Ramon Nunez trialing for Leeds United

Discussion in 'Honduras' started by Kool Herc, Aug 11, 2010.

1. catracho19

catracho19 New Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Please stop jizzing over Leeds.. it's killing me. I think we all can agree that they are a great club with lots of history but it still doesn't change the fact that they are in the Championship. Harder to get good signings there, less attractive play, and overall... less quality than the Premier League by far.

Jason Scotland and every other player that has come from Championship football to the Premier League has failed to impress... with a few exceptions of course, mostly youngsters. (Don't start bringing up players that have made it in the Premier, we know there are a couple but the majority don't succeed and only some become regulars.)

I'm not saying Ramon Nunez will not be surrounded by quality. I'm just saying I don't think it's the right career move for him at the moment. It seems like he's rushing into it a little. I think he needs one great season playing as a central, attacking midfielder for Olimpia and he will get himself a golden deal somewhere in Spain or England. But we can't help what he does and let's just hope it all works out for the best! We would all like him to be get minutes this season and impress so we can see Leeds back in the Premier League.

2. cheguevara04

cheguevara04 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Because he was not adapting to the lifestyle in Tegusigalpa and would rather retire and go back to school then continue living in that city. I'm not in his head, but my inside sources tell me that was the case.

3. cheguevara04

cheguevara04 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Contrary to any romantic memories you all may have of Tegusigalpa, it really is not the best place to live, especially if you grew up in the suburbs of Dallas.

4. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    My mother hates it there...and so do I...Its like within a mountain...a bowl without water basically...she said there would be too many "Suvidas" and "Bajadas".

But again my mother is from La Virtud.

lol if Ramon Nunez played another year in "central" Attacking mid at Olimpia...he would then stay there...another year. Not like every team will take notice of Ramon if he plays next year at Olimpia. if that was the case...why didn't they take notice last season. tbh...the only time we showcase our players is when we're on some sort of big tourney..regional or continental or global. Unless the World Cup is staged next year...Ramon will be hidden in the eyes of Europe for another season.

5. cheguevara04

cheguevara04 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    I make no judgement about our capital and the quality of life there. I have my personal opinions but ultimately that means nothing. Bottomline, Nunez wanted nothing to do with living in tht city any longer. I have no clue why. I hope things workout well with Leeds. If not, I fear we may have seen the last of Nunez as he is off to finish his degree at SMU.

I'm very curious to see how this plays out. He has so much talent and I would hate to see him retire so early.

6. safcfan

safcfan Member

Feb 28, 2003
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Yes. Correct.

Those saying that staying at Olimpia will provide better exposure and development than Leeds are crazy. Let's not even begin to mention the financial benefits of playing at Leeds.

It is not a given he will succeed at Leeds, but it is a great opportunity. He would be completely out of his mind if he does not to take advantage of playing in the English system. Better exposure, better coaching, better pay, better quality of life, better facilities...why would he stay in Olimpia? Might be a moot point as he hasn't even been offered a contract with Leeds yet.

7. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Do some research before naming yourself such ignorant Username......;)

8. cheguevara04

cheguevara04 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Righhhht..... Looks like the kid who is my biggest fan via private messaging now has turned on me because I called him out for making dumb comments. So do you pick up twice as many girls with your two faces? :rolleyes:

9. Kool Herc

Kool Herc Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently Ramon didn't get clearance to play in the friendly last night but instead played in a closed door friendly against York a few days before.

Haven't seen any word yet if he's been offered a contract or not but I will post here as soon as I hear something.

10. safcfan

safcfan Member

Feb 28, 2003
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    thanks!

11. cheguevara04

cheguevara04 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Thanks for keeping us updated. We do appreciate it.

12. Kool Herc

Kool Herc Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just listening to Simon Graysons press conference from today. Someone asked if Nunez was still there and Simon said the following:

13. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    what dumb comment? LEEDS AINT SH*T and I dont care about its history. It aint in the EPL there so it aint all that great as back to its days of glory.

no offense leeds fans.

Edit: Teams like Genoa where also great in its hey days but now no puts them up to high glory since there the fourth team in Italy to being close in getting ten championship when it only has nine.

So am saying leeds aint no "prestigious" club.

14. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    your missing the point of Leeds still produce the best players in England. Unlike Genoa, Leeds produce players day in and day out that the bigger teams likes, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd, etc take.

the fact that Ramoncito will be exposed to this kind of training and staff will be great for his career.

15. cookiefritas

cookiefritas Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I think we can all agree that Leeds is not what it used to be, and there are hundreds of better European clubs than Leeds nowadays. Nevertheless, Leeds is still a much better club than any club in Honduras, and Ramon will benefit from an improved player development system and it would definitely be a significant jump in his career.

Guevara you have good comments, but just because someone has a different opinion from yours, it does not mean they are wrong.

I am sure than you have good reason to have that username, and you may be right on your opinions of Che Guevara, but I think that out of respect to families that were forever scarred from his actions, you should not use that as a nickname. I am sure that you think(know) that he has done more good than bad, but still be considerate.

Anyways, just stating my opinion, I am not trying to offend you, or to imply that your view of Che Guevara is wrong.

By the way, did you go to Cuba to study?

16. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

17. cheguevara04

cheguevara04 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Game, set, match.

