Ramon Ramirez & Francisco Palencia's status

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by CyphaPSU, Aug 5, 2004.

1. swedcrip34

swedcrip34 New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    Re: Palencia confirmed to stay in Mexico

but churchill didn't say it could ONLY hurt

"The good news is"

2. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles

I love how it's mostly galaxy fans who post threads and reply to these threads! It's so cool. I thought from all the hype, you would see more chivas usa fans on here.

3. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002

Well, I for one am very interested to see what kind of team Chivas USA puts together. I'm a Mexican-American but support US Soccer and have supported the Galaxy since 1996. But I also keep up with Mexican soccer. So it's kind of a blending of the two. I am very interested to see in what direction this team is headed. The Galaxy tried to woo Mexican fans with Campos, Hermosillo and Hernandez and that didn't work and now it seems that they are trying to woo every non-Mexican in SoCal by hiring a Spanish-speaking ex-Costa Rica coach and trying to sign all these Costa Ricans and Central Americans and all that.

It would have been nice to see Palencia in MLS, if nothing else than to hear his assessment of the league. This guy played in Mexico, obviously, but also played in Libertadores and Spain and in two World Cups. His view would have been interesting.

4. Re: Palencia confirmed to stay in Mexico

Bofo!!!

[​IMG]

5. 562nation

562nation Member

May 10, 2004
    (562)areacode LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

good luck!

6. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles

How many people does it take to fool a large city in the United States into believing that their new expansion soccer club would have the likes of Paco Palencia on the roster?

....Just one.

nice marketing ploy...and it's worked so far!

7. Octavius Agustus

Octavius Agustus New Member

Jun 5, 2004
    33RD sTREET

Palencia would have been good for the team, but he isn't going to put any people in the seats by himself. He's old, it's young guys with a future ahead of them that draws the fans.

8. Fuegofan

Fuegofan Member+

Feb 17, 2001
    Chicago

I can't say I'm sorry to see him not come to MLS. I've always felt he's been the Dema Kovalenko of the Mexican Nat'l Team.