Ramiro Corrales Named MLS Player of the Week

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by bpc, Aug 26, 2002.

1. jose8lo

jose8lo BigSoccer Yellow Card

Apr 9, 2002
    washington
    well deserved by Ramiro,I say he's the unsung hero of this team this year(besides Barrett of course).

2. Defender

Defender Member

Joe's Plumbing 86ers
    Feb 16, 2001
    San Francisco CA
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's definitely been one of the more steady contributors to the Quakes this year. I wonder if he'll get an all-star selection at some point.

He's struggled a bit when asked to switch between midfield and back on the left. I remember he did fairly well in the back last year, where he played primarily. This year he's played the majority in the midfield and has done well. When he has switched back and forth, he seems to struggle. He can play both, but the transition, refocusing his role/responsibility seems to throw him off a bit.

3. bpc

bpc Member+

Jul 21, 1999
    Silicon Valley
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I read up on the Laws of the Game. Since Corrales has more points than Donovan, he is REQUIRED to take his shirt off every time he scores a goal, until either Donovan passes him up or he tells Donovan that he is his "bi-atch." (High-scorers Graziani, Ekelund, and DeRosario are exempt from this rule as foreign internationals.)

Also, a jersey thrown by a goal scorer can never be in an offside position unless the goal scorer throws it DIRECTLY at the referee.

I hope this clears up some of the finer points of the rules.

4. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought it could be in an offside position. But it was only an offense if it was intefering with play. :D