Ramiro on Nats

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Jay Cee, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oguchi Onyewu is a National team prospect--playing in Europe for him is a plus. Ramiro Corrales isn't anymore. Take away that push in the box, and he still might have a chance. Steve Ralston might be invited back, but he's probably a sub or 60 minute player at best--he played enough that he could warrant another look.

2. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It may or may not have have something to do with Romero's play but I thought it was odd how often and how far back Johnson kept coming back.

McBride and Johnson played like they still needed to be introduced to one another.

Sannah stunk things up pretty good too.

Ditto on the previously posted "Dempsy Rocked" assesments, his Nat rep must have shot up.

3. LOTG

LOTG Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Spector's time on the pitch was brief but very effective. His moves inside the attacking pentaly area was brilliant. A defender with moves like that. That is what I want to see more of. E Johnson was again stunning, Reading about this kid when he played with the youth Nationals. Goals, goals, goals. I've always wondered when he would have the chance to step in. Bruce has made him the new favorite tool for everyone to pass to. Donovan can now relax and guide this team the way he wants. Time for Reyna to take a permanent back seat. We need a field commandor and captain that stays clear of constant injury. I thought Ralston had a great game. He was everywhere on the field. I do like Mullen on the pitch too. Can either of them play on the left? I'd take either of them over Stewart or Jones any day. More experience under their belt and they become a sure choice. Soon Twellman will surpass McBride. Probably over the summer.

This team has a good future! 2nd round is no given though. Jamacia will tell you that. How bad will we feel if we do not make it?

Can't wait til the next game.

4. alliu23

alliu23 I'm a Yank til I Die

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ohh.. i gotcha. that is pretty crappy luck

5. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud New Member

Apr 5, 2003
    Mountain View
    Ramiro should blame Canada. If the ref had called either of the two fouls outside the box before RC's foul inside most people outside SJ wouldn't have realized he was on the pitch.

As for Jamaica not making the hex - they only won one game. With 3 points for a win you can't play consersative. Ties just aren't enough.

6. jshecket

jshecket New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Bruce to Ramiro:

Don't call us, we'll call you.

7. mjlee22

mjlee22 Quake & Landon fan

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe Bruce only took Ramiro on the roster because he got a 4-for-the-price-of-1-special on Quakes players. Or maybe it was for diversity and having a hispanic on board.

Did anyone ever tally Ramiro's final count on shots not on goal this season? I think about 3/4 of the season he was like 3 on goal and 30 not. I think the only way he can score is to head the ball.

8. gilmoreaz

gilmoreaz Member

Aug 19, 2003
    Peoria, Arizona
    Reading all of these negative comments about Corrales is absolutely amazing!

The dude has been with the San Jose organization on and off since '96! He is a local player from Salinas... Those of you who have written negative things about him need to relax. The game was an opportunity for him. Did he have a great game... No he didn't.

However, give the guy a break! Reading your comments leads an outsider like myself to think that you all feel personally embarassed that a member of the Earthquakes had a poor showing in a qualifier that meant very little in the full scheme of things. I think it's safe to say that none of you have ever had the pressure of putting on a national team uniform, then having the added pressure of having one shot to show the coach what you have.

It was a fantastic opportunity for Ramiro. I am sure he knows how he played, but he doesn't need the fans from his club team bashing him the way some of you have here.

9. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. angra

angra New Member

Oct 10, 2001
    myfootongarbers'ass
    Ramiro To Chivas, Now.

11. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. :)

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

12. Jay Cee

Jay Cee New Member

Jul 9, 2002
    San Jose
    It happens all to often and we are all probably sick of seeing it happen.

13. Muy Cerca

Muy Cerca Member

Jan 10, 2002
    Downtown San Jose,CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I second that!!!

14. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Exactly Right. I don't see why people seem to want to rub it in .... Ramiro is still an Earthquake and I will defend our players and team in both good and bad times. Aguante Ramiro !!! Aguante Earthquakes ************ !!!!

15. lurking

lurking Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im really REALLY dissapointed in other Quakes fans reaction to the game. I thought BA doomed Ramiro, not because he put Ramiro out there, but he asked him to be a destroyer, a very limited and very defensive oriented position. Thats not Ramiros game, and I would assume that everyone here knows it. While he looked bad, I felt that was as much a part of him being set up to fail.

Hes a solid player, better than he showed last night. I dont nescessarily think hes nats material, but I know he did not get a fair shot.