

How does that make you feel about Arsenal's primary sponsor?

11. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    It's somewhat attenuated - the UAE is run by Abu Dhabi, not Dubai. Emirates is run by Dubai and is pretty self-contained at this point.

12. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. chjoak

chjoak Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting watch...

14. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not gonna watch. Care to tease out the bullet points?

15. Tonerl

Tonerl Member+

Arsenal
    May 10, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By the way apropos of nothing other than a passive brag: I went to the Brighton and So'ton matches last week (yeah, yeah, I'm obviously bad luck). Anyway, in between those matches, my buddy and I hopped over to Dublin and then the west coast of Ireland for a few days. In Dublin, we got together with Andrew at a local pub that Monday night (April 11) for a few drinks. Just as nice and funny in person as he seems on the pod.

18. casoccerdad47

casoccerdad47 Member+

Mar 31, 2006
    I wouldn’t expect otherwise, his personality shines through on the blog. Some of his best stuff isn’t even about Arsenal.

maskito repped this.
  19. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool. Sounds loverly. You or your buddy must’ve had some nice connection or something. On the other hand Andrew doesn’t seem to need too much of an excuse to have a few pints. ;)

Ps. West of Ireland is one of my fave places in the world. Even if I’ve only been there 2 or 3 times.

yossarian repped this.
  20. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A bit of a connection but neither of us had ever met him in person. And then of course, the connection was strengthened with a bottle of Heaven Hill 7 Year Bottled in Bond. :D

Our trip was a whirlwind since we needed to get back to London by Saturday for the coach down to the So'ton match. But yeah, it's lovely and can't wait to go back at a more leisurely pace. Galway and Dingle were both really cool.

maskito repped this.
  21. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aha. Even a bigger lure than just plain old Guinness.

Yeah, you need a bit more time there. I've done a week each time (once on a cycle tour which was fantastic) and feel like I've just scratched the surface. I think I could consider relocating to Galway. Alas that's probably not likely.

yossarian repped this.
  22. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At the end of today's GoalZone they had a short recap of the PL Hall of Fame induction and there were 2 highlights for me that revolved around Wrighty:

1) Viera was asked something like did the Invincibles squad really believe they could do it? His reply was something like "well once Wrighty was out of the club then yes!"

2) Wright himself choked up when he said "for me to be sitting here, from where I came from..." (he couldn't finish)

Love them both! But have a bigger soft spot for Ian. And that was not always the case.

23. leppercut

leppercut Member+

Oct 10, 2006
    SLC and Anchorage
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So does Henry have a bad relationship with the club? Keep seeing people say that he’s annoying and shady taking shots, but he was at the game va Man U and seemed everything was fine?

24. casoccerdad47

casoccerdad47 Member+

Mar 31, 2006
    I think it’s bloggers and pundits making mountains out of molehills.

25. chjoak

chjoak Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States