18. Kool Herc

Kool Herc Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not the most reliable source but could be quite true as Leeds have kept tight control over their wage structure this summer:

19. cookiefritas

cookiefritas Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Game, set, match?

I am not trying to compete with you. I am not trying to discuss politics, but many in Chile are thankful to Pinoche because he saved them from Communism.

I don't think the problem with Honduras is the United States. The problem has more to do with poor education. It is easy to succeed in Honduras if you are a little business savvy, that is probably why many foreigners have early success with new businesses.

Anyways, congrats for your accomplishments, there are many Hondurans who have done the same and we all have the US government and University system to thank for that. Instead of bashing the United States, maybe Hondurans should try to emulate its system, and with hard work and dedication things will get back on track.

20. cheguevara04

cheguevara04 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    BRILLIANT!!!! Why didn't we think of that before? It's that simple eh?? Wow. You are a genious 'cookie'. I nominate you to be our next president. Lets be thankful for Agusto Pinochet and immulate the Americans. It's that easy yet we make it so hard. I understand now. Thank you for this moment of epiphany. I will get right on it. I will call Pepe Lobo today to let him know 'cookiefritas' just solved our economic problems with his magic wand. Nevermind that practically all of our national resources belong to foreign companies, that we sold our soul to the devil and that our economy runs on narco money, forget the fact that corruption is routine and commonplace, or that over 85% of our country lives in poverty. Nevermind that we have absolutely no real industry in Honduras not owned by foreigners or that gangsters run our streets that have polluted our culture and youth in countless ways. Lets ignore that corrupt unions that act in self interest and not for the greater good prevent any type of real policy change to take place in our country. If we immulate the Americans all of our problems will go away. I understand now.

I got one for you too now. How about the Palistinians and Israeli's kiss and make up. From this day moving forward, they should live together in harmony, sharing the resources of the middle east and respect each other. Do you like that one? In the past two post we have solved the middle east problem and the Honduran economy!!! Who says message boards are pointless?

Back on topic, if Ramon wants to play in Europe, he should not make his demands too high. Playing for Leeds, he will have the opportunity to succeed and excel in ways he never could for Olympia. If he succeeds at Leeds, his future earning potential could be much greater.

21. cookiefritas

cookiefritas Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Guevara,

My father always told me that life is not a sprint, but a marathon. Honduras will not be fixed in a year or a decade. You cannot just sit and hope that things will get better because there is a new President, regimen, system. An educated country will always be able to prosper, I understand that with many Hondurans, it is impossible to study, since they have many responsibilities at an early age. Nonetheless, parents should start to teach their kids and try to prevent them from making the same mistakes they made. I see many instances where Hondurans have kids at an early age, essentially setting you back for yours and doing the same to your kids. If you have kids at the right time and have fewer kids, in a couple of generations your family will be better for it.

We should be teaching our kids how to manage their money, how to budget for the future.

I think that you find it easier to emulate the Cuban government, since they have limited resources as we do, yet they have a highly educated population. You could be right, but remember that their standard of living is low. China is another example of a thriving economy, but they also have a low standard of living.

22. cookiefritas

cookiefritas Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Thank you for keeping us updated.

23. cheguevara04

cheguevara04 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    China is now the second biggest economy in the world. Bad example 'paisano'.

Reading your words, you are much more of an idealist then even I am. To think that it is as simple as 'educating' the masses our problems will be solved speaks of a naiveness and lack of ground perspective. In the broad picture, you are correct, an educated populous normally makes for a nation that is more developed and economically prosperous. THE REALITY from the ground in Honduras however is much more complex and unfortunatey cataclysmic then you realize. I don't care what cute proverb your father taught you, the dark reality facing our country is quite dire. Our fragile economy is literally based on a house of cards founded by drug money. Understand that if narco money leaves Honduras, we are fuc*ed royally. Do you get how much of a catch 22 that is? That specific example is just one of many 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' scenarios that currently exist in Honduras. Basically you are oversimplifying a VERY complicated society of corruption that will not change by one silver bullit solution.

What is the solution? It's certainly not communism or anything that coke head Manuel Zelaya proposed. You have no clue what I think or believe. Funny how you keep associating me with the cuban government yet I think nothing of it. In Honduras there must be a balance between government control of industry and private entrepenualship like in Brazil. I can guarantee you however, it will take nothing short of a miracle of God for true change to come to Honduras no matter where you stand politically.

24. cookiefritas

cookiefritas Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I know that China just passed Japan as the second biggest economy in the world, and is projected to eventually pass the United States. Yet I believe that it will never achieve a higher standard of living that the United States.

You have to educate the masses, then they will be less naive and it would take much more to dupe them inside a mirror house full of corruption. You seem to know much more about Honduras than I do. So I will take your word for it. I have heard about the narco dominance in Honduras, and how they rule with extortion and intimidation, but I figured it couldn't have gotten as bad as Mexico.

Good conversation, I learn new things every day. PM me if anything, I don't want to sabotage the thread any longer.

25. cheguevara04

cheguevara04 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Unfortunately we have become a narco state. In many ways, I think we are worse off then Mexico. I prey for the best but I have to be a realist.

Agreed. Maybe someday we can meet up over a beer and have a good civil conversation. I am in the U.S. a lot. That said, enough thread hijacking for this month